News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Charlie Thacker, Campground Security, TRF

Started by TheOnlyAxxe, October 19, 2010, 06:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mouse

CAMP! We look out for each other. I am camping, no changing of the guard or driving off the guard is going to scare me off...no sirre.
Wee, sleekit, cow'rin, tim'rous beastie

"MOUSE,n. "Animalistic man-child which strews it's path with fainting woman"....less so these days :)

crashbot

I'm still camping. Bad things happen, doesnt mean I'll stop enjoying myself for the "what ifs".  Physical security starts with YOU..
Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices. - Voltaire

beckgam462

Lock it up
keep it close to the group
and watch your clan neighbors back for strangers (unknown visitors) / weird stuff

physical security starts with You as crashbot stated.

leave it out get cleaned out
in the bilge with the vermin
Procrastination wannabe
Life Time member "Cottonbalers"';  Volens et Potens

Dracconia

Silly me. I forgot who my clan was for a second...I'm good.

I know they have my back, which si why they are my clan
PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake

*Teach*

Quote from: Dracconia on October 21, 2010, 08:37:38 PM
Silly me. I forgot who my clan was for a second...I'm good.

I know they have my back, which si why they are my clan
Always will Drac

*as long as there is rum, I will be camping*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

crashbot

No clan to watch my stuff, but I kinda recognize the groups of people around me over the past couple years and could probably pick out some nefarious type that didnt belong. Just hope people would show me the same courtesy.
Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices. - Voltaire

KiltedPrivateer

Stalkwell - Just curious, what part of the camp ground were you parked in?
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

Stalkwell

Quote from: KiltedPrivateer on October 25, 2010, 10:43:58 AM
Stalkwell - Just curious, what part of the camp ground were you parked in?

We were in the open field behind the corner store... roughly to the west of row 30 I think, and half way down the hillside at a diagonal.  If you have Google Earth, coords are N 30 15.702, W 095 50.605

Curiously, this week the pigs only peed on the tires of the RV.  I guess things are improving?

We pulled in Friday night next to what turned out to be a rowdy bunch of F-bomb yelling camp ground trash, and they kept it up until about 3 in the morning.  It was amusing... we kept count and heard F this or F that in 1 of every 2.6 sentences.  I think that's a record, even for down there.  One said 'that Winnebago is gonna F'in stink in the morning after I..." .  Oh well... at least they fly their true colors, all you have to do is listen.

We broke camp and moved the site a few hundred yards away from there the next morning.  So much for getting in at a reasonable time (as if we ever do ;-)

These clowns were mostly bluster, but probably would have rallied to trash our RV if security had been called.

I miss Charlie!  I have no doubt that he would have dealt with it, and I doubt I would have had as much fear of retribution for telling him.

Stalk well...
Enthralled with the Faeriebox...

Shandi

This is a RUMOR! nor I can prove or disprove the following.
I overheard a discussion concerning "Charlie" and it was said he was caught being inapropriate with young girls on more then one occasion, and that's why he was let go.
I just wonder if this "rumor" was started just to make him not look so good. From what you all have said he was a good fellow and took care of the camp grounds.

"Chase the Morning" "Yield for Nothing!"

LadyJessica

Yeah...that has to be a rumor.  And a VERY false one at that!  I don't see Charlie or Mike ever doing that!
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP
Director of Social Tourture for the Empire
Gneaitheas Gnomie (DG#290)

brier patch charlie

I can't see it eather. Charlie was like 73 or 75, can't see to many young girls going for that. And word would have got around quick if he was any sort of a chomo!
Charles Coleman

Shandi

I am always amazed at how Rumors can spread like wildfire and be so stupidly off the wall that people actually give them merit...
"Chase the Morning" "Yield for Nothing!"

Brother Octavius

After dealing with the drunk last year, I had welcomed more security.  Do they have any plain clothed officers this year?  Security for me is a top priority.
I value order and protection and hope that this will be provided.  Charlie and Mike will be missed and I hope the new officers understand just how much is needed with all the novice drinkers with weapons and war like mentalities looking to show just how tough they can be toward people who want nothing to do with them.

The Drunk Monks will be there Nov 12-14th, please keep an eye out for us.  We are but poor monks doing the Lords work.  May your mugs never run dry.
In the privy with an open door policy.
Former Arnulf surveyor of lands both near and far.

Taylor Blu

This was my first time to ren fest an came with  my father.  He said he has been around 20 times or so.  The 20 dollars is for parking at the camp, not security. I was told by a woman who worked at on of the shops (she wore an all white leather pirate outfit) that the camp parking fee was "to discourage the ravers." We told her it was not working.  I did have a great time and made friends with some larger groups. A man named Pete next to us (very friendly and a tie die expert) had his ice chest stolen saturday morning. Our other neighbor, Dutch, told us about the Angel sword that was stolen. 

gaerdon

Just rly recovering from getting back and got to say i heard of more break ins then ever before.  Cops came around 5 times while we were cooking hamburgers on a propane grill to check and make sure our fire was acceptable, come morning two camps beside us had coolers stolen, apparently someone had fun taking the alcohol from one and pouring it all over the dudes car, and it looked liked a rampaging bull had come through our camp, chairs, grill, some unlit tiki torches we had put up to keep people from stumbling in had all been thrown to the ground.  Just wasnt a very safe camping xp this year sorry to say.