News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Another Fire-OUT-Now just weather talk and such :)

Started by Bonny Pearl, September 05, 2011, 04:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonaCatalina

The Red Cross is coordinating volunteers and donations at Magnolia High School.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Bonny Pearl

The wind is carrying this to us, no threat for now.  But believe me if we are told to go we will be on it!
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Fenster

Latest update from TRF's Facebook is that the grounds are still safe, but fires are a few miles North of the parking area. 

No chance of rain, which saved them from the last fire, so hope for favorable winds or no wind.

Breandan

Just confirmed with Grimes County- no additional EMS personnel needed at this time, but check in with them directly periodically as that may change.
Author, bladesmith, and fuzzy teddybear.

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me

Bonny Pearl

I am glad they don't need additional EMS.  This means the firefighters and residents are staying out of danger as much as possible.
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Just had an update via M-N-L's I phone, that they were calling for more evacs out there... any word?
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Montgomery County Emergency Management says new areas of fires have developed in Montgomery County. Residents are now being evacuated in the communities of High Chapperal, Toby's Village and Magnolia East. Fire danger is close and residents should take immediate action.

MCEM also says the area south of FM 1774 and FM 1488 remains closed -- in most cases as a safety precaution while firefighters continue fighting hot spots and pockets of fires that are cropping up.

We've also learned that authorities have shut down northwest bound traffic on FM 1774 toward FM 1486.

In Waller County, authorities say they are still fighting fire between FM 1488 and Riley Road, west of FM 1774. It's a big forested area where they say hundreds of acres have burned. The same evacuations are in place with no one allowed back yet. They are keeping an eye on homes to the north, but are unsure if any structures are damaged.

Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Bonny Pearl

We are still in the same position.  Haven't been told to leave but in the process of packing up our camper, hook it up and be ready in case we get evacuated when it is dark.

I believe the smoke/haze we are seeing is from the fire at Joseph Road & 1488.
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Be ready to haul butt at a moment's notice...
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Mouse

I live in Pasadena and I know accommodations can be found closer to evacuation sites, but any flow-over need to find a place to stay if they can't lodging elsewhere, I will gladly offer my house up.
Wee, sleekit, cow'rin, tim'rous beastie

"MOUSE,n. "Animalistic man-child which strews it's path with fainting woman"....less so these days :)

Merlin the Elder

Bonny, once you get ready, you guys need to get on out of there. That's a lot of rig to scramble with. Please be careful and cautious.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

LadyJessica

This was taken at Bastrop State Park on Sept 5th.

http://youtu.be/vhJeDYQVtdQ

Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP
Director of Social Tourture for the Empire
Gneaitheas Gnomie (DG#290)

Trillium

How scary!!  Please be careful!
Got faerie dust?

Bonny Pearl

My heart just sank.  Saw this on the FB fire page posted by someone:

Montgomery County Police Reporter
MAGNOLIA FD BOOSTER HAS SPOTTED A POSSIBLE ARSONIST ON THE BACK OF THE FIRE

I really hope and pray this is not true!  :'(
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

LadyJessica

I pray that's not true Bonnie...and if it is I hope that the next one he starts burns him.
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP
Director of Social Tourture for the Empire
Gneaitheas Gnomie (DG#290)