News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

So, when's everyone going?

Started by maelstrom0370, July 01, 2008, 09:49:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Margaret

Quote from: Abigail Fairbottom on July 17, 2008, 01:32:50 PM

Yesterday  marked one month till opening day, btw.  ;D

*twitch*

sewsewsewsewsewsewsewsewsewsewsewsewsewsewsewsewsewsew.....
Mistress Margaret Baynham
The Sweete Ladye
IWG #1656 MCL
wench.org (IWG forums)
ibrsc.org (IBRSC forums)

nliedel

Tell me about it, Margaret. I'm in a sewing storm and have been for weeks. I have two dresses, but I've decided I need three and to make my blackwork look reasonable, so I can sit and blackwork and chat, once my roses are sold and I intend to sell all the ones marked for me, out. I'm a rose pusher. Snort.

I'm not allowed in, near, or by th Guiness Pub, till after the faire closes for the day, so all the pub folks, please come find me. I'm the only rose seller on cast and I sing in Italian and speak with an accent. I'm not really missable. Even on a busy day. Arrive at the beginning and look for the worst dancer in the cast. That's me.

My journey from mundane to Ren Actor

Margaret

Here's the current list:

~ Repleat red gown and hem
~finish bodice on ivory gown (shoulder & waist treatments, sleeves)
~finish Vic corset
~finish black doublet
~finish blue doublet
~make blue kirtle for blue doublet
~fix caul

The 'Wanna Do' list includes:

~German Gown
~Fleur de Lis gown
~another new hat

Hubby is golfing this Sunday, so I am looking forward to tucking in and getting some stuff done.
The Sweete Ladye
IWG #1656 MCL
wench.org (IWG forums)
ibrsc.org (IBRSC forums)

sealion

Oh, you are an ambitious woman Margaret! I have fabric staring at me but I just can't decide what it wants to become so there it sits.
Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

nliedel

I have several hats, a dress that is cut, but not sewn, some blackwork on a camicia and I'm playing with a farthingale made with tubing, cause it sounded like fun!! I'm almost done now.

Two dresses, five camicia's (I spill), three pillbox hats and one kids garb done. Two more kids and sleeves for the hubby and I'm golden. Then there are the Italian lessons, the singing work and the bits to put together. DEAR GOD GIVE ME A KID-FREE WEEK!!!!!

Four of em and they've all decided there are too many, "bitey bugs" to play outside.
My journey from mundane to Ren Actor

Margaret

Quote from: sealion on July 18, 2008, 08:22:18 AM
Oh, you are an ambitious woman Margaret! I have fabric staring at me but I just can't decide what it wants to become so there it sits.

It usually ends up with being a case of my eyes being bigger than my plate.  I have an ambitious list in January that slowly gets paired down as the months progress.   ;D
The Sweete Ladye
IWG #1656 MCL
wench.org (IWG forums)
ibrsc.org (IBRSC forums)

Saoirse_Anam

I'm definitely going Opening Day for the archery competition with my friend Elizabeth, the one who first took me to faire, bless her. After that, I have to go at least twice more because I promised my friend Kelly that I would convert her, and I need to expose my cousin in hopes that it will do her some good. (Renaissance Therapy---it cleanses the soul). My goal for this year is to meet as many people as possible because I didn't really have the chance to socialize before, and to buy a tankard! Does anybody know how much one of those might cost me??
Do it not for glory or profit but to create out of the materials of the human spirit something that did not exist before

Lady Elizabeth

Yes, we are definitely going opening day. Don't forget we must bring Sir Shank-a-lot! At least now we won't be losing anymore arrows in the rainforset currently residing in your backyard.

max and kate

Quote from: Saoirse_Anam on July 21, 2008, 11:51:51 AM
I'm definitely going Opening Day for the archery competition with my friend Elizabeth, the one who first took me to faire, bless her. After that, I have to go at least twice more because I promised my friend Kelly that I would convert her, and I need to expose my cousin in hopes that it will do her some good. (Renaissance Therapy---it cleanses the soul). My goal for this year is to meet as many people as possible because I didn't really have the chance to socialize before, and to buy a tankard! Does anybody know how much one of those might cost me??
There are wooden ones, metal ones and leather mugs or tankards ranging anywhere from $30 on up, a nice one around $55. Look around first then choose what meets your fancy and budget.
Brethren of the Great Lakes
Outlanders
Castleteers
Irish Penny Brigade
M'Cracks

Saoirse_Anam

Thanks for the approximation. Due to religious concerns I can't buy a leather one, and metal just looks cooler than wood, so I'm going to end up on the upper part of the price range. Oh well, it's worth it. (And yet I wouldn't spend that much on a pair of shoes...gotta love faire-logic!)
Do it not for glory or profit but to create out of the materials of the human spirit something that did not exist before

darkranger

26 days till the fun begins,  :o
Pathfinder,,FOKTOP

Lord Virgil

Quote from: Saoirse_Anam on July 21, 2008, 06:42:39 PM
Thanks for the approximation. Due to religious concerns I can't buy a leather one, and metal just looks cooler than wood, so I'm going to end up on the upper part of the price range. Oh well, it's worth it. (And yet I wouldn't spend that much on a pair of shoes...gotta love faire-logic!)

I have a metal tankard, and it sucks all the cold out of your beverage in nothing flat.  I would suggest a wood one, due to the above fact and that they are lighter and easier to carry when not in use.
Nothing better in life than enjoying a pint amongst friends...Huzzah!

TinGoliath

You do not need a patch or badge on your sleeve to show you have honor.

Ladyfair

~\o/~ waving back at you my friend!!!
Lady Penny Clan Sutcliff - MI Chieftess
2013 Penny family Gathering Sept 7-8
Ren Vet
IWG Wench #3523

Katie Bookwench

Quote from: Lord Virgil on July 22, 2008, 02:57:35 PM
I have a metal tankard, and it sucks all the cold out of your beverage in nothing flat.  I would suggest a wood one, due to the above fact and that they are lighter and easier to carry when not in use.

It also will take on heat from hot beverages, making a chalice or a cup very hard to handle without hotpads. (ooch!)   :-[

I have a large metal (that pewter-like stuff I can't recall the name of at the moment) mug that - thank goodness- has a handle, or hot coffee in the morning would be an impossibility.
Katie O'Connell - Hollygrove Library
(aka The Bookwench)
Licensed Wench - IWG Local 57