News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Fired...

Started by Trillium, July 15, 2009, 02:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trillium

It finally happened...as of this morning, I am unemployed.  9 years of service to the company and they suddenly think I'm incompetent. ::) >:(  I applied for unemployment but who knows if I'll get it.  Their cheap arses have a way of getting out of it paying up.  I'm going to temp agencies tomorrow, just don't have it in me today.

If anyone knows of any administrative positions on the south-side of town, let me know!
Got faerie dust?

Hercules

For what it's worth coming from a stranger...your not incompetent, it's just this suckbutt economy. Despite any talk of recovery the job market is still shedding jobs like crazy and is always the last aspect of an economy to turn around.

Good news for you is that unemployment benefits have been expanded to 46 weeks from 26 weeks. Just make sure to go to the right website as there's been some confusion lately.

http://www.texasworkforce.org/

Good luck!!!!!
Save the Earth (it's the only one with beer)!

CatAshtrophy

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you find an even better job where they appreciate you more, and soon.

Tygrkat

Hoping someting new and perfect for you is just around the corner...and sending good thoughts your way in the meantime, Trillium  :)
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

Zaubon

Quote from: CatAshtrophy on July 15, 2009, 02:54:55 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you find an even better job where they appreciate you more, and soon.
This is the theme I keep hearing and seeing as I go through the outplacement process. Yes the economy is down and jobs are harder to find than they were a year ago; but the people that are hiring recognize the quality of the candidates that are available; and the compensation packages/work environments reflect that quality very fairly. In other words when you do find a job, it is generally better in very tangible ways from your last position.

lordwriothsley

I'm sorry to hear of your recent job loss Trillium. I hope you find something better soon and that pays more money.

Hugs, love and good thoughts are being sent your way hon.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

irish

Sorry to hear that. Sending good thoughts in your job hunting!  ;D
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Muffin

So sorry to hear this Trill!!  :'(

I was in the very same position as you not more than a year ago, I was laid off from my job of 8 years.. I wish you the very best of luck and I hope you can find a job as great as the new one I found!!!

*hugs*
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

eloquentXI

Sending warm thoughts your way, its not easy at all, both my parents have been through this while I was growing up. But, something better is waiting for you.

*hugs*
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Queen Bonnie

HUGS Trill! Waving my magick wand! You will get through this!  Do not think you are incompetent!  You are the BEST!!!  Go get a FAB job and prove them wrong!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Anna Iram

I wish I had some helpful information, but all I've got is a hug for you. Don't let them make you feel bad. Be glad you are free now to move forward into a better and happier workplace.

Zardoz

Welcome to my world  :(   Only it was 11 years at my place.  Hang in there!
"Pants are for guys with ugly legs"
Member of Clan McLotofus,
IBRSC# 1619,
As seen in Renaissance Magazine

renfairephotog

Sorry to hear this. I hope you find something soon.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Lady Kett

Hugs to you Trillium. Do not be discouraged - there are jobs out there. Queen Bonnie's magick wand will disperse the nargles for an opportunity that might have otherwise been missed. I'll keep an eye on my companies' website for anything in your area.

Lady Renee Buchanan

Happened to me, too, Trill.  8 1/2 years.  Came home from vacation to a letter of commendation in the mail and a bonus check.  The next morning I went into work at 6:30 a.m.  By 8:30 a.m. I was walked out the door, along with 3 others.

Ended up finding another job with a company that is the most wonderful in the world.  They treat the employees like a family and after 2 years, I'm still amazed at how much they value those of us who work there.

You will find something better.  Believe me, you're not alone.    (((hugs)))
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich