News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

COUNT DOWN TO FAIRE

Started by Adriana Rose, January 11, 2009, 04:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hey- Arent You?

hamsters, mice, gerbils, rats.......
just remember, they ALL must be shaved before going into the deep fryer and onto the stick.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke

Jonas_MacPherson

Quote from: Hey- Arent You? on June 02, 2009, 12:50:12 PM
hamsters, mice, gerbils, rats.......
just remember, they ALL must be shaved before going into the deep fryer and onto the stick.

That's it. I'm not gonna eat meat on a stick again.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

You mean... You have never heard of that delecacy... Rats on a Stick?

I always think of that when I see Steak oon a stick. I always think the seller should yell that out instead.

OH So Yummy
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Jonas_MacPherson

Monkey on a stick, yes, even cat on a stick depending on where your visiting. (though they probably won't admit to it). But Rat on a Stick? New one on me.

Though it might help kick up sales.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

I do believe the phrase "Rats-on-a-stick" stems from the movie Monty Python and the Holy Grail
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Jonas_MacPherson

Hmm...it does sound like something they would do. Looks like I'll be watching the movie again sometime soon.

Gauwyn of Bracknell

In the movie "Oh, Brother, Where Art Thou" they had the fine delicacy of gopher on a stick.  "no thanks, Delmar.  A third of a gopher would only whet my appetite and not bed it down for a night".
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Jonas_MacPherson

So, this year, steak on a stick will thus be known as....impaled critter. Or mystery meat on a stick if you will.

Blushing

Just don't let Capt. Dungeon Spleen talk about steak on a stake ... really, truly ...
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Jonas_MacPherson

I must admit, hearing the old captain's take on steak on a stick just might be interesting.

*glances about*

Ok, maybe not.

Zoë

Remember who we're talking about, now. 
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

CapnJack

Woohoo!  Looking forward to coming back to faire for opening weekend as a patron for once!  Okay, I didn't really read any of the rest of this thread, but I just wanted to share my excitement.
"I've been through some terrible things in my life.  Some of which have actually happened."

-Mark Twain

Capt Spleen

Did zumwhun menshun a zertain "creature  wound on'r stake"?

Actually I canna tayks credit fer zuch th' sayin'........ credit be goin' ter Demetrius. I stoled it frum 'im, .... pirate dat I beez bein'!

Zo whut be dis misery meat?

HAr Har, even dem dat knowz can't evun writz it out lezz alone say th' nasty frayze!

Mischief Snicklebritches

Quote from: Blushing on June 04, 2009, 06:19:10 PM
Just don't let Capt. Dungeon Spleen talk about steak on a stake ... really, truly ...

Because of that....I refuse to eat steak on a stake. And it completely bums me out. I used to love it. In fact, I actually dont eat much red meat because of that comment last year. *shudder* bleh.
lol  :)
How do I know I haven't missed it?!...what if it WAS the chicken!

Jonas_MacPherson

Quote from: Capt Spleen on June 05, 2009, 12:40:17 AM
Did zumwhun menshun a zertain "creature  wound on'r stake"?

Actually I canna tayks credit fer zuch th' sayin'........ credit be goin' ter Demetrius. I stoled it frum 'im, .... pirate dat I beez bein'!

Zo whut be dis misery meat?

HAr Har, even dem dat knowz can't evun writz it out lezz alone say th' nasty frayze!

misery meat? dat be the feeling ye get after eating it. Course, nae so in the fair...nae...top stuff there.