News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Another Fire-OUT-Now just weather talk and such :)

Started by Bonny Pearl, September 05, 2011, 04:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonny Pearl

Thanks.

Just reported on the news that TRF is now on the firefighters radar. :(
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

DonaCatalina

on TRF's facebook page they announced that they are mandatory evacuation and the office is closed. Let us hope for the best that everyone stays safe.
Buildings can be replaced.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

From Channel 13

Firefighters have held the fire in the areas of FM 1488 and Joseph Road in Waller County and along the Montgomery / Waller County lines between FM 1774 and FM 1488. At this time the following roads are closed: FM 1488 at FM 1774 west of the Waller County line, FM 1774 west of FM 1486 in to Grimes County
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Fenster

Quote from: Bonny Pearl on September 06, 2011, 11:31:44 AM
Thanks.

Just reported on the news that TRF is now on the firefighters radar. :(
Winds shifted that way.  Hopefully they can keep it from jumping West over 1774

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

How are things out there, Bonny?  One of our guys lives just south of you and helped a bunch of guys get their Harley's out of the area, last night...

*of course the cops stopped him and accused him of looting...*
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Bonny Pearl

Just listening/watching updates.  The evac area has been expanded but is still north of us.

I have heard rumors about looting in one subdivision that was evacuated but don't have any confirmation on that.  It is unfortunate that your friends were viewed that way but people are on high alert and watching for such things.
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Fenster

Another Local News Site

Seems things are getting a bit more contained, but still a lot of work left for the firefighters.

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: Bonny Pearl on September 06, 2011, 01:10:49 PM
Just listening/watching updates.  The evac area has been expanded but is still north of us.

I have heard rumors about looting in one subdivision that was evacuated but don't have any confirmation on that.  It is unfortunate that your friends were viewed that way but people are on high alert and watching for such things.

He DID have 6 bikes on his trailer... funny thing is that he knows most of the cops out there but this happened to be a Trooper.

Hope the guys fighting this thing keep up the great work... takes a lot of guts to look into the mouth of a blast furnace and try to put it out.
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Bonny Pearl

People are needing help with horses and other livestock.  New fire in Waller County now?  Can't confirm yet.

edit

Remington Forest Subdivision reports are up to 90% burned

Got this on a FB page:
Everything from 1774 and Reeds Prairie to 362 and south to 2920 through Field Store in Grimes and Waller Counties are now under a mandatory evacuation. Firefighters are working a new Major fire west of 1774 north of Remington Forest, which is the same are that lost houses in another fire last night.
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

LadyJessica

Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP
Director of Social Tourture for the Empire
Gneaitheas Gnomie (DG#290)

Bonny Pearl

Folks north of me are saying the wind has picked up again.  This was predicted on the news, I was just hoping they were wrong like usual... :-\
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Lady Amy of York

Quote from: Bonny Pearl on September 06, 2011, 01:17:39 PM
People are needing help with horses and other livestock.  New fire in Waller County now?  Can't confirm yet.

edit

Remington Forest Subdivision reports are up to 90% burned

Got this on a FB page:
Everything from 1774 and Reeds Prairie to 362 and south to 2920 through Field Store in Grimes and Waller Counties are now under a mandatory evacuation. Firefighters are working a new Major fire west of 1774 north of Remington Forest, which is the same are that lost houses in another fire last night.

Having had lived in southern California  for  a few years  and having to evacuate my horses  when brush  fires occured my heart goes  out  to you all . Wished  i lived  closer  and  could  help out.Prayers  for  everyone's  safety  and  that they get  the  fires out soon.
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Bonny Pearl

Just stepped out to onto my back porch and stepped into haze and ash.  The wind is carrying the smoke and ash this way now.  It's not like the pics I posted yesterday.  It's like I just walked too close to a firepit at camp and inhaled. :(
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Bonny Pearl

Folks on FB are posting that experienced firefighters and EMS are needed.  If you can help, call the OEM or local county sheriff office.
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Captain Teague

If you are getting ash, shouldn't you be bugging out yourself? Sounds pretty close to you. Please be safe, get on out of there.
The Code is the Law...