News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

History, Customs and Manners 2012 version

Started by SirRichardBear, March 06, 2012, 11:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattintx

Dona Catalina: You are most welcome. It's a tremendously important part of who we are, and we love sharing the knowledge with like-minded folk :)

Drac: Splendid suggestion, thanks. I'll add it to the list.

EloquentXI - Absolutely the tradition will continue :) Some of our best topics came from this forum, and we want to make sure that we provide our audience shows that are interesting to them.

Merlin: Nod your head and say "Yes, Your Majesty". That has worked to keep MY head on my shoulders...so far :)

And a final side note: Feel free to tell your fellow HCM Show regulars about this forum, so they can add their voices as well.

Cheers,

Matt

Lady Kett

Awesome to see you here Matt. We love HCM! And like Merlin, we (me and my trusty Sidekick) will be working on nodding our heads and saying, "yes, your majesties" :)

Merlin the Elder

Do we do that even when he's wrong:P  :D
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

KeeperoftheBar

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on April 05, 2012, 05:20:52 AM
Do we do that even when he's wrong:P  :D

Rule #1    The King is always right.
Rule #2    In the event the King is wrong, see Rule #1.
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

Merlin the Elder

Thank you for the clarification, Keeper.

Matt, have this week's subjects been decided?  We'll have to hustle back from the Tartanic show, but we'll be there!

DonaCatalina

Quote from: mattintx on April 03, 2012, 01:42:52 PM
Greetings, my friends! Well, we are just a few short days away from Opening Cannon, and I will be your friendly neighborhood HC&M liaison for this year. If you don't know me, my name is Matt and I play the role of Thomas Cromwell.

All of the show performers would very much like to thank you all for your interest and active participation in the History Customs and Manners Show. We are very excited to have the opportunity to see you all again this year and are now actively soliciting subjects about which you would like to hear more. They can be anything - repeats from previous shows, things we may have touched lightly on, or completely new topics. Feel free to throw ideas out in this forum, and I'll collect them and pass them on.

Appearing regularly in the HC&M Show this year will be:
His Grace, Charles Brandon, Duke of Suffolk
Secretary of State and Chancellor of the Exchequer Thomas Cromwell
Latimer Fairfield, Captain of the Sea Hawk & Baron of Suscerland
Margaret Lee, Lady Lee
Owen Fairfield, Boatswain's Mate of the Sea Hawk
Penelope Weaver, Master Weaver

Our first show's topic will be "Welcome to the Sixteenth Century - a compendium of notes and miscellany of life in our times"
Second show shall be "Sixteenth Century Belief systems"

After that, we shall be alternating between topics we feel like nattering about, and ones you wish us to natter on about :)

Look forward to seeing you all very soon on the magical grounds of Scarborough.

Cheers,

Matt
Welcome to the Sixteenth Century indeed!
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Lady Gryphon

What time are the talks and are they the same one both Saturday and Sunday for one weekend  IE  April 14th and 15th.  It sound like a great place to rest your bones and learn something at the same time.

See you all that weekend

Why do I feel like I've worn something like this before?

SirRichardBear

11:30 at the hightower stage right across from the front gate and before you get to the rose garden.  Different lectures ever day but some are kinda like part 1 and part 2.  And it is a great place to sit enjoy something to drink before parade and learn something of the period.  The lectures not only have a lot if information they pass along they make it a lot of fun.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

DonaCatalina

Oh yeah, it is fun. And they are very encouraging of audience participation.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: Lady Gryphon on April 05, 2012, 09:50:32 PM
What time are the talks and are they the same one both Saturday and Sunday for one weekend  IE  April 14th and 15th.  It sound like a great place to rest your bones and learn something at the same time.

See you all that weekend

We'll be a bit busy on Saturday and will sadly have to miss it...

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on April 06, 2012, 09:04:13 AM
Quote from: Lady Gryphon on April 05, 2012, 09:50:32 PM

See you all that weekend

We'll be a bit busy on Saturday and will sadly have to miss it...

We too.  We will be judging your customs and manners, Merlin  :D
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Lady Gryphon

But I can Make Sunday!  That's why I asked.  I'll try to remember it this time around.  We missed it last year.

Why do I feel like I've worn something like this before?

Merlin the Elder

Opening day... got too far away and involved in organizing for upcoming events... missed it!  I really got to get me a new sundial...

Don_Juan_deCordoba

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on April 07, 2012, 07:01:29 PM
Opening day... got too far away and involved in organizing for upcoming events... missed it!  I really got to get me a new sundial...

I don't think that you will make 2nd weekend either on Saturday.
;)
Marques de Trives

Merlin the Elder

Well, Don Juan, I did get there Sunday...and they even talked about me! They might not have if I had been dressed in my wizardry, but as VIII mentioned as he strolled by us, I was dressed down for the day, more like a ship's hand...incognito, as it were...

So I'm left wondering...were they talking about me behind my back, in front of me?