News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Dining and entertainment

Started by Addilay, October 23, 2012, 09:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Addilay

We plan to see Arthur along with Iris and Rose at the Polish Pub. Is this a place where we can sit and eat while we watch the show? Are there places to sit and eat while being entertained besides the Kings Feast and the Brazilian place?

This is our first visit to TRF.
Of Course!  More wine!

PollyPoPo

Hi, Addilay,

I have not been in the Polish Pub myself (always seem to have 10-11 year olds with us).  However, a Google turned up some pix which show a bit of the inside of the pub.  Appears to be open on one side (or a really big door), with picnic type tables inside (not dining room table and chairs).

A few places are sit-down restaurant style (Brazil comes to mind); others have more rustic table and chairs/benches (Prince of Wales, if I remember correctly); most (if not all) places that sell food have some form of seating nearby; the food places with shows definitely have seating of some sort.  Only a few places have table service, however. 

People take their walking-around food with them to munch while watching the show.  Bigger stages have long concrete benches where people take in a show while they eat.  The only exception is the Birds of Prey show.  Ever have a vulture with a five-foot wing span eyeing a turkey leg in your hand? ::)   

You're going to have a great time. 

Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)

FaeHollow

German Arborhaus is nice! I love all the music.
Leigh

KiltedPrivateer

Yes, the Polish pub has seating, however be aware that it is also a smoking venue.  There are also picnic tables outside from which you can still hear the I&R show.  The Arborhaus is very good too and I don't recall any smoking.  There is also the new Brazilian restaurant for sit down eating.  You can view the most recent posts on this forum to get an idea about it.  I have not been yet this year so I can't comment on it.

Have a great weekend out there.
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Since Lady Addilay is my Countess, I am replying so this shows in 'my posts'.

She does wear a hoop, so sometimes this is a challenge  ;)

Are there any foods that are a 'must'?
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

eloquentXI

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on October 24, 2012, 11:18:41 AM

She does wear a hoop, so sometimes this is a challenge  ;)

Royal Hamburger! It is AMAZING. Back in the far corner, if I remember right from last season, in the German section. You won't be disappointed my friend, this is my very first and always must food at faire every year. So good....not even thinking about the weight watchers points right now...  :D
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Randal

I'll second the royal hamburger, and add a pickle from one of the carts. Ice cold and crisp.
Vive Ut Vive

PollyPoPo

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on October 24, 2012, 11:18:41 AM

She does wear a hoop, so sometimes this is a challenge  ;)

Where do we start?  Breakfast - go through the gates, forward and slightly to the left, outdoor seating for drinks, hot chocolate, spiced if you like, plus ooohhhh pastries.  Send someone to the right and you'll find scotch eggs, bangers and mash, bagel and lox.

Turkey leg

Lunch - the Brazilian has good sit down; any of the themed places like German, Polish (uumm perogi), veggie meals, prime rib sandwich at a pub

Later, crêpes with Nutella and/or fruits, fruit and cheese plate, chocolate covered cheesecake on a stick - aaaahhhh

In short, there is something for everybody and probably every one of us has our favorites.  

The main TRF website http://texrenfest.com/ has links under Entertainment, Festival Feasting, that will give you an idea of what's out there.  The Hacienda San Jose (new Brazilian theme) restaurant has a FB page with link to their menu.

Just remember to drink plenty of water throughout the day.

Happy feasting.
Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)

SirRichardBear

Maybe its because I grew up in the north east but I love the  perogi and cabbage rolls at the polish area.  The Royal Hamburger are more than worth the price and the Prime rib or fish and chips at the Prince of Wales are a favorite stop for us.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

LadyJessica

Someone has to help me find the crepes this year!! PLEASE!
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP
Director of Social Tourture for the Empire
Gneaitheas Gnomie (DG#290)

PollyPoPo

Quote from: LadyJessica on October 24, 2012, 12:19:37 PM
Someone has to help me find the crepes this year!! PLEASE!

Might be more than one place to buy them, but we found them between the Odeon Stage and the Exit, on the outside wall in the 155-161 numbered shops.  Easy to miss.  Has a front porch cover.  They had the crepes, choc cheesecake on a stick and some other things. 

Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)

Gauwyn of Bracknell

I have looked at the app which shows quite a bit - Just looking for some local insight. 
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

KiltedPrivateer

I can't say that there is any food that is bad at TRF.  They have great food.  Last year they had a pork sundae.  Come on, how can you beat that (o:
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

Mouse

Pork sundae aided quite nicely in my hangover...also was tasty.
Wee, sleekit, cow'rin, tim'rous beastie

"MOUSE,n. "Animalistic man-child which strews it's path with fainting woman"....less so these days :)

Breandan

Bad, no. Pricey, yes. For sit-down places, you have the Prince of Wales (the prime rib sandwich is well worth the price, BTW, get one every weekend), the new Brazillian place which I haven't tried the food at, the Barbarian Inn (same, didn't get a chance to eat there), the Greek Agora, and the German Arborhaus. All of them- except the ones I haven't eaten at, as mentioned- have excellent food, and while pricey compared to some, they're worth it. For grab-and-go places... wow, too many to count.
Author, bladesmith, and fuzzy teddybear.

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me