News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Bristol Bound

Started by Marietta Graziella, July 23, 2009, 04:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marietta Graziella

Hello Bristol friends!
MG from MN here.  My husband, VexedViscount, and I are hoping to make a trip to your lovely faire this year since he will be missing the entire run of MN  :'(  His work takes him out of the country (in this case, to Pakistan) so we're hoping to get our Ren Fun on at your faire instead.

Are there any special plans for any particular weekends (not including the 25/26)?  We're pretty flexible for the next couple of weekends so could choose whichever one sounds like the most fun.

Looking forward to seeing your beautiful faire!

MG
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Lady Renee Buchanan

Hi MG,

We don't have as cohesive a group of forum members at Bristol as you do in MN.  I usually arrange the Meet & Greets.  It sometimes turns out that if we aren't there (and we can only go on a Sunday), people don't show up for it.

Having said that, we are going this weekend, which may be too late.  The next weekend we are going is Aug 8-9 (again for us just on the Sunday).  That weekend, Tartanic is a special guest.

On a personal note, on Aug 16th, Steve and I will celebrate our 30th anniversary at Bristol.  We have some MN friends who will stay with us for the weekend & all of us go to Bristol. What he doesn't know is that several of our friends from where we live will go, too, dressed in garb, as a surprise for him.  So you are very welcome to celebrate with us, if you'd care to.

There are other special acts that are only there on the weekends of Aug 22-23 or Aug 29-30.  You can look up the entertainment on the website to see if there is anyone you'd really like to see.  Bristol doesn't have themed weekends like other faires do.

I think you go to your family outing over Labor Day weekend, if I remember correctly, but that's the last weekend, and usually is a great weekend, though bittersweet.

Post on a thread when you do decide to come.  Hoping to see you there.   ;D
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

wildthingjew

i am not sure of the weekend but i had read that there was a bunch of people coming from minnesota on the weekend that they run day of wrong at bristol, miss katie scarlett and i will be there every weekend except 1 and 2 and labor day weekend. know ya won't remember us but we would love to see ya again.
jamie, mother of miss katie scarlett

Marietta Graziella

Hello again!

We are booked to arrive in Milwaukee on Friday the 31st, staying at the Raddison in Kenosha until Monday Aug 3rd.
We'd love to meet up with fellow R/F folks at faire. 

Do you have a usual meeting spot or time of day?

Wildthing, didn't we meet at TN? 

Looking forward to seeing Bristol! 

Lady Renee Buchanan

MG, the one weekend we won't be there!  Sorry we'll miss you.  :'(

The meet & greet is on Saturday and Sunday at 3 p.m. at the Pig & Whistle Tavern.  Hopefully, somebody else will be there to kind of gather everyone together, make introductions, arrange for the pictures, etc.  Unfortunately, if I'm not there, no one else seems to step up to the plate to do it, but there's always a first time.

Have fun and post lots of pictures.   ;D
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

Marietta Graziella

Lady Renee,
I am indeed sad that we'll be missing you!  I had been telling VV how you were also a surfer and he was eager to say hello and swap a few quick tails of the sea, if you will.

We'll plan to head to the Pig and Whistle at 3:00 and hopefully someone will notice our R/F pins and point us towards the group.   It'll be fun to meet more new R/F friends.

Avidd

I'll be there this weekend and will also make the  3:00 meet up. Renee and Jamie, sorry you won't be there this weekend, I'll have to catch up with y'all on the 8th and 9th.

Lady Renee Buchanan

Quote from: Avidd on July 27, 2009, 02:45:34 PM
I'll be there this weekend and will also make the  3:00 meet up. Renee and Jamie, sorry you won't be there this weekend, I'll have to catch up with y'all on the 8th and 9th.

We will be there on Sunday, August 9th.  Changed our plans to include this date because it is the only weekend Tartanic will be there.  See you at the Meet & Greet.  I will post another thread as it gets closer.
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

Leyla

Looks like this weekend will be my first ever trip to Bristol!  Anybody have any info on ticket deals by any chance?

Dayna

Remember, especially if it's hot out, the Friends of Faire garden (past Pendragon past the Pig and Whistle and around the chainmaille shop) will gladly have you as a guest member for the weekend.  All the cold water and Gatorade you can drink, plus places to sit, shelves in the back to store your stuff, and the conversation of some of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet!  All for the measly fee of $5.  Most people make that up the first day just in the bottled water they're Not having to buy!

Added bonus, this weekend, classes on Herbs and their uses in the Renaissance AND Sword Etiquette, or Watch Where You Point That!  Following weekend, probably at least one garment embellishment class, as well as others TBD as soon as I can get people to commit to teaching them.

If you know of any Friends of Faire members, they can get you tickets for $12 each and leave them for you at Will Call...  ;)
Dayna Thomas
Bristol FoF Hench (Paypal accepted)
Education Goddess... yeah, right
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven

danielscott

Leyla,
I think there are printable coupons at the Bristol website. There is also a coupon thread in this section which links to other coupons for Bristol. Enjoy the Faire!
Where's the Beer Tent!

wildthingjew

Quote from: Leyla on July 28, 2009, 06:44:51 PM
Looks like this weekend will be my first ever trip to Bristol!  Anybody have any info on ticket deals by any chance?

unfortunately i won't be there that weekend cause i have tickets that i paid 9 for from my local radio station but here is a information from my work that you can get tickets for 12 i think.

Bristol Renaissance Faire Discount Tickets
Every Faire day recreates a time when knights were noble, maids were merry, and turkey legs, titanic. Once you enter the portal gates, you travel back in time to the year 1574. Visitors take a rollicking romp through Elizabethan England, complete with 16th Century games, rides, arts, crafts, food, music and one-of-a-kind encounters with a spectacular cast of characters. The Faire boasts a beautiful 30-acre site with open-air stages featuring Swordfighters, Minstrels and Jesters. Meet Robin Hood or Queen Elizabeth, in person. Click on Premium Partners 2009 and enter code BRX723 at http://www.renfair.com/bristol/

also there are buy 1 adult get one child free coupons if that is any help

wildthingjew

Quote from: Marietta Graziella on July 26, 2009, 12:20:33 PM
Wildthing, didn't we meet at TN? 

Looking forward to seeing Bristol! 

yes, if not minnesota before that at rendezvous, sorry that we won't be there that weekend. have a very safe trip and have fun!

Leyla

Thanks wildthingjew. $12 is the cheapest I've seen! Glad to have that code.

wildthingjew

Quote from: Leyla on July 29, 2009, 10:16:09 AM
Thanks wildthingjew. $12 is the cheapest I've seen! Glad to have that code.

YEAH AND THE CLINCHER IS NO ADDED FEES!!!!!!