News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Faire Favors and Tokens

Started by Magister, May 12, 2008, 09:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CelticOne

Quote from: SirBlackFox on February 01, 2009, 11:08:13 AM
I'm working on a faire favors article for the next issue of Faire Magazine.  Please send me photos of your home-made favors and the explanation behind them and you'll see your hard work in the pages of our quarterly magazine.  If we can use your posted photos and information in this thread, please let me know of that as well!

Your welcome to use my info on mine(I believe its on pg. 1.) If its not I made mine out of sculpy, ink, embossing powder, & embrodery thread. If there's any other questions just ask.
The mind is like a parachute, its best when open.

eloquentXI

Ay, you can use the photos of my favors also! :D
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Jezzy MacPeaks

Quote from: blue66669 on May 14, 2008, 08:29:46 AM
My favors for this year will be tiny litte replicas of my faire hair. Kinda like taking a little piece of me with you..... EVERYWHERE!

Oh, but I did and DO still love the little Pirate Egg...Mom?  :)
Pyrate Queen
Costumer, Extraordinaire
Hook'n of Clan M'Crack
Have Blunderbuss, Will Plunder

WindChime

Hey all. I am finished with my dad's (Sir Jim)favor. I'm almost done with mine and have a little to do to finish mom's(Lady Helen). My goal is to have them all 100% done for the next castleteer get together.
Chime'n Penny / Cheiftess Clan O'Maille
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF
Keeper of All Bells & Chimes
RESCU Rally Captain ORF &  KyRF

Jezzy MacPeaks

I've begun mine, but as I was making the first one, I realized that they would make excellent favors to give to my wedding guests, so I kind of made them more to fit that occasion.  I'll come up with something else for my Faire Friends, and they'll be just as nice!

By the way, I do wear mine on my hat, as you can see in the pic above, however, I now have so many, I'm going to have to consider a sash!  The hat be gettin' a bit heavy on the noggin' now.  :)
Pyrate Queen
Costumer, Extraordinaire
Hook'n of Clan M'Crack
Have Blunderbuss, Will Plunder

eloquentXI

I'm thinking about making some new favors for Scarby this season but then again...I might have decided too late to do that.
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Tim T

I've got an idea for some favors- dangly ones.  I'd rather not use a safety pin to attach them.  Is anybody out there aware of something like a tie tack that has a ring of some sort on the front so that I could hang my favors from?  I've looked at all the big online jewelry findings stores online, and haven't found anything yet.  Any ideas??
Tim
aka Dark'n M'Crack of Clan M'Crack/Clan White

Angus

Tim T,

My Renaissance Family Motif is the Penhallow Tree of Life, Every member of our famliy wears one, as well as my "extended" family. So, I did my Favors in a similar vein, Dangle Green Glass Leaves off of a stick pin to represent "Leaves" off of our Tree...

I found the "Stick Pins" at Fire Mountain Gems and Beads:

http://www.firemountaingems.com/details.asp?PN=H205177FD (here is a link)

I found them to be inexpensive, and durable...
I made about 100 favors and spent less than $50.00.
Chief cook, and bottle washer...

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Tim T

Angus-

Thanks very much!  I think that will do the trick, although I had to do a search to figure out how to use them.  I'm not familiar with jewelry making, but I found that same site has a whole series of how-to videos which helped me figure out a few things.

Lady Joyce Ann-

Thanks for the link, I'll hold on to that.  I think I've got my charms figured out, though.  Just need to do a bit more thinkin' and a start shoppin'.
Tim
aka Dark'n M'Crack of Clan M'Crack/Clan White

Kat Rose

Call me a big Chicken...but I've made some favors...two different styles...mug charms for those with mugs...and pins for those with out. 

But alas, I've only give two out..and they were to family members (real world ones too).   I so need a kick in the Bloomers before my pouch of them makes me fall over...LOL

WindChime

Well I finally got some pictures up.
Dads

Mine

Moms
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF

Lady Ellie

How many do you make ? As a newbie I am excited about meeting my fairemily in person and getting to know them.

Thank you,

Lady Ellie

WindChime

I made about 60 - 70 of each style. I already need to make more after 1 Castleteer event.
I' m starting to make about 20 of each and see how the supplies last.
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF

Blushing

Quote from: LADY JOYCE ANN on March 21, 2009, 09:58:31 AM
TimT, check out this site. Prices are fantastic. :o
http://www.fancifulsinc.com/mall/lobby.htm?I1.x=89&I1.y=9

Thanks for the link!  I'll certainly have to get some goodies from them.  =)
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~