News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Faire Favors and Tokens

Started by Magister, May 12, 2008, 09:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinn

They look great to me and I would be proud to wear one in honor of your grandson
I.P.B.
IWG# 3681
Ette
ROL #101
FOKTOP

Alessandra

Thanks.  This is my first year to make favors and I didn't want to offend anyone by giving something too personalized.  My little man is the perfect inspiration.  :)

He's 2 years old and weighs 58 lbs.  A tad hard to miss -  he'll be the most cutest darn Robin Hood at the faire !  ;) 

Peddlin

No doubt, he will be most adorable!    ;D
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

Taarna

Wonderful favors everyone!

I've just finished mine. The glass hearts were ordered last year but unfortunately didn't arrive in time for Faire (they were shipped from China) so they are favors this year. This is my first year to make favors. I hope folks will like them.

A chill in the air, over your shoulder, the Ice Queen's cold stare, you can only be one place. The Texas Ren Faire!

Lishy

I finally got around to finishing mine- my first attempt at favors.  I am doing 2 different sets, one to represent each weekend we will be there.  These are for Pirate's weekend. . . the photo lokos alittle funny due to the flash, but oh well. 

Muintir Go Deo!
SquishyLishy, Squeak, 1/2 of D-Lish
Clan o hEighnigh

Nailin

Chieftess Nailin'
Irish Penny Brigade
Daddy's Princess
IWG # 3894

Lady Renee Buchanan

Quote from: Alessandra on October 20, 2008, 10:40:16 PM
I'm working on these for TRF (Nov 1 weekend).  My grandson, Carter, has AHO - a rare genetic disorder.  Mint green is the awareness color. 

Are these ok or 'too personal' ? 

I think they are lovely.  I am a kidney recipient, and my favors are the looped green ribbon with the letters R, S, and B on them.  For Renee and Steve Buchanan.  Anything to bring attention to debilitating diseases is  very good.  They look great.   ;D
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

CelticOne

Such creative people wae have here, if I were closer to ya'll i'd love to get one from each of you, those are simply fun.

Great job everyone and keep up the great work.
The mind is like a parachute, its best when open.

Tammy

Quote from: Element of Air on October 02, 2008, 02:52:12 PM
Chris said that my favors for TRF 2008 look creepy..... :'(

They are supposed to be the Element of Air. (All the feathers are different colors for each one)

They are made out of sculpty with feathers and pin backs on them. At least their eyes are closed... :-[

These are incredible! I love sculpey, and I've got that same mold set!!
Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

mieljolie

Finally got around to taking a pic of my favors from TRF.  Please forgive the wrinkles in the ribbon.  They've been in my pouch since I got back from All Hallow's weekend at TRF.  And, I'm too lazy to press them.  :)

Next time I want to add a bottle cap in the center with the faire, year, and my info in it.

Royal Order of Landsharks - Guppy No. 85

Tammy

Those are incredible!!  Wow...everyone has such great favors!!
I'm guessing I'll have something cooked up for next year.

Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

Codi Lyn

I absolutely LOVE these all, you're (all) such terrific artists and they're beautiful. ^_^ I haven't started mine, but alas, I have but a little money yet much enthusiasm! I've not started mine yet, but top priority is to buy myself a digital camera before AZ Faire in the Spring so I will be improvising with all my materials at home (I have quite a bit, so I'm not too worried) and am looking forward to it. Cheers to your generosity, my ladies (and m'lords who I've not seen speak up as yet)!

~ Codi
M'name's Cordelia Lyn, m'lards and ladies... Shall I be takin' ye portraits with me film of yon Fuji?

CapnFayeCutler

Alright, I've got some new ones. I haven't decided on whether to make these special favors or to just do these... I still have a TON of sheep & ship wheels so maybe a special one would be good... Hmm, dunno. ;)

The charm on them is a little pirate hat and sword I found at Chubby Chico Charms. I love the different bottles. The gold one (round bottle) actually has Pyrat XO Reserve in it.  :D
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

eloquentXI

Wow, those are really awesome Faye! Definitely fits you perfectly!

Hopefullymaybeyoulovemeenoughtosendmeone?  ;D
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

CapnFayeCutler

Quote from: eloquentXI on December 25, 2008, 11:50:23 PM
Wow, those are really awesome Faye! Definitely fits you perfectly!

Hopefullymaybeyoulovemeenoughtosendmeone?  ;D

Hehe of course, dahling! Hmm...maybe I should start planning a trip to Scarby so I can deliver it in person.
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE