News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A Gypsy Tale

Started by SarviaRose, June 04, 2008, 09:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NORSEMAN

We'd gone no further than a few buildings when everyone started in toward the village center there was lots of shouting and people there so of course thats the first place we went.

Lots of talks were being made but we heard little of it and found several revelers passing a large jug around of wine which we decided too share in, finally after much talk among us and joking the crowds had cleared somewhat and we found ourselves near too the speeches being given.

It finally became clear too me that there was a war going on somewhere or the other and they were trying too get men from the area too form pikemen companies, ha pikeman companies I thought they arm you with a twelve foot long sitck sometimes shod with a metal head but more than often the useless leaders simply sharpen the ends of long this poles and call them spikes and I had no interest in taking part in this until I heard the name Lord Harrington!.

The alcohol had blurred my reason or they said lord Harrington!, I tried listening further but my rowdy friends swept us up with them and the crowd pushed along toward the village church where they were giving a meal for the hopeless warriors who enlisted.

As we followed along we finally figured out that this was an action by lord Harrington against the Duke of Trees or Trois or some sort of thing, but I had little care as too what the cause was I suddenly became more interested in where this Lord Harrington was and it seemed that he was camped in a village two counties over and training his troops and preparing for this upcoming war and during times of war I often make lots of money.

I grabbed Jasper by the collar and told him lets join one of these companies not pikemen but cavalry!, poor Jasper you could tell by the look on his face that he already thought he should never have left the camp.

I had no intentions of actually joining in this fight but they were giving a gold coin each for joining and of course there was a banquet also, we joined up and got our money now we can let them take care of us while we travel unknown among this group of future cavaliers, I assured Jasper we'd desert long before we met up with Harringtons camp but for now all was one big party and the soldiers in camp had gold coins each and I had a pair of dice that I paid a man too load with lead and they never failed me so lets make some money Jasper!.

SarviaRose

I watched as Fenella came into camp and headed right towards me.

"I see you have already started training, this is good. The stranger taught you sword play and I will teach you the other things that have awoken in you.  I think I have found the key to the object that was found. Cait we need to get started soon."

"Yes Fenella, however I would like to continue training the men also. I can tell that a fight is coming and we all need to be prepared"

"You are right. We train when we need to which means sometimes it will be morning sometimes night and anytime  in between. There are some things that I can only teach you when the conditions are right."

And with that the long days began for me. I usually got to train with the men in the morning, they where getting better each day but so was I. My brother Johnny took to the training with great like a duck to water. He was very close to being able to beat me in a fight but somehow I was able to stay in front of him he also seemed to age quickly it was hard to believe he was only 16. I was also finding it hard to believe I was only 18.

The training with Fenella was all new to me at least with the sword I had seen people use before, but magic was all new. Fenella was a great teacher before long I could things I never imaged where possible. I could control water and the wind this scared me though it seemed like such a great power that if something happened I could destroy a village on accident. Fenella tired very hard to ease the fears I had about losing control of the magic that was coming out of me.
Morale Ofc of the Bayou Scoundrel, ETTE, IFRP

NORSEMAN

We spent most of the evening in camp making wagers with the local farm boys willing too be parted with they're gold coins, I of course let them win a few hands so that the pot would get big enough too take and that mixed with the wine the local military commander generously supplied them with they proved too be easy marks, poor Jasper he was a bit tipsy and ready too go too bed in our company sleeping area by four a.m. he'd have had a stroke if he knew instead of heading back too our barracks we simply walked big as day past the untrained guards telling them what good job they were doing and tomorrow I would tell their commander they should be promoted!.

Once away from the camp I begin to sober some the cool Northern breeze became brisk and I was glad too soon be nearing the village, poor jasper he thought we were going too bed now!, but I only came back too gather my things and get the horses as I wasn't about too stay at the inn the military always checks the inns for deserters!.

I first went too the blacksmiths who was closed of course it being very early in the morning, I tried the front door but it was chained locked from outside so I climbed the fence and tried the side door it was barred from within but a knife blade slid through the narrow opening between the double doors and I managed too lift off the cross bar easily enough.

Getting ready to take my horses which were good animals especially my own horse but the others were simply run of the mill, so I made my way down the stalls checking in the light of a candle and finally located four excellent horses, Jasper seemed confused when I took the best saddles and leather from the racks and used them on my new horses, I told him it was an old custom that the first too the barn always gets the best saddles and in his half drunken state he smiled and yelled yeah!.

We took the animals out of the barn and made for the inn which I knew would be tightly bolted at this time of morning and its still long before daybreak so we tied them up beside the building and made our way around back staying quiet and in the shadows, soon enough the back door opened and an old woman came out and headed for the outhouse so we went inside.

Once in my room it was no hard thing too gather my goods and I loaded Jasper down with them too take outside I had in mind raiding the kitchen where the old lady had been working, there I found fried pork, bread, weak ale and best yet a box containing the coins from the previous days reciepts.

Taking all this I got outside still before the old woman left the outhouse and found Jasper had managed too load the aniamls well enough so I handed him half the things and we disapppeared into the dim bluish light of the breaking morning, we ate breafast in the saddle and finally stopped at what I estimate to have been near twenty miles from that village but within the same county as Lord Harrington lived and soon we'd be in the village near his estate.

SarviaRose

I wasn't getting any more comfortable with learning magic and I found myself feeling lost and worried that I would lose control and burn the camp down. Fenella just laughed and me and told me I need to trust myself more like I did when I trained the men to fight.

After trying to explain that I understood how to use a sword it was an object but magic was part of me and it was harder to understand, this brought on a lot of laughing from my family. Molly was tickled that something was that came naturally to her and most of the others. After a week of hard training with both I decided I need to take a day off, the men where delighted but Fenella was disappointed she didn't want to lose a day. However my mom and dad prevailed saying I needed a break and it would be better to have a clear head. I gave my parents a hug good night and headed to the tent I know shared with Molly and Chad. The couple was already curled up together Chad was snoring; Molly gave a little wave as I crawled into my makeshift bed.

In the morning I stayed curled up in my bed until Chad and Molly left the tent, after some time alone I got up. I dressed in full gyspy clothing and let my hair flow freely it felt weird after wearing men's clothing or the skirts I had altered to make it easier to fight in. My mom smiled at me when I came out of the tent.

"You look wonderful Cait, did you sleep well?"

"Yes I did it was very nice not to be up before the sun."

"Molly wants to have a sisters day just you two. I have made you a lunch."

I smiled and took the basket and went to find Molly. Molly came running to me when she saw me with the basket; she had a big smile on her face.

"So we do get the day just for us?"

"Yes Mol."

"Come lets go, there is a clearing near by the sun is shining and there is a pond near it if you want to go swimming."

I started laughing and we headed out. The area Molly had picked was beautiful we talked on our way to the area. She talked about the time I had missed out on and than suddenly she stopped.

"Cait; do you want to see what magic I can do?"

I looked up at her and only nodded my head. She walked to the pond and told me to watch. I watched in amazement at drops of water started to come up to her hands and with a graceful movement of her hand sent the water to one of the drinking cups we had brought with.

"How can you do that?"

"Cait; you are silly you can do it also I am sure you can. I can move small amounts of water but I've seen you with Fenella and I know you could move the whole pond all the way to camp if you wanted to."

"You grew up learning how to do this I'm just learning."

Molly came to me and gave me a hug. "I know you can do it. Lets practice for about a bit and than I want you to teach me something."

I looked at her a little angery that she was using this time to train me and I guess train her also. Molly looked at me and smiled she wasn't going to wait for answer and dragged me to the pond.

"Now relax and breathe. Now try and pull the water to you, reach deep inside and pull."

I let out a sigh Fenella had tried this technique on me for other things but I concentrated on the water. The first time nothing happened, Molly just smiled and put her hand on mine and said try again. This time a small amount came to me, she just laughed and said again. She was right before long I was able to pull a large amount of water out of the pond and than place it back with out even a ripple.

I turned and smiled at her. "See sister you just need to believe in yourself, now I would like you to teach me to defend myself not fight outright as you have learned."

"Yes I will teach you but it will be both"

We spent the day practicing defensive moves Robert taught me and after awhile Molly asked me to show her what Fenella had taught me. To my surprise everything was easier, I could see Molly smiling.

"See you just need to believe, we better go back the sun is starting to go down and I need some cream for the welts you gave me."

I let out a laugh and we headed back to camp. We both enjoyed the day,

NORSEMAN

We rested in a deep forest for most of the evening and around three I decided we should go on, there was no one looking for us so we travelled the main roads but then came upon a sight which would sicken anyone.

We came across an old man and his granddaughter, a girl not more than fourteen and looked too have been very pretty once, she had golden yellow hair a shapely frame and a pretty blue eye, but the other was completely taken out or plucked out!, according too the old man by Lord Harrington himself!.

Seems he wanted too deflower the girl who was also a gypsy and she scratched his face and hit his eye so he had several men hold her down while the heroic Lord Harrington plucked her eye from its socket with a pair of blacksmith tongs, then he used them on her in ways that were unnatural to man!.

The poor child had lost speech and was scarred of all men with good reason but that night by the fire I promised her least someone kill him before I get too him that I would avenge her and would take his own eye for the one he took from her, then I would kill him slowly and painfully, somehow she seemed too know that I truly meant this and she smiled and took my hand poor child I wished too help her.

I asked her grandfather about the villages ahead and how far too Harringtons estate, he claimed we were not now forty miles from his home and that two villages lay between us and the village before his own.

Before we left I gave her grandfather half the coins I'd taken from the soldiers at Lord Harringtons recruitment camp, he seemed happy to know that I'd taken them from Harrington, but I warned him hide them securely and carry an extra purse for his other coin then we bade them goodevening and disappeared into the growing darkness.

The roads even in the dark were lined here and there with homeless souls wandering away from this evil man most hungry some starving, I told Jasper let us ride off this road these poor wretches only intense my anger against this tyrant and soon enough we'll make camp or find and Inn.

SarviaRose

I went to bed that night happy at the progress I had made. I had taught Molly the basics and she was happy with that. Fenella woke me up that morning it must have been very early the sun had not started to rise yet. She looked worried or excited I couldn't tell.

"Cait, please come you need to try and open the object that Jasper and the stranger found."

I interrupted her "Robert, his name is Robert."

"Yes yes come now."

We headed to her wagon, and I could see Jenny was still sleeping as we entered. Fenella had me sit on a stool and handed me the object and than another.

"This is the key I am sure of it"

The object looked foreign to me more than anything. It was along the lines of the sword and dagger it seemed to come from a different time and place. I took the object and rotated it until I found what looked like what might be the key hole. I than took the key and with a shaky hand inserted the key. I heard Fenella gasp as the key slide in, I slowly turned the key and heard a very faint click. Fenella looked at me excited and the object opened creating what looked like a flower. What looked like sparks came flying out and enveloped me. At this point Jenny woke up and let out a scream, it must look like I'm on fire to her. Fenella told her to be quiet. When all of the sparks came out they swirled around me. Than the strangest thing I had ever felt in my life happened. As the sparks started to settle on my they started to sink into my body.

"Fenella what just happened?" I asked her, the object had be come dull in my hands.

"You have become Sharrafi Kralyissa. All the memories and powers of the past Sharrafi Kralyissa are now in you."

"What?"

Fenella came and took my hand. "Cait; you need to calm yourself. You will remember and it will happen in a rush. I with your sister's help have taught you all I can."

I looked up her with even more shock, how could I have learned everything she needed to teach me. "That is impossible."

"No it's not Cait, your sister taught you to belive in yourself which was what was needed to be able to use the key to unlock your past lives. Those lives are now in you and you will remember everything they learned. For now why don't  you go away for a few days or week to adjust to this. We will head to the winter camp, you come join us when you feel ready."

"I don't want to leave. My parents, Molly, Johnny, Jenny, Chad, everyone how can I leave just about everyone I care about is here."

"Cait you will feel better once you adjust. Your family will be here when you come back."

I gave Fenella a hug and headed back to my family's wagon. I didn't know how my parents would take the news that I was going go away for awhile. To my surprise they where waiting for me, my mom had already had a bag packed with clothes and good. My dad had found the best house in camp and had my weapons ready. Also waiting where Molly and Johnny, my family was all waiting to wait to see me off.

"How did you know?"

"We could feel it. We are your family we know. We will be waiting for you." 

NORSEMAN

Jasper and I had stopped  to rest for the night and thinking ourselves safe by being far from the crowded roads I slept deeply and longer than I'd wanted that next morning but Jasper awoke and was making bacon over the fire and the smell must have reached  the road for before I could even awke completely we were surrounded by a ten man squad of Harringtons soldiers out looking for new recruits and horses.

The leader of them had walked into camp demanding our surrender and horses for the war!, Jasper wasted no time in jumping up and running his sword through the brute but this brought upon us the wrath of the others as one pocked at me with a halabred but luckily he hadn't the knowledge too use it well and I managed too grab the wooden shaft and slammed it as hard as I could backwards into his face and he fell backwards.

Jasper swung wildly as the other men charged us he caught one in the throat and killed him upon the spot but another shot him in the back with a cross bow, by this time I'd managed too stand and still holding the long halabred I showed them actually what it was capabile of doing by bringing down upon the head of the beast who shot Jasper.

Two more ran at me but with a mighty swing I sliced through ones guts and managed to catch the others arm with the protruding hook on the back of the head of it tearing his right arm off, when suddenly I felt a burning sharp pain tear through my side and as I turned too see one of the sodliers had ran me through with a spear, unluckily for me it went completely through my side but worse for him it held his weapon there long enough for me too bring the massive halabred down upon his helmet and cleave his head in two!.

Jasper was engaged with the others fiercely battling with swords blocking they're attacks and giving good report of himself as I retrieve one of the fallen mens cross bows and fire into the heart of another as Jasper himself slew one with a massive stroke.

The last of the fiends caught Jasper open  and sliced into his shoulder with his sword, Jasper yelled out and fell too his knees as the brute raised his sword for one last strike upon the defenseless man.

I drew my own sword and rearing back with it threw it with all my might across the camp where he stood the swords point entering this monster just below the left arm pit and going completely through his body, he dropped his own sword and coughed once blood ran from his mouth and he fell forward dead.

I staggered toward Jasper he still lived and I was afraid he had mortal wounds but he had on chainmail under his tunic and the sword strike only dislocated his shoulder but the blood flowed from his wound in the back, about then I remembered my own wound still numb from the impact and I examined it too find as the spear went back out it pulled part of my own tunic deep into it and at the greatest pain I only managed too pull it back out.

About now the first man I'd knocked out was waking up and I looked around then picked up the same spear I'd been hit with and buried it deep into his chest.

I heard a thud a turned too see Jasper fell forward so I took the time too remove the arrow from his back and put bandages and covered it with a stout piece of leather and tied it around him too stop the blood flow, I attempted to bandage myself but didn't do a very good job and soon felt dizzy from the blood loss and lay down too sleep not knowing if I'd wake up.

Later in the day I did reawaken and checked for poor Jasper who still lay there, I saddled two horses and managed too push him upon one but by now my wounds dripped blood, I mounted the horse and then must have pass out for I knew we rode for a long time I didn't know where or even care.

The next thing I knew there was a woman singing and I lay upon my back, but I didn't stay awake long but I thought it was young Cait I saw!.

SarviaRose

I rode off in which ever direction the horse wanted to go. We rode hard all that day only resting for a short period of time to eat some lunch and drink some water. I felt like I was heading in the right direction but for what I didn't know yet. When it became to dark for me to see more than a few feet in front of me I started to look for a safe place to camp. I avoided the main roads I knew I would be an odd sight to any who saw me there weren't very many female fighters and few of those could use magic.

I built a small fire and brushed the horse down before settling in for the night. I practiced a little magic still not sure how I was supposed to know how to do anything with it. I enjoyed being able to make the fire form pictures and making the wind blow between specific trees.  It wasn't long before sleep finally over took me.

I found myself walking in a forest women kept coming up to me and greeted me like I was an old friend. They would walk with me for awhile and than when each person turn to go they touch my forehead and with each person a flood of memories would come back but not my memories.

The horse let out a low whiny and I woke up, it was the strangest dream but I realized I had been visited by the former Sharrafi Kralyissas each looked similar and each different. I know understood that Fenella had said but I also felt that there where more. The dream only had five women in it and I felt that there where more waiting for there turn to visit me and give me their knowledge.

All of the sudden it felt like something was cutting into my neck and than I had a sharp pain in my shoulder. The forest became darker and I could see Jasper calling for me, he was the one who was hurt. Jasper than looked over to Robert who was also injured, again he was calling for me to come and help him and Robert. And as soon as the pain started it stopped, I already knew what I needed to do and where to go.

"Come now horse we need to hurry. I hope I can do this." I patted the horse and quickly packed up my things.

Within 10 minutes I was on the road. I followed the images Jasper was sending me which where getting farther apart, he had some how gotten on his horse and they where riding somewhere. I concentrated hard the images I was seeing and found that some how I knew I was close.

It was getting near midday when I finally caught up to them. Robert and Jasper where both passed out but somehow they had still managed to stay on their horses. I wished that they would stay on them as I told the horses to follow me. I found a small clearing deep in the woods and there I laid out blanket and bandages.

I was not sure if now was a time to be playing with magic I didn't fully understand but I also knew without it there was no way I was going to be able to care for them. Carefully I pulled each from their horses and using the wind placed each on a blanket. I than started to bandage Jasper, his wounds where awful, I thought until I saw where something had torn Roberts's side that was truly awful. I knew I needed to get some herbs to make a paste but I worried about leaving them unattended. But I knew the sooner I could get the herbs and make the paste the sooner they would heal. After debating for awhile I took off to find the herbs, after about 30 minutes I made it back to camp.

I sang well mixing the herbs into the paste, at one point I thought I saw Robert wake up but when I went to check on him he was still out. I tore one of my skirts into bandages and being to change the bandages on Robert added the paste this time. After Robert was bandaged and had paste added to any scratches I could find I turned to Jasper. Looking down at him I felt like crying I was so mad at him for all most leaving me forever I hit him in the shoulder this woke him up, he stared at me and in a whisper said.

"Cait?"

"Yes Jasper it's me." I started to remove his bandages so I could apply paste to his wounds. "You need to rest let me bandage you and than you can go back to sleep."

I felt his hands clasp around mine, I looked at him and he was smiling.

"I knew you would find us."

NORSEMAN

I suddenly awoke with a jolt, I felt for my wounds but they were gone!, I looked toward my clothes and they appeared as new!, suddenly I realized I hurt no more! and I looked around there standing before me was a beautiful maiden tall and fair she reached toward me and took my hand I was afraid at first but then I suddenly felt no fear.

She bade me walk with her and she was so beautiful and things were so pleasant that I arose and took her by the arm, she kissed me and said everything is alright now and we walked in the peacefull countryside watching the stags run and elk watering nearby all was peacefull and I loved it there when suddenly an old woman appeared before us as a witch I thought!.

She pointed her grizzled finger toward the maiden and muttered "No you shall not take him!", suddenly the maiden so fair so alluring became as a hideous beast with a scaly body and the head of many vipers and I quickly pushed back from her!, the old woman yelled "Run this place is not what it seems!".

Then with another jolt I awoke, anew in pain!, but yet different it was not as bad as it was and I sat up too see Cait there, I told her I had a horrid dream that a beauty had come and taken me away, we walked through the forest and all was well I had no wounds and she loved me!.

Then an old woman appeared before us and cursed the maid and she took the form of a hideous beast!, then the old woman told me too run and she used her magic against the beast!.

She told me her name was Fenella or something like that and suddenly I was awake!.

SarviaRose

I smiled at Robert.

"I figured Fenella would be watching over us. You have meet her before she was in the camp."

Robert just stared at me. I was worried I didn't know what the young women was suppose to be and Jasper was still sleeping and I didn't want to wake him. Fenella had been able to contact Robert and I wondered if I would be able to do the same but to reach her. My body was aching I hadn't slept or relaxed, I was to worried something would happen and Robert and Jasper would not be able fight.

"Robert what do you think Fenella wanted?"

He shock his head and started to retell his dream as best as he could. Staring at him I wondered if we should find a different place to stay well he and Jasper healed.

"Cait, what's on your mind?"

"Trying t figure out how to contact Fenella, I could use her guidance right now. And trying to figure out if you would be up to taking watch for awhile. I'm so tired."

Robert let out a laugh and I heard a moan come from Jasper. Jasper sat up and I handed him some water.

"Drink Jasper, How are you feeling?"

"I'm sore, but I am glad you are here."

Robert let out another laugh this time at Jasper. "Cait you take a nap and relax. I think we will be okay."

Jasper patted on blanket next to him, I laid down next to him and carefully rested my head on his good shoulder. Sleep came quickly to me and as I expect I was visited again but by Fenella this time.

"Cait, you need to be careful Robert was almost taken today and so was Jasper. You will need them both, when you wake you need to let them know you have to move from this place."

Her visit was short and when she left I feel into a deep sleep, knowing that Robert would be able to handle everything well I slept.

NORSEMAN

I felt much better that Cait was with us but I knew we all need to be moving as soon as possible fore when the bodies of the dead soldiers were found there will be hell to pay for who ever they blame it upon, I had no idea of how far we'd travelled but I knew it wasn't far enough.

As for right now travel was impossible anyway, Jasper would start bleeding again and I wasn't much better off.

Besides I'd lost my sword, shield, axe, spear everything except my arming dagger and hunting knife both strapped too my belt, I set there for a while until I knew Cait was asleep then somehow I managed too drag myself up off the blankets, once standing the dizziness came upon me completely and I had too stand still for several seconds until it passed.

Once regaining my footing I looked around all that we had managed too salvage was two horses but miraculously enough they were fully fitted with leather saddle and accoutrements, my spirits rose even more when I saw my battle axe hanging from the loop upon the saddle so at least I had something but I needed more.

I picked up a bottle of wine Cait had and guzzled down some which may or may not have helped me especially upon my empty stomach but I had work too do and I must do it!.

I wandered into the woods and soon found a large stout dead and dried sapling which I cut down with the axe, I looked for what seemed forever before I could find another but at long last I found one for Jasper as well, I don't think he had any weapons left!.

I stuck the axe into my belt to carry and used the two long saplings as braces and made my way around wherever we were, it was not a bad spot the road wasn't in sight and we were situated well hidden but with a good view of the surrounding countryside, Cait had choosen well!.

My strength was beging to drain and I made my way back toward the camp, once there I placed the two ends of the saplings into the fire often pulling them out and scraping away the burned part until they became very pointed and sharp, this wasn't much but it will have too do as for now I laid back down and waited knowing we needed too be moving!.

NORSEMAN

Once I was asleep Fenella come too me once again, she told me that she wouldn't be able to advise me again until sometime later, but you must'nt Cait against the evil one yet.

She is learning and becoming stronger but her power is not focused yet you must lead them far too the East to a place called the Mountain of Fire, there she can advance and you will be healed by the hermit but for now you are possessed by the hydra, the thing that took the shape of the girl in your dream.

As long as she possesses an entrance through you all of you are in danger, tell Cait I will instruct her further but too you I cannot contact until her grasp is loosened upon you, travel as a humble man and avoid the cities!.

Fenella disappeared as I suddenly awoke, why I thought must this wioman contact me?, I'm no sorcerer!, but I still felt her presence to be comforting.

After a dream such as this I found it impossible too sleep and somehow Fennella had made the pain leave my wounds so in the bluish light of the morning I started out too hunt and as the morning fog hung low upon the lake nearby I spotted a herd of wild hogs, almost all ran upon my entrance but one young boar challenged me, the homemade spear did its work and I soon was on my way back with fresh meat and we'll be needing it if Cait believes that it truly was Fenella that came too me at this point I'm not certain!.

NORSEMAN

Since Fenella had warned my that I was a door for the Hydra to peer through it troubled me greatly I layed there for a long time thinking of what too do and it finally dawned upon that I was  a danger too Cait and Jasper and I should leave and make my own way toward this Mountain of fire and try too locate the hermit, what I'll ask when I find him I do not know.

I took my horse some meat and my meager belongings and rode out while Cait and Jasper still slept, if all goes well I'd be far enough away from them that my possession by the evil one would not endanger them.

I rode for what seemed like an hour and finally came to the road leading from Harringtons estate and out of the county, it vexed me at such being so close to destroying this vile monster and yet I knew from Fenella my hope was too find this Hermit and get him too release the witches hold upon me for she could see my every move if she so desired.

I thought long and hard on how she'd gained this power over me and finally I realized it was the girl "Megan" she had slipped me some sort of evil concoction and yet even though I killed her I wasn't released from her mistress powers, I didn't even know if the hydra was allied with Harrington.

I rode on and on for miles covering at least 50 miles between me and the others, I came too a farm and there spoke too the yeoman farmer as too where exactly this mountain was, he replied he knew no such evil thing!.

At this some strange mood overcome me and even though I were fully awake I couldn't stop myself it was the witches hold over me and I grabbed a large maul lying upon the ground and stove in the poor mans head! and muttered "Evil thing!, I'll show you some evil things!".

This scared me greatly and I rode very fast too get away from that place to try and outrun this evil as if I possibly could, soon I saw a monestary ahead and got the idea too poision the well there!, I couldn't stop myself but once I stepped upon the ground it must have been consecrated for the hold she had upon me was broken.

I passed out from exhaustion and again awoke inside somewhere I didn't recognize, then suddenly the large door burst open and inside came a monk, he told me not too fear but there was deffinately an evil about me.

Something he'd never seen before but that this was a holy place and I would be safe as long as I remained inside the walls of the Monestary.

I told him all that happened thinking what a holy man would say of such but he didn't laugh ,no on the contrary he was very serious and listened intently, I didn't know maybe he just thought me insane!.

NORSEMAN

I slept through the night and the next morning I awoke early, the Monk brought me bread and ale, he also brought a small cask of water, holy water he said!.

He said this will shield you from the evil!, but you must leave here!.

He said as a monk I cannot help you but as a man I can tell you that what you seek does lie too the East, three days hard ride too the East and upon the third day when dark comes upon you you must continue until the morning star rises then you shall dismount and wait for the dawn and the Mountain of Fire will be there.

He went on to say he was trained in youth as a druid and he knows the power of the mountain but now I must leave for he cannot keep me there, I ate quickly as I listened too the monk and he walked me toward the side door of the monestary where my horse was saddled and waiting, he gave me a blanket and strapped the water down upon the saddle and warned me "drink nothing but this till you set foot upon the mountain, now go!".

I rode hard with a good nights sleep covering much ground and the day drew on and soon gave way too the night, nothing bad happened and I was ready for another day, it passed and the third day was finally come and I was so sore and tired of riding but yet I pushed on and at long last the sun begin too set upon the third day but as he told me I rode onward until the rising of the morning star.

I slid down off my saddle, completely certain that some joke had been pulled upon me, there were no mountains here!, the ground was flat, especially flat but I was so tired I cared not and I went too sleep upon the blanket the monk had given me not even loosing my horse from its saddle.

I was sleeping very soundly when the horse nudged me awake and I sat up noticing the the sky begining too brighten and thinking myself a fool when as the morning light began to glow a large purple colored mountain loomed directly before me!, the sun rose up behind it and it appeared too burn!, it truly was the mountain of fire!.

Renewed from a little sleep I remounted and rode on too the foothills and upward onto the rocky outcroppings I had no idea of where too look for this hermit but at long last I was there!.

SarviaRose

"Cait wake up! Robert is gone." Jasper tugged on Cait's sleeve "Cait wake up."

"No Jasper let me sleep." Cait replied.

Jasper wasn't sure what to do; he crawled over to one of the water containers and poured it on her.

"What the... Jasper!" Cait sat up and hit Jasper.

"Robert is gone."

"I know Fenella told me." Cait looked up at Jasper angry that he poured water on her.

"Oh, well what are we suppose to do." Jasper looked like he was in pain.

"We head toward the Mountain of Fire, Jasper and Robert will meet us there. He has is own demon to take care of right now. Now let me look at your wounds we need to leave here soon. They will find the soldiers and we are to close to Lord Harrington's manor for my taste, I am not ready to face him yet."

Jasper state down next to Caitlyn and gave her a kiss. Caitlyn smiled up at Jasper and started to look over this wounds they still looked bad but they had improved greatly. Caitlyn than kissed Jasper, and started to gather up there things.

"Robert left us some food, Jasper please eat well I pack up."

It didn't take Caitlyn very long to pack up everything, Robert had taken this things and Jasper didn't have anything. Caitlyn was happy that the extra horse was a good war horse and helped Jasper into the saddle, he didn't look very happy that he was not helped. Caitlyn than hopped on to her horse and the couple headed in the direction that Caitlyn chose from the information Fenella gave her.

"Cait, I don't like the sounds of this Mountain of Fire."

"I don't either but I will the training I need I now how to do all these things but at the same time I don't. I have the memories of being able to summon a thunder storm and the theory of how to do it but I don't want to try with out training. I also think you will be able to get training also in both fighting and the powers you have."

Jasper smiled at Caitlyn and leaned over his horse and gave her another kiss. The couple road until the moon was high above them in the sky and both where falling asleep in their saddles.

"Cait we need to stop of the night you need sleep and the horse need a rest."

Caitlyn only nodded, she paused in the road and concentrated after a moment she pointed to the left of where they currently where.

"We will be safe there for a few hours, but I don't think we should light a fire they have started to look for who killed the soldiers."

"Cait, you amaze me, you are beautiful and strong. You truly are Sharrafi Kralyissa." Jasper told her as he followed her to their camping area for the night.

He was off his horse first and felt very sore from the wounds and the hard ride. He headed over to Caitlyn's horse and waited for her to dismount. Once she had reached the ground he wrapped his arms around her and kissed her again. He felt Caitlyn's arms warp around him and return his kiss.

"Wow, Jasper what was that for?"

Jasper didn't respond but gave her another kiss and reached around Caitlyn and pulled out the blankets that where tied to her horse.

"I love you Cait and I am the luckiest man in the world. I will do whatever I can do to keep you safe."

"Jasper I love you also and I will keep you safe also. Lets get some sleep we have many more days of ridding ahead of us and you are to injured for me to be able to do what I want to you right now."

Jasper looked up at Caitlyn a little surprised at her words but he smiled and kissed her again.

"You're right but one day you will be able to do whatever you like to me."

Jasper heard Caitlyn laugh, and he smiled. Jasper took the blankets and laid them out on the flattest area he could find well Caitlyn tied the horse to a tree. A few minutes later Jasper watched as Caitlyn came to their makeshift bed he stared at her in awe she was carrying a small flame in her hands to get her some light.