News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Whats your BEST ground score?

Started by TwiLight, January 04, 2010, 12:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue66669

It's ok Wenchie, I still believe in Santa, The Tooth Fairy, Unicorns, good men, and other mythical creatures. I know, I actually HAVE one of those. Lemme tell you, that belch of a fairy won't stop leaving molars all over the house.
Blaidd Drwg

Ferret

My best so far was a booth/gate pass thingy for MNRF many years ago. I didn't find it there, I found it on the floor in my business a good 40 minute drive away.

No way of knowing who lost it. But since I was going there in a couple days, I brought it with and turned it into the booth it belonged to. I figured they'd know the employee who dropped it.
Ferret

Anna Iram

Quote from: Welsh Wench on January 06, 2010, 03:39:48 PM
I just think a good rule to follow is 'If I lost this and someone didn't turn it in to lost and found, how would I feel?'

I also like to think that rennies hold themselves to a higher standard.

I also believe in the Easter bunny too.   :-\

People are people where ever you go and you'll find bad and good apples in every bunch. We've both seen some of that WW,  but I do believe rennies know how much value we put by our garb and our trinkets and favors and such. We all know how dear some of those pieces are, both in price and sentiment, so we do what it takes to see it returned.

Tipsy Gypsy

I found out at the beginning of TRF this year that a friend had found a belt on closing night last year which carried a number of things she figured would be valued by its owner. She hung on to it, uncertain if Lost & Found would've gotten it to the right person after festival was closed for the season. When she brought it out of her truck and showed it to us, I saw several things that bore clues as to who the owner might be (a spanker with a guild emblem, a rubber ducky with a name on it, and a rather distinctive dagger), and although I didn't know the person, I knew who might- and he did!

Turns out, the belt itself was the most valued item of the lot- it had belonged to a deceased friend, and was a gift to the current owner by a member of his family. Ya never know what that thing you found means to somebody...
"It's just water, officer, I swear. And yeast. And a little honey. How the alcohol got in, I have no idea!"

NorthBayDreamer

We found this guy on my Lady's dress:

He crawled al over both us for about 45 minutes, then he left.  ;D

Lord Lisle (when a Nobel)
Horndog (when a Pirate)
Master Thomas Boddinham (when a middle)
Landshark No. 67

Noble Dreg

Clearly that lizard is not period!   ::)
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

renfairephotog

Quote from: Noble Dreg on January 10, 2010, 10:29:39 AM
Clearly that lizard is not period!   ::)
Yeah he's way to small and not breathing fire.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Someone scored on me... but I got it back.

This past year at faire on the 1st day I was wearing my new green and gold dress and my new green and black feather fan. I had my fan on a chain. Sadly at the end of the day i noticed the chain was broke and my beautiful fan was gone. I was OS disapointed.

I contacted the faire and friends and was told it had been found so I called the Corp office and they said it would be at Will Call. So next weekend i get there and i was told by a friend who works at faire that someone had already picked up my fan and it was not my fan but someone elses. I was bummed once again and figured it was gone for good since the fan I thought was fine, was not mine.

2 Weeks agoo I got an email from Betty Spleen who is the entertainment director at CoRF. She is a WONDERFUL person who I got to know last year. She told me she had my fan and wanted my address. I replied back to her, told her my tail of Woe and 4 days latter I had my fan back. The fan that was mine, that was not mine, was really mine and the person who told me it was not mine... well he was wrong and I was glad. :)

Toki on the other hand found a ring last year, I think it had to be a toe ring because of it's design and size.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Lady de Laney on January 27, 2010, 08:38:35 AM

Toki on the other hand found a ring last year, I think it had to be a toe ring because of it's design and size.

I think that was mine - was my toe still attached, I am missing that too !!  ;D
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Butch

Gauwyn, you need to stay away from the axe throwing booth, if you keep dropping them on your feet!  How many MORE toes will you lose until you learn your lesson?

Gauwyn of Bracknell

That must be why I am always stumbling at Faire - and I thought it was the mead and ale :)
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Butch - the group of us that visited your shire are heading to Arizona President's day weekend - any chance you could make it - I hear it is warm there :)
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Merlin

Once...I found a child.
I raised that child as if he were my own.... teaching him things... how to be a man.
How to lead a land... I named him Arthur and he became King.

Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

Butch

Gauwyn, grammercy for the invitation, but I must respectfully decline.  I have plans for the 13th (testing my students), 14th (Valentines Day!), and 15th (planned event with my son and his GF).  But I tell you what, the 15th is also when I start growing my beard again, the first time in almost 30 years!  When I see you again, I should be filled with facial hair!

Now, MIND WHERE YOU PUT THOSE AXES, there, Hopalong!

DonaCatalina

Having lost an expensive feather fan in a crowded pub, the term ground score irritates me immensely.
I've turned in wallets, cameras and jewelry to lost and found many times over the years.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess