News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

where does everyone work?

Started by beeboy, May 13, 2008, 12:02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

I'm "the" IT guy for our local 200 bed hospital/nursing home. 300 workstations, 27 servers, 17 switches and me to design and manage the infrastructure. There are a total of five people in our department my boss, myself and three data entry "operators" that also do instructed maintenance on systems. I'm the only network person.

***EDIT***
I forgot to mention that my lovely wife and I also have a jewelry and leather store (featuring her wonderful creations). We are also opening a coffee shop with light food service and I have a small web hosting company.

The websites are www.ladyserenas.us, www.queencitycoffee.us and www.rangehosting.us respectively. The coffee shop isn't open yet so the web store doesn't have any products for sale yet.

Tom
Thanks,

Tom

A.K.A. - Lady Serenas husband

McGuinness

Parttime, I'm a pro-actress at/with the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire.

Fulltime, I'm a marine biologist and livestock inventory controller with an aquarium and pet supply company called That Fish Place/That Pet Place in Lancaster, PA.

Tipsy Gypsy

State drone, doing 17 on a 25.
"It's just water, officer, I swear. And yeast. And a little honey. How the alcohol got in, I have no idea!"

Annastina

Middle School Library Clerk in San Diego County.
Wife, mom to three cutie-pie daughters and the joy of my dog's life.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Zaubon

I hide in a cube farm and break computers all over the world for a major petrochemical company.

Captain Jack Wolfe

I'm an IT Architect for the world's largest computer company.
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

maelstrom0370

Anyone else notice a "theme" here?  Say what you want about the idiocy/banality/hopelessness of your given career, there's a LOT of brainpower and creativity goin' on here!!!

Erynn

TwistedLeather

I make stainless steel clamps and brackets for motorcycles, cars, and many other applictions for my mudane job. For my personal business, I make custom leather goods and accessories for ren, fetish, goth, cowboy, and anyone else looking for quality leather. I do occasional repair jobs on motorcycles and cars, and pretty much anything else I find interesting.

Butch
Owner-Twisted Gryphon Leather
twistedleather.com

NoBill Lurker

I do Shipping and receiving for a plastics manufacturing plant.

They let me drive a forklift all the live long day!
So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???

Lady Donna

Shipping and Receiving Supervisor for the production department of a packaging/warehousing company.

Yeah, I pretty much load/unload trucks and do a sh**load of paperwork   :) :
May the sun always shine upon your path

WindChime

I work for Wal-Mart as the day receiving coordinator.  Fancy name for the Jewelry back up manager. This is my every day job and I do jewelry and craft making on the side.
As of 2010 I was let go from walmart due to me not being able to do my job. I finally won my SSD case this year and have 2 faire shops that my family and friends help me with since I can't do a ton of stuff with my spinal injury.
Chime'n Penny / Cheiftess Clan O'Maille
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF
Keeper of All Bells & Chimes
RESCU Rally Captain ORF &  KyRF

Lady L

I am an artist!  ;D

I worked at a newspaper as composition/layout artist and did all the darkroom work, taught Art to K-6 at a private school, worked in a studio that designed for paper products, bedding, wallpaper and fabric, including sunworthy, JP Stevens, Sears and Benartex. I have done a lot of graphic design work/licensing. Since 1998, I have had my shop at MNRF.
Former Shop Owner at MNRF

Cilean

I work for an airline UA ground support, and Hubby is a Software Engineer for the Largest Computer Company, located in Redwood City, CA.

Lady Cilean Stirling
"Looking Good is not an Option, It is a Necessity"
My Motto? Never Pay Retail

Capt Lucy

I am a Super Senior of Counter Intelligence Agent (SSCIA) at Geek Squad  :D
Dame Lucy, Captain of the Crimson Phoenix
IWG #2772 L77 Madame Emeritus
Booty'n Penny
Ette, R/F, IFORP, Merc, FOKTOP, Rengeek blah blah blah...