News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A-Kon 22- June 10-12th: Sheraton- Dallas, TX

Started by eloquentXI, June 04, 2011, 08:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eloquentXI

Come one, come all!

Next weekend, Dallas will be hosting one of the biggest anime conventions in this side country.

http://a-kon.com/

400 N. Olive Street
Dallas, TX 75201

On Site Membership Prices are:

3 Day Registration $62.00
3 Day pass/t-shirt bundle $77.00 (best value)
Friday Only $42.00
Saturday Only $42.00
Sunday Only $25.00

The site has all the information you'll need about events, guests, and more! Come and play!

So who all is going to be there?

Friday, I'll be cosplaying with a large Umbrella Corp/Resident Evil group so keep an eye out.
Saturday and Sunday, you should be able to find me at the Art Show on the third floor (no, not Artist Alley or the Dealers Room) if I'm not running errands or meandering around. I look forward to seeing those that I do!
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

cowgrrl

We'll be there Friday & Sunday.  Saturday I'm hoping we can make it back in time for the cos-play competition but a family obligation may keep us away all day Saturday. 

I have to say that I went for the 1st time last year & had a TON of fun.  Its kind of like air-conditioned faire.  Lots of cool, fun people & stuff to do.  Our daughter has already planned out what she & I are doing both days.  Lots of anime drawing & Lolita fashion.

eloquentXI

Quote from: cowgrrl on June 04, 2011, 11:31:51 PM
We'll be there Friday & Sunday.  Saturday I'm hoping we can make it back in time for the cos-play competition but a family obligation may keep us away all day Saturday. 

I have to say that I went for the 1st time last year & had a TON of fun.  Its kind of like air-conditioned faire.  Lots of cool, fun people & stuff to do.  Our daughter has already planned out what she & I are doing both days.  Lots of anime drawing & Lolita fashion.

I bet she'll be keeping you busy.  :D I'll keep an eye out for ya'll!

SirRichardBear

I'll be there working the Battletech table gaming rooms, if you get a chance stop by and say hi.  We will be running 3 games Friday, 4 Sat. and 1 on Sunday for those interested in playing.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

cowgrrl

Quote from: eloquentXI on June 05, 2011, 12:16:27 AM
Quote from: cowgrrl on June 04, 2011, 11:31:51 PM

I bet she'll be keeping you busy.  :D I'll keep an eye out for ya'll!

As always.  She also made sure we left time for shopping.   ;D

We'll try & find you  I'm sure she'll want to see the art show.

Tink

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but is the Dallas A-Kon the same thing as the Houston Apollo Con?
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. - W. Shakespeare

*Teach*

If we had known in time we would be there. The Lovely Lady Trinn wasn't able to get the weekend off.
*Sigh*

*I'll just be sitting home with my rum and dreaming of being there*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

eloquentXI

Quote from: Tink on June 05, 2011, 10:11:34 PM
Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but is the Dallas A-Kon the same thing as the Houston Apollo Con?

Houston's Apollo Con is to Science Fiction/Fantasy as Dallas' A-Kon is to anime and video games.

If that makes sense...

Two completely different conventions, ran by different people, if that's what you are asking.

eloquentXI

Quote from: *Teach* on June 05, 2011, 11:25:39 PM
If we had known in time we would be there. The Lovely Lady Trinn wasn't able to get the weekend off.
*Sigh*

*I'll just be sitting home with my rum and dreaming of being there*

Big hugs, wish you could be there! You, mister, need to rest and recover though! Kidney stones suck!

Tink

That makes perfect sense.  Thanks, Elo!  I hope yall all have a great time!  :)
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. - W. Shakespeare

Clarendon

Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.

ravic

The Foglio's from Girl Genius will be there in the Artist section.

VIII

Will Jennie Breeden from Devil's Panties be there?!?  Will she have her 'Kilt-blower' with her?!?
Oooh!  I may HAVE to go!
Former King Henry VIII
Renaissance Magazine Issue #66 Cover Boy

Al-Nimer

Quote from: VIII on June 09, 2011, 12:09:21 PM
Will Jennie Breeden from Devil's Panties be there?!?  Will she have her 'Kilt-blower' with her?!?
Oooh!  I may HAVE to go!

I think she will be there.  She was last year (pictured below), but I don't remember her having the 'kilt-blower'  ;)

Check out the full set of photos from last year's A-Kon 21 at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/al-nimer/sets/72157624403735956/
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters

Rani Zemirah

^^^LIKE!^^^  Wish I could go to this one, also...  Have an awesome time, everyone!  

Quote from: VIII on June 09, 2011, 12:09:21 PM
Will Jennie Breeden from Devil's Panties be there?!?  Will she have her 'Kilt-blower' with her?!?
Oooh!  I may HAVE to go!

In a kilt, by chance?  :o  :D
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede