News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

DANGER Mad DOG loose at CoRF

Started by Capt Gabriela Fullpepper, July 26, 2009, 12:15:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: Julianne on July 27, 2009, 03:16:21 PM
Quote from: Merlin on July 27, 2009, 02:46:55 PM
Also.... Duane is hardly a celebrity. lol...if I was management and someone called and said "Just FYI..The Dog is coming to your faire".. I would have started with "Animals aren't allowed" then finished with "OK....hope he has fun".

I certainly wouldn't close the bathroom while he used it. lol

Bathroom...that's going to have to remain supposition...cause I really doubt anyone has "proof" of that.
:)

There is 100% proof on the mens restrooms being shutdown as Toki went to go use them at that time. There were a lot of angery people who needed to use them (yes there are more but it's the idea of closing them down for 1 person who thinks he is a star)

I was pretty sure that our lord High Sheriff was tagging him as a witness in case anything was said or done. it only makes since since the Lord high Sheriff looked pretty damn bored waiting on Dawg at each and every store he went into.

OH and ditto on faire bashing.. I don't work for them, never have and mostly only will if they want photos. I'm happy being a playtron but get pretty tired of hearing the bashing. No one but the involved parties know the turth and even then there are three sides to it. If you don't like the people who run the faire... that's your business. I'm sure every employer in this word will have issues with who they work for. But lets also remember faire is for fun and some adventure. I will add every time I have talked to JP Jr and Betty both have been VERY nice to me. I cannot remember a day since I met Betty that she hasn't said something nice to me. And Jr was always very professional but all that is just my view of them to me.

Did I hear Hamster? I think mine is prego as she was sick from faire this weekend. OH Lord here comes another 3 dozen Hamsters invading the faire. I'll take the Hamster Kings Aurtograph and a chalice of mead for them?
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Hey- Arent You?

Quote from: Lady de Laney on July 27, 2009, 03:39:57 PM

There is 100% proof on the mens restrooms being shutdown as Toki went to go use them at that time. There were a lot of angery people who needed to use them (yes there are more but it's the idea of closing them down for 1 person who thinks he is a star)

consider: they may have shut it down to avoid an possible incident between Duh-wane and a random patron.  it sounds like they were trying to keep things as uneventful as possible.  if they really wanted to give him "star treatment" they would have walked him to one of the many private toilets back stage that even cast doesn't get to use.  it really sounds like they were trying to get him thru the faire and out the gate with as little ruckus as was possible. 

curious: which priv was it?  the good ones by joust or elephants, the ovens by the globe stage, or the scary privs at the top o the hill?

I was pretty sure that our lord High Sheriff was tagging him as a witness in case anything was said or done. it only makes since since the Lord high Sheriff looked pretty damn bored waiting on Dawg at each and every store he went into.

and I would say that you were dead on correct.  that is exactly who they would have tapped for that, and exactly what they would have told him to do. and for him, all of management and the SD are just a speed dial away.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke

Merlin

Quote from: Hey- Arent You? on July 27, 2009, 03:28:04 PM
Quote from: Merlin on July 27, 2009, 03:25:14 PM
Quote from: Hey- Arent You? on July 27, 2009, 03:21:47 PM
Quote from: Merlin on July 27, 2009, 03:18:25 PM
Wooohooo!  I'm a celebrity ! !

can I have your autograph?       ::)

Sure......that and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee. (not a Starbucks though...you'll need Dog's autograph and $5 for that)
lol

maybe starbucks will trade me.... for your autograph, and a HAMSTER!      ;D

I'll do one better...I'll buy you a Starbucks for a hamster ! !

(my daughter has a teddy bear)
Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

Julianne

No offense intended nor suppostion of denial of what has happened at your faire.

Sorry if you felt that way.

I will say that it is most suggested that this forum needs a Moderator.

Cynthia_Orella

Its kinda a shame that that over indulged scum bucket made anyones weekend even an iota less pleasurable.. but hey guess what, he wont be there final weekend and We can all Dance with our hamsters and enjoy our fun. :P

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: Hey- Arent You? on July 27, 2009, 04:03:05 PM

consider: they may have shut it down to avoid an possible incident between Duh-wane and a random patron.  it sounds like they were trying to keep things as uneventful as possible.  if they really wanted to give him "star treatment" they would have walked him to one of the many private toilets back stage that even cast doesn't get to use.  it really sounds like they were trying to get him thru the faire and out the gate with as little ruckus as was possible. 

curious: which priv was it?  the good ones by joust or elephants, the ovens by the globe stage, or the scary privs at the top o the hill?

and I would say that you were dead on correct.  that is exactly who they would have tapped for that, and exactly what they would have told him to do. and for him, all of management and the SD are just a speed dial away.

The Globe stage as it is the only one I ever use since there is a Handycap (not that I am one) but trying to use privies with a farthingale is only doable in a large one with LOTS of privacy. Toki uses it to as he wouldn't have to remove his sword and other items. if he doesn't have a sword he uses the regular ones.

I don;'t drink Starbucks but I have two and maybe more onthe way. And they are noble Hamsters to boot.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Zaubon

Quote from: Merlin on July 27, 2009, 04:19:04 PM
Quote from: Hey- Arent You? on July 27, 2009, 03:28:04 PM
Quote from: Merlin on July 27, 2009, 03:25:14 PM
Quote from: Hey- Arent You? on July 27, 2009, 03:21:47 PM
Quote from: Merlin on July 27, 2009, 03:18:25 PM
Wooohooo!  I'm a celebrity ! !

can I have your autograph?       ::)

Sure......that and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee. (not a Starbucks though...you'll need Dog's autograph and $5 for that)
lol

maybe starbucks will trade me.... for your autograph, and a HAMSTER!      ;D

I'll do one better...I'll buy you a Starbucks for a hamster ! !

(my daughter has a teddy bear)
Get your co-star to come, then you will get the freebie! Of course with the stories that float around about him, I'm not real sure what you'd get.   :D

Merlin

Demetrius

Mad Dog at faire... I wondered why everyone was checking their shoes...
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Adriana Rose

Meh they may be weed puller hats but they dropped ALOT of MONEY!

Hey- Arent You?

Quote from: Julianne on July 27, 2009, 04:23:00 PM
No offense intended nor suppostion of denial of what has happened at your faire.

Pretty sure that DB is our mod, in an oficial/unofficial capacity.  I believe he has "claimed" us.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke

Francisco Paula

I am pretty sure DB only reads our forums for the Never Ending Adventures of the Hamster King

Julianne

Quote from: Hey- Arent You? on July 27, 2009, 09:10:37 PM

Pretty sure that DB is our mod, in an oficial/unofficial capacity.  I believe he has "claimed" us.

There is no official or unofficial Moderator of CORF.
As such you are subject to widespread Moderator approval of your behavior and comments.
DeadBishop is the last Moderator you want to watch you as he is also the Forum Administrator.  Think about that.

DeadBishop

Quote from: Julianne on July 27, 2009, 09:25:34 PM

Pretty sure that DB is our mod, in an oficial/unofficial capacity.  I believe he has "claimed" us.

As such you are subject to widespread Moderator approval of your behavior and comments.
DeadBishop is the last Moderator you want to watch you as he is also the Forum Administrator.  Think about that.

*waves to everyone*

Yes, I like to lurk over here.  Everyone knows that if any trouble should pop up, I'm just a click away.

*motions to the "Report to Moderator" link in Vanna White fashion*

R/F.com member since 2003

Merlin

Quote from: Deadbishop on July 27, 2009, 10:05:34 PM
Quote from: Julianne on July 27, 2009, 09:25:34 PM

*waves to everyone*

Yes, I like to lurk over here.  Everyone knows that if any trouble should pop up, I'm just a click away.

*motions to the "Report to Moderator" link in Vanna White fashion*

Hello Mr. Moderator of these forums !