News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

If aliens actually contact Earth, who speaks for humanity?

Started by Valiss, April 21, 2010, 10:58:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valiss

Let's say the Aliens come to Earth and uses our TV system to broadcast a message that they would like to initiate contact with humans and would like to speak to Earth's representative. Well this aint Star Trek and we dont have a single government for Earth yet, so who should do it? Some president? Religious leader? A famous atronomer? Maybe some scientist NASA?

Now I know who should do it and who will actually do it are probably different answers, so give us both if you want.

Just Randall

Stan Marsh, Kyle Broflovski, Kenny McCormick and Eric Cartman. ;D
Mediocrity is the refuge of the unimaginative...

LadyElizabeth

Well I think it should be delegation of folks.  Some scientists who would know the in depth questions about where they come from and such.  And then a few people from the UN.  And then some really famous world news anchors who are really good at asking hard hitting questions and getting to the heart of things... 

Who's actually do it?  who knows... I guess it depends on where their ships were, it's probably some kind of group UN decision either way though, a few presidents of the leadings nations probably.
Queen Elizabeth the 1st
Champagne the Bubbly
Bubbles the Fairy
Frost the Arctic Barbarian
Red the pirate

KeeperoftheBar

It should be someone with age, experience, common sense and no axe to grind.  Since Walter Cronkite passed away, I would suggest Andy Rooney.  But please, whoever it is, don't let it be a politician, else we might all end up being slaves working in an alien mine somewhere.
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

Captain Jack Wolfe

No one in any position of power, authority, or celebrity whatsoever.  They've gotten us into enough trouble as it stands.

It should be ordinary people.  Plain, simple, wonderfully ordinary people.
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Ferret

Jeff Foxworthy. Since the aliens are always abducting the dumbest redneck they can find, Jeff might speak their language.
Ferret

Demetrius

Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Noble Dreg

Quote from: KeeperoftheBar on April 21, 2010, 12:30:17 PM
It should be someone with age, experience, common sense and no axe to grind.  Since Walter Cronkite passed away, I would suggest Andy Rooney.  But please, whoever it is, don't let it be a politician, else we might all end up being slaves working in an alien mine somewhere.

Not Andy Rooney!  His eye-brows alone would scare the bajeezus out of the Vogons!  Then he'd open his mouth..."Ever wonder why it's so hard to open a bottle of Aspirin?  They got this little seal with a cotton ball under it..."  E.T. would pack up in a hurry to get away from the sheer boredom!
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

Lady Christina de Pond

send my neighbor dude was supersmart(he just has no common sense) but send someone else with him that has street smarts that way if they eat one they won't
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Morgan Dreadlocke

Aliens would get much more consistant, truthful, answers interviewing the Magic 8 Ball. (or meybe Ded Bob ::) )
My intentions are to commandeer a venue, sail to Tortuga, then pick, strum and otherwise play me weasily black guts out.

BubbleWright

I think a delegation of 4 to 5 year old children would do the job... they are still open to wonderment.
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

Barret

Well they should talk to me of course!

I feel like they would meet with someone from the UN in all reality, probably an elected delegation. But then again, maybe they already meet with humans and just do it on their own terms, and like some one pointed out, they seem to have taken a liking to the more backwards types.

Ian Maxwell

I would say, Dennis Prager, If you don't know who he is, go listen to a show or two. Very intelligent man.

Ian

Lord Clisto of York

I believe the perfect person would have to be in all seriousness - Stephen Hawking. It's in some way part of his lifes work before he dies knowing the meaning of everything.
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

BryanPopp

Whom ever is going to disect them for the government. ;)