News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

For Us Plane Lovers

Started by Capt. Bacardi, May 21, 2009, 02:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Daw at Work

Quote from: Deadbishop on May 22, 2009, 06:55:57 PM
Lots of great stuff so far!  I can't believe no one has posted one of my favorites yet....the P38 Lightning!

I was going to post one, but since you did...

My uncle flew a P-38G during WWII as a fighter in the Pacific.  The plane had its trials as cavitation problems made the plane unreliable sometimes, but this was eventually addressed, I understand.
Steve "Jack Daw" McIntyre

"The honour the Sleat Carpenter obtained...is still preserved for his descendants."

Sir William Marcus

VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

You are a fighter

Sleek, sexy and maneuverable fighters are all about superiority. Fighters go into enemy airspace and take control.

Yeah I like that :)
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Synnovea

Quote from: Noble Dreg on May 23, 2009, 09:38:05 PM
I posted this on the old forum before it imploded...Trust me, crank the music and go to full screen.  Fortunately not only do the Swiss like to fly, they like to film themselves flying!  I feel like I'm "cheating" on the F4 when I say...I really love seeing the FA18 in flight!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3448650583768959103

Oooo, thanks for sharing again Dreg - I remember watching this from the old forum.  Loved it all over again!!!!!

Sorcha

I'm partial to the plane that my hunny (Rune) flew in while in the Navy.  The Lockheed P-3 Orion.  Sub hunter or Sky Pig or Flying Target.  Think Defense, not Offence. 

But now that the cold war is over they do more...  Hurricane hunter for NOAA.

Fire fighter.

Rune spent the latter part of his career stationed at Moffett Field where he saw lots of "interesting" aircraft courtesy of NASA and Ames Research who were also there.

A big part of his squadron, VP-50, were lost just after he got out.  March 21, 1991 off the coast of San Diego there was a midair that took out both Crew 2 and his Crew 11, all 27 hands and many friends lost.
http://www.vpnavy.com/vp50mem_04dec98.html

And if you really want to get your geek on...  Watch some of the old Star Trek NG episodes and when they show them beaming down a 5 foot tall, round, gray tube...  Usually a "Transporter Field Enhancer".  They're actually the storage tubes for the sonobuoys that the P3 would drop for listening.  ;)

LadyShadow

You are a helicopter!

Helicopters fulfill a lot of roles: they get in close and destroy enemy tanks, they aid in rescues, and they bring supplies and equipment in  theater --  where ground troops need them most.

May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

Noble Dreg

You are...The Barrage Balloon!

You are big, fat, and pretty much hang out in one place all day looking for trouble.  Wrinkled and sagging, your pathetic existence is solely to get in the way of others.  Friends say you are full of hot air.  You expend gas at every conceivable opportunity.  You'd like to travel but your job and family tie you down to one spot.  You wait in agonizing anticipation for an incendiary bullet to come along and bring the sweet release of...

Or maybe it said I was a fighter... ;D
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

Jack Daw at Work

You are a fighter!

Sleek, sexy and maneuverable fighters are all about superiority. Fighters go into enemy airspace and take control.

(I must not have been very honest with myself)
Steve "Jack Daw" McIntyre

"The honour the Sleat Carpenter obtained...is still preserved for his descendants."

Capt. Bacardi

Muffin wanted me to post her favorite plane.....

BLOODY HELL!!!!
..It is only a flesh wound..
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Lady Christina de Pond

Quote from: Capt. Bacardi on May 28, 2009, 08:49:07 AM

they won't let my fly that either >:(
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Synnovea

Quote from: Capt. Bacardi on May 28, 2009, 08:49:07 AM

*snort*  Gotta loves the Muffin...actually I like her favorite plane as well  ;)

Sir William Marcus

My compliments on a nice very aircraft indeed!  Here are a couple more that are worth mentioning.   I might add that I'm also extremely overdue boarding any of them.  I'm sure there are a few others out there that can feel my pain ;)

VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

Noble Dreg

I get real nervous flying small island commuter airlines...scares the poi out of me actually.

"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

Capt. Bacardi

As I thought.....the Fighter.....explains the whole Thunderbolt thing..  ;D
BLOODY HELL!!!!
..It is only a flesh wound..
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Blackbead

Sorcha:  "I'm partial to the plane that my hunny (Rune) flew in while in the Navy.  The Lockheed P-3 Orion.  Sub hunter or Sky Pig or Flying Target.  Think Defense, not Offence." 

NOT offense?  Don't forget . . .             P-3:1
                                                      Chinese F-8:0

"It's not the gold that sets our sails, 'tis freedom and the promise of a better life that raises our black flags."