News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

where does everyone work?

Started by beeboy, May 13, 2008, 12:02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Quote from: Mad Jack Wolfe on May 13, 2008, 07:39:59 PM
I'm an IT Architect for the world's largest computer company.

Nice title! I'll have to submit that one, my company prefers giving new titles instead of raises  ;). Right now I'm the Network Coordinator/Analyst.

Tom
Thanks,

Tom

A.K.A. - Lady Serenas husband

Don Giovanni de' Medici

Truthfully, I am a working actor with many gigs, but the most steady is with Universal Studios in Orlando.
Sincero,

Don Giovanni de' Medici
Ambasciatore del Granducato della Toscana
"Dio conserva il Papa"

Trillium

I work in the compliance dept of an investment company.  But essentially, I'm a glorified office assistant.
Got faerie dust?

festmum

I work as a divemaster/instructor in the British West Indies...till July.  July I work as a Underwater Videographer in the British West Indies...

Charlotte Rowan

I work in the study abroad office at the U of MN.
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

Lady Nicolette

Presently I'm working at Whole Foods, as Customer Service Clerk, hoping to work that up to their "Food Concierge/Personal Shopper" position when they decide to open that possibility up at this new store in Nashville.  I've been most kinds of telephone operator, including a five year stint as a 911 Supervisor, worked for the welfare office in Oregon, did a stint with FEMA in 1982 (when they still were a decent organization) and was a docent for a redwoods forest in California.  I've enjoyed volunteering as a dog walker for a humane society and in my son's various schools over the last 15 years.  I've mostly have worked in the entertainment industry, as a rare records store buyer/clerk and managed many musical acts in my time, including owning my own indie label.  I'm proudest of having been Vice President from the startup phase to the eventual rampant success of the second largest entertainer's tour coach company in the US.
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

Element of Air

Ok, So I have nothing all that great like most of the people here but I hope to be soon.

At this time I am a Librarian for my community library as well as an Independent Mary Kay Beauty Consultant (not active at this time) and a part time model.

I am going to school for Fine Arts and trying to Major in Interior Design but I also want to be a photographer, animator, computer graphics designer, multi media, interactive media, painter, jewelry maker, fashion designer, sculptor, model, actress, singer, dancer, pilot, astronomer, archeologist, geologist, crafter, skydiver instructor, scuba diver, and entrepreneur.

(I have HUGE goals for myself and I think I am going to remain in school for the duration of my life trying to become everything I want to become. I LOVE learning.)
Royal Duchess of Air, Music and Beauty in the court of Queen Bonnie.
FOKTOP
Royal Order of Landsharks, Guppy No. 25

Camias

I work from my studio at home.  It has perks as I am lucky I don't have to answer to "the man" but there are times when I miss banter with fellow cohorts. 

It can get a little bit lonely during the day!

www.camiasdesigns.com

Zoë

I'm predominantly a student, so school comes first, but this summer, aside from being a wench at CORF, I'm also a theater technician at our local theme park, Elitch Gardens.   :)
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

mellingera

Office Manager/Admin Supervisor for a mental health clinic...
Yes, it is ironic...

Femme Falchion

I worked with children with behavioral disabilities and mental illness and was an instructor at the graduate school level for 13 yrs.

Now I'm at home, a domestic engineer/goddess taking care of my husband, dogs and 2 yr old identical twin boys.

For me, being a mother is WAY harder (now I'm the one with behavioral difficulties and mental illness)  ;)

Domina Virago
Grand Mistress of the Order of the Hatchet
Mother Confessor
Sister of the Spring Fires

Gwen aka Punstergal

I am a mother, a bartender at a little neighborhood bar, and a rope artist- in that order. I look forward to getting back out of the bar business as soon as possible, hopefully to pursue a more thought provoking job of some kind.

(yes, I know "rope artist" is vague-- I will happily link my art site to anyone who's truly interested {send me a message}, but for the most part it means I make things that involve pretty knots and I occasionally tie some of those pretty knots onto folks for the purpose of costume, garb, photography, or random silliness)
"Hell hath no fury like an enraged Gryphon Master"

Yrose

I'm basically assistant office manager for a plumbing and mechanical company. So many little hats I can't name them all.
Don't forget to smell the roses, but watch out for the thorns!

Tremayne

I'm an editorial assistant for the US Chess Federation. Nope, don't play chess--just take care of business for the 2 magazines and many tournament publications they put out.
I am but mad north-northwest; when the wind is southerly, I know a hawk from a handsaw. --Shakespeare via Hamlet.

Neophyte

I am a high school biology teacher taking a sabatacle as an operations clerk for Schwan's Food Distribution. Operations clerk translates to freezer monkey. I work in a twenty below zero freezer all night pulling orders to load delivery trucks. I may just stick with it for a while.....unless it gets boring. ;)

Neophyte
Royal Taster Of The Scotch
Peep Sniper
Castleteer
Teer