News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A Gypsy Tale

Started by SarviaRose, June 04, 2008, 09:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NORSEMAN

I turned too see Cait coming at us with a large grin of satisfaction!, I asked her now if she could break the spell the witch had upon me?. if not they should travel alone for I would endanger them both.

I showed her the equipment we had gotten ready while waiting for her too return and gave her the book that we found inside the cave.

I also told her what the Hermit had said too us about leaving before Harrington gets there in now one day!.

We also showed her the great treasure the Hermit bestowed upon us and I couldn't help showing her the sword of "Merlin" he left too me.

I realized how staggering all this information would be at once for her but it was necessary and we did need too get going as soon as possible and I suggested we travel through the forest before dark and spend the night on the outskirts of it near the ridge heading back toward the villages of Harrington for if he was here I wanted very much too hurt him for a man as he is hurt more by loss of revenue than pain and I intended too give him just that.

I didn't tell Cait or Jasper but I intended upon burning down his estate once I found it not as an act of terror but for the simple fact of how it would effect him, I also planned an outlaw action against him capturing his tax collectors and maybe raising volunteers as we go along!.

But first I asked Cait, please break this spell that she has against me!

SarviaRose

Caitlyn stared at Robert anger that she didn't have time to relax before they had to leave, mad that her bastard husband was so near. As strong as she was now she was still afraid of him. Caitlyn felt Jasper's arms go around her, she smiled at him.

"Robert I think I should be able to do. I hope I don't hurt any of us in the process. Jasper guard the entrance. Robert get the fire going. I will prepare a circle."

They all went to work, Jasper was worried and used the magic he had to make the entrance look like rock and prayed that it wouldn't take very long he couldn't keep the illusion up for long. Robert made easy work of getting the fire blaring he watched Caitlyn as she created a circle of branches around one of the blankets.

"Robert, your places is on the blanket it. Jasper keep us safe."

Robert took a deep breathe and laid down. He looked up is worry as Caitlyn followed him into the circle and than light the branches on fire.

"Caitlyn, are you sure you can do this."

"Yes, we need to be surround by fire the hydra will try to escape the fire will stall it long enough for me to kill it. Jasper please don't interupt I can't get distracted"

Caitlyn took a deep breathe of her own and placed her hands on Roberts chest. Robert could hear her talking but did not understand what he was hearing. He also felt something being pulled out of him he screamed in pain and sat up. Jasper looked back at Caitlyn and Robert only he could see what was happening.

Jasper watched as Caitlyn fought to pull the hydra from Robert. He could tell that the hydra was putting up a struggle not wanting to let go of its hold of Robert.

Caitlyn continued to chant and pull the hydra from Robert. She looked up at the creature only to see that it looked at her with pure evil. With one final tug Caitlyn pulled it out and throw it towords the fire. Robert collapsed back on to the blanket he could only stare at Caitlyn. Both men watched as Caitlyn turned to face the hydra with such speed and grace they could hardly believe it was the same Caitlyn they new before.

"You will leave us and never return to the land of the living or dead."

Fire shot from Caitlyn's hands and surrounded the hydra suffocating. They all heard the what sounded like something explode and watched as the hydra explode. The fire Robert and Caitlyn built was extinguished and the cave got extremely cold and dark. Caitlyn turned to Jasper and give him a weak smile and than went to Robert.

"You should feel better now my friend."

Again Caitlyn smiled. Robert stood up he could feel that the hydra was done he gave Caitlyn a huge smile.

Morale Ofc of the Bayou Scoundrel, ETTE, IFRP

NORSEMAN

Caitlyn has pulled the horrid thing from me and I was happy but unhappy to tell her and Jasper that we needed too be off from this place the Hermit had said we weren't too fight the soldiers that there were too many!.

I tried too convince Caitlyn of this by telling her it would be much warmer if we do travel further down the mountain and into the forest, there the trees can help us and we will be away from this ice thats settled in on us.

She finally gave in to leave and we packed the animals we'd aquired since we got there and had lots of new equipment, especially me since I'd lost almost everything I had while on the way here.

Cait and Jasper held back talking among themselves I didn't mind for I knew they were in love, I remembered a time when once I was much the same but the years had taught me hard lessons and I found myself much happier with just a good sword and my horse.

We soon made it down from the mountain and though the forest stopping on the edge of it, Caitlyn asked the trees for permission too burn dead fallen wood!, this was still the magic forest and the last thing we wanted was angry giant oaks trying too swat us with 500 pound branches!.

Meanwhile up on the mountain the scouts belonging to Harrington had found our hiding place, even though it was now deserted they searched it vainly for clues even the wretch Harrington himself showed his ugly face and they continued searching until well after dark for the Hermit and didn't give up until nearly midnight when Harrington in a fit of rage killed two of his won men and used some magic he'd learned too bring the roof of the cave down upon itself thus destroying the old mans former home.

All this we could see very well from our hidden spot down in the forest, Caitlyn laughed heartily watching them run too and fro but we all knew it was no laughing matter for if they caught up with us we'd have a very hard time escaping!, but at least the trees were there too protect us but in the morning I suggested we put lots of ground between Harrington and ourselves!.

SarviaRose

Caitlyn's insides twisted in rage as she watched her husband destroy a place that meant so much to her, the place she found her self. Jasper watched Caitlyn and looked at her oddly when he heard her laugh, part of him worried the Caitlyn he knew and loved would disappear. She was now longer just Caitlyn she was the Sharrafi Kralyissa the true leader of the gypsies. They watched as Lord Harrington and his men set up camp.

"You two sleep, I will take the first watch. Cait you should think of changing you are soaked."

"Robert, you should change also." Caitlyn said with a laugh

"I am fine, Cait I think you got most of the water."

"Okay but both of you don't look."

Both Jasper and Robert laughed at this, neither would dare make her angry on perpose neither wanted to see her unleash her full power on either of them. Caitlyn laughed also thinking that she wore less than most of the women she knew anyway. She changed into dry clotheing and packed her wet ones up, she knew they where going to have to leave after only a few hours of rest.

"Okay guys it's safe"

"Than you two rest, Jasper I will wake you when it is your turn."

Jasper pulled out another blanket and took Caitlyn's hand and the couple went to lay down. Jasper looked deep into Caitlyn's eye and could see she was still the same person he loved. He wrapped his arms around her pulled her close and fell asleep.

Robert woke Jasper about an hour later so he could rest awhile before they headed away from the crystal mountain. At the start of Jasper's watch everything was quiet, about a half hour into the watch he saw with the magic of the forest that Lord Harrington was wondering the woods and getting closer to them. He went over to Robert first and woke him.

"Robert wake up. We need to leave now Lord Harrington is coming."

Robert shot up from where he slept, he throw at boot at Caitlyn.

"What the?" Caitlyn said as she woke up and throw the boot back.

"Cait get up we need to leave."

NORSEMAN

I was almost ready too leave when the old hermits voice could be heard only too me, he said "now is the time", "the forest itself will help you it can divide them into groups and once you attack the men Harrington has the forest will join in!".

With a reluctance too such what I thought to be a move only a brash royal would do against far superior forces I told Caitlyn and Jasper what the old man said, she smiled!.

She began a chant too the magic Oaks, they moaned as they were the voices of hundreds of spirits of fallen warriors ready for the revenge they had long sought!, so I thought too myself it begins.

I bade Cait and Jasper take nothing but weapons and plenty of arrows, throwing knives, crossbow bolts and water we'll be moving fast and thats all we need for if we loss this fight we surely die, this didn't seem to mind to the others who instantly began collecting they're weapons.

I myself took the sword of Merlin, a bow and many arrows my arming dagger and hunting knife, boar spear, axe and a dozen or so small metal throwing knives, this was inadequate but its all we have.

I turned too Caitlyn and said I have taught you too fight now I must teach you the art of war, its very simple stay as well hidden as possible at first and use your long range weapons too kill as many as you can, once your bow or crossbow is empty return it too your shoulder on its strap for you may find other arrows upon the field as you go, next use the throwing knives against the charging men and throw as hard as you can for the more force the better the strike.

Remember that a swords man is easily killed with a boar spear if you know how too use it, he'll never even get close too you, always use the longest weapons you have first they hold your enemy back as far as possible, then when all is gone use your sword and hack with the most power you have for like a wounded animal if you leave a man with enough strength too rise he'll still try too kill you and once the battle starts we may loose sight of each other if we do become seperated let us meet at the barn of the hermit beside the ridge leading into the forest of magic.

Now Caitlyn call the forest too life to help us, may your luck be good in battle and your swords sharp and if you must die do it as a warrior and let it be quick for a hero dies only once!.

We quickly began our run through the forest toward the enemy camp, I whispered to Cait and Jasper , kill as many guards as you can the rest are tired and will be asleep so we should take them easily.

NORSEMAN

Caitlyn began some enchanted words in communication with the trees of the magic forest, Jasper and I made our way around the outskirts of the camp eliminating the sentries they had posted but it was then that we saw that since the forest was so thick the camp was spread out long and narrow and this could create a problem since we didn't know how far it went,

We returned too Caitlyn and told her of this and she simply said never fear, she took a sprig from a special bush and told each of us the forest will help us but you must wear this else the trees will think you one of Harringtons men, then she said "let it all begin!", "Mighty Oaks rise up help us in this endevor, revenge your fallen that these beasts now burn upon they're hearth, TAKE VENGANCE!".

Suddenly as if a mighty wind began to blow the trees pulled they're roots from the warm sod and began they're terrible vengance swatting men to and fro with mighty swings from the ageless branches they swept away entire squads as if they were nothing.

Jasper, Caitlyn and I all followed them into this malestrom but were of little conseqence too these mighty Oaks that made the very ground shiver before them killing men and horses, smashing battle equipment and laying devestation too our enemy.

Ocassionally they'd stop to absorb the dead like a royal feast then they would plod fourth again, suddenly I could hear Caitlyn calling too us to return to her and let the trees have their own vengance.

It was a carnage like unto nothing I'd ever seen before and as they moved fourth they sucked up the bodies into the roots like so much water and fertilizer, Caitlyn said stand here and let them finish for they've promised me to leave Harrington and his officers for me!.

SarviaRose

Caitlyn was till in awe at the trees she would never think of trees the same way again.  She was happy that the trees had listen to her and let her handle Lord Harrington and the officers. Caitlyn thought and asked the trees if they would be able steer Lord Harrington to his estate, she knew the might oaks could not leave the mountain but they could talk to their brothers and sisters off the mountain. Jasper and Robert watched as Caitlyn talked with the trees. They both watched as she turned with a big smile on her face.

"Robert, would you like to see Lord Harrington's estate. I am still his wife and I have a right to be there. Besides I'd like wash up and maybe sleep in a bed."

Jasper cringed at the words he didn't like to be reminded that Caitlyn was bound to that baulo of a man. Robert seemed to like the idea of incrotion on Lord Harrington.

"I'd like that Cait." He saw the look on Jasper's face and in a lower voice that Caitlyn could not hear told him. "Don't worry, she is yours she just want to hit Lord Harrington where it hurts and I think because of all the pain she suffered there that is will also be closer for her. You know as well as I that she feel no love for that man."

"I know but it still pisses me off that he has that claim on her."

"Don't worry Jasper" Robert told him again, he knew that a woman on a mission like Caitlyn wasn't going to be stopped.

"We need to get moving, the trees are going to hold them for the night and than steer Harrington and his officers to his estate."

NORSEMAN

HUZZAH! the evil lord is defeated!, we were all very happy and ready to celebrate but we all realized that even the magic the trees had couldn't hold them forever so we grudgingly all agreed too gather our things and be off but this time it was much easier than our trip here and we were together and more powerfull now that Caitlyn had learned all she had!.

We rode the rest of the day and most of the night finally stopping too rest the horses more than for ourselves, we were still elated from the battle and ready for a much needed revenge against Harrington.

We were all up at daylight and thank goodness we were for we needed all the travelling time we could get, Caitlyn had her revenge too take and her posessions in the manor and the rest I thought would be perfect if we opened the coffers up to the people who had been so badly treated for years but I hadn't mentioned this yet but I did remember the horrid sights I'd seen in the county where Harrington had so badly used the people.

Even the best laid plans often go astray and our suddenly seem as such for when we reached the main road toward Harringtons manor it was chocked with peasants running with what little they had in carts or simply upon they're own backs!.

We tried desperately too get some information but most seemed as though they were afraid to even stop and talk, they just said " were running from them!", who were "them" we all wondered?.

Finally we came across an old woman and her little granddaughter, they old woman was half dead from exhaustion and the girl wasn't much better off they said they left the very town where Harrington lived for the Army he was going to fight against had defeated his meager troops since he'd taken so many with him and now they devestate the countryside.

The little girl said they had a cart full of they're belongings they pulled but the wheel broke and they could only gather what they could carry and then as they tired more and more they had too leave things as they went finally reducing them to nothing more than themselves!.

We had a spare horse and put the old woman and child upon it after feeding them and letting them drink fresh water.

I asked Caitlyn, "What of your manor?, does it have a wall about it?, can we defend it if we can raise volunteers to help?, for I was hping that more villagers stayed behind who'd fight with us!.

SarviaRose

Caitlyn stared at Robert, fighting with was new to her and the though of one bigger than Lord Harrington's was frighting.

"Yes, there is a wall around it."

Robert looked from Caitlyn to Jasper, he saw the look of fear in the young couple's eyes.

"Caitlyn we better hurry, how long until we get to the manor?"

"It is no more than an hours ride if even that from here."

With out speaking the trio ran the horses as hard as they could with Caitlyn in the lead. True to her word and the speed they traveled at they reached the manor in thirty minutes.

"Welcome to the Harrington Manor" Caitlyn said dryly to Robert and Jasper. "I think sense we plan to distroy this place anyway and the inpending danger that we take everything in the house."

Robert and Jasper nodded, they followed Caitlyn as she went to the main door and knocked.

"No entry please leave."

"This is the Lady Caitlyn Harrington, you will let me in." Caitlyn had to spit out her the use of his name made her throat fill with bile.

"Lady Harrington?"

"Yes now open or I will open it myself."

The door slowly opened and an old man looked up at Caitlyn even though she had changed a lot he knew it was still the same person.

"Lady Cait, what are you doing back here. It is not safe and he will be back." 

"Don't worry. We will be handle him and if for some reason we can't the other army will."

"But he has a witch."

"I know but we also have magic on our side."

The three came in to the manor, the few staff that remained rushed to greet Caitlyn and to meet the stranger she brought with them. Most where in shock at her look she looked like something out of a myth as did her friends.

NORSEMAN

This manor was something great indeed, it was truly a shame we must destroy it I thought but I'd never been much for staying put long so I told Caitlyn and Jasper to wait for me here, I have a nagging feeling that the other army is about and I want too scout out some sights around here and see if I might find them.

I asked Jasper too remain with Caitlyn and if necessary too take her and run for I've never been unable to fend for myself but I think all should be well until I return, just help her gather her belongings especially any valuables for she should bury them in case she would want too retrieve rhem later, as for now I'm going to scout.

I rode past the more than formidable fortifications thinking if we just had but a small army we could take in the surrounding countrysides people and livestock and last out a very very long siege from within this place but I've other matters too attend now.

The countryside was beautiful and well maintained at the backs of the serfs under Harrington, most of they're homes were pushed back off the road well out of sight so as not too offend Harringtons view or his guests weak constitutions and soon I came across a stout farmer chopping wood off the main road he didn't hear me approach and I was near him before he could escape.

He turned with a jolt at my horses naying and yelled "Pray good sir do not kill me", I assured him my intensions were not too kill but that I was a friend too the new lady of Harrington manor and she doesn't tollerate the oppression of her serfs!.
To this he smiled greatly and proclaimed "Glory be!, can it be true is lord Harrington dead?" again I assured him that Harrington wasn't dead as yet but the oppression everyone felt under his monarchy was ended for Lady Caitlyn was now in power there.

He told me much of the horrible doings that Harrington had done too the local populace and even to his own bride! then he grew very serious and asked, "But what of the army near the next village?", I told him the people show gather everything and prepare too move with us as soon as lady Caitlyn is ready for perhaps another lord might help her regain all this territory by supplying her an army to retake this land and make it a just and fair kingdom!.

To this he said "But sir the army I speak is the remnants of Harringtons own men not the army who comes this way!, they are just men with but a few minor officers maybe 150 men or so!", "Lord Harrington left them because most were recruited locally from the farm boys and trained but they little serve him in his deeds against innocent people so he left them too die before the advancing army and now they live by eatting what they can scrounge most no longer have homes or families and have been in the army for years!".

To this I asked him "then they don't approve of what Harrington has done?", he answered "no they were just his troops he used to put in the front lines to die he cared nothing for them or they for him!".

Can you take me too these men I asked him?, "Yes sire if you will take me on your horse we can be there soon it isn't three miles distance at a place called Barney field!".

I pulled the man up and followed his directions as we cut across what once was a wheat field but now long over grown, down through a small stream and through a large forest and suddenly we came upon the tents of the men of Harrington I warned the farmer if you've lied too me you will die before they can kill me!", but he exclaimed "have no fear sire they hate Harrington for what he's done too them and leaving them!".

We created quite a stir as we rode into the soldiers camp and I continued until I came across a tent of what was apparantly the commander, he came out and stood before me unsure of what too do until I told him and the assemblled others, "Brothers we've all been used by Harrington! but now if you will follow me I offer you a chance at revenge not only for yourselves but for everyone against Harrington and a chance too be real soldiers again.

There is booty, rum, women and all a soldier might want!, all you must do is agree to fight for Lady Harrington!, she hates the lord Harrington more than you!, now will you good men starve like dying rats? or will you fight like soldiers for a worthy cause with a just leader and if this be not so I assure you I'll lead you back here myself!.

To this the men gave a rousing cheer!, I just hoped Caitlyn had enough rum for her new army!, quickly they packed and soon we were on the march toward the manor and maybe I thought we just might be able too hold such a place against anyone especially if we can get others to join like the local farmers as a militia!.

Soon we were nearing the manor and I could see Caitly and Jasper standing holding they're horses appearing ready to run so I rode fourth too assure them it was I not Harrington!.

I asked Caitlyn, "How do you like your new army?".

SarviaRose

Caitlyn watched Robert ride away and than turned to the remaining servants.

"I know you have pledged your loyalty to Lord Harrington, so I tell you know I am not here to aid him. I am here to destroy him. I ask you to now pledge your loyalty to me and my friends."

She and Jasper waited to see what was going to happen and to there surprise only one of the servants looked upset.

"You are a woman you..."

Jasper and a few of the other started towards the man who spoke. Caitlyn raised her hand for them all to stop

"Stop, all of you. If you do not like the change you can leave, you do not know what you are up against in me, Jasper or Robert. If you want to fight me you can"

The man just stared at her, she was willing to fight him, the thought was laughable to him. Caitlyn remembered him and knew he was Lord Harrington's man and would never aid her.

"I say again, you an aide me or leave the choice is your. If you leave no one will go after you. If you try and cause problems I will take care of you."

"And I say again you are only a woman."

Caitlyn didn't react in time, she watched as Jasper tackled the man.

"You show the Lady of this manor some respect."

"Jasper" Caitlyn said as she walked up to him and put her hand on his shoulder.

A few of the kitchen and farm workers came forward and took the man from Jasper, one turned to Caitlyn. "Don't worry Lady Cait we will tie him up."

After the crowd left Caitlyn took Jasper's hand and showed him around the manor. She avoid the bedrooms they held to man bad memories for her to face even with her new found stranghes. The couple shared a kiss as they went through some of the other rooms so Caitlyn could gather the things she wanted. There wasn't a lot she wanted she could care less about thing Lord Harrington gave her but some of the things where given to her by her foster parents those things she wanted.

Jasper was outside when he saw a very large group of men heading toward the manor, heeding Robert's warning he ran to Caitlyn. They both where about to mount their horse when Robert called out.

"How do you like your new army?"

"My army Robert?"

"Yes" Robert dismounted and told Caitlyn and Jasper his tale. They in turn told Robert about the angry man that was tied up and thrown into the pig pin.

Caitlyn looked at the men in front of her most looked so young like they weren't even 15 yet. She wondered if they knew what they where getting into. She knew Robert would be able to help train them but would they be able to accept her as a leader along with Jasper and Robert.

Jasper looked at Caitlyn as if he could read her mind; smile at her and said. "They will."

NORSEMAN

I looked toward Caitlyn and Jasper and said "MiLady with your leave there are things that need to be done!, first you should appoint someone in charge of the house staff rather like your bailiff".
Also you should appoint a military leader for your army, might I suggest this man who has been acting as captain in the loss of other officers.

Caitlyn readily agreed to Captain Smith's appointment, I would leave the other appointments to her but I knew for now I had military matters to attend to!.

Capt Smith assign men too the empty guard towers upon the walls of the manor!, we also need guards at the gate and place some men off duty for now for we may need them later!.
I leave it up too you to appoint your subordinates but make sure its done we need some order here and this is the only way, also send five men too me mounted on horseback with rations for two days for I have a special mission to send them upon.

I also told Captain Smith to arrange for a party of scouts to patrol the outlying regions, and left it up too him too gather all the loose weapons and secure the arsenal if it was still in existance.

As for now!, I again turned too Caitlyn, we must deal with this traitor too you more stearnly than a pig stye, I sent five men too retrieve him and bring him back then ordered him too construct two large post about twelve foot long and bury the ends at an angle three foot deep so as the posts cross and form an "X", then securely fasten the joint and wait for further instructions.

I again asked Caitlyn too allow me!, and I ordered all house and grounds staff outside before the "X" and I told the guard too place the man against it with his back facing out, tie his hands and feet to the X and then stand back.

Lady Caitlyn looked surprised but I know this is how you treat mutineers and before the entire staff I personally gave this rogue twenty lashes then had salt placed into his wounds and assigned him to clean the toilets before the day was over least he recieve forty lashes!.

I took Caitlyn and Jasper aside and told them "I'm sorry too do this before you but now your a royal and this is the way, not that we would become like Harrington but we must have discipline and we needed a good example and he was available", now let me dispatch the scouts we don't want anyone walking in on us now!.

Captain Smith brought me the five mounted men I'd asked for so I gave each a direction to work and told them too spread the word "there is an army coming, if you want too live come too the manor bring your weapons and food, even livestock!", now ride too all villages and tell them!.

NORSEMAN

I told lady Caitlyn that she shouldn't worry I'd put her manor into order but once things have been settled and this war attended to I shall be on my way and I imagine she also longs for the adventure of the open road but this is an advantage she should willingly exploit it shall give her a good income and she can always take on a knight as a tennant and still have her income if she'd like but thats in the future!.

Now MiLady your manor is safe we have guards upon the walls, guards at the gates, men repairing weapons and blacksmiths making others, carpenters working as well on spear shafts and barrels to store food in!, I can see in your eyes your tired and Jasper is as well let your maid show you too the bedchambers and release some tension good lady!.

Caitlyn smiled and blushed but readily accepted and headed for the house, I turned too see a buxom comely wench and whispered to her that if she'd like find a bottle and meet me back here in an hour!.

I found the Captain and gave him orders too keep the gates shut, no one in or out unless lady Caitlyn, Jasper or myself approve it, but he may give entry too all men joining the militia and refugees taking our offer but no one leaves!, tell the guards thats a direct order and too use deadly force if necessary.

I then turned too see the wench I'd spoken too before smiling with a bottle in her hands so I decided I needed some rest and recreation as well!.

NORSEMAN

The morning came quickly but I felt renewed after last night and the men were out early working, we'd gathered over 300 men for the civilian militia and we put them too work digging a moat around the wall of the manor.

I wanted it fifteen foot from the wall, twelve foot deep and twelve foot wide and leave a open "S" type curve before the main gate so no one can use a battering ram against it.

It was shortly before noon when Caitlyn and Jasper finally showed up outside looking much relaxed but the pleasant atmosphere was soon broken by one of my scouts coming in quickly too report the enemy troops encamped thirty miles too the North and if this wasn't bad enough another scout soon rode in with news that Harrington himself was coming and was trying to raise a small army himself that he had about fifteen men with him and I thought too myself "he'll crap when he sees Caitlyns army of nearly 500 men!.

SarviaRose

Caitlyn looked around still not full comfortable in this new position. She had refused to sleep in the Lord's room and prefered one of the guest room that had no bad memories for her. She and Jasper had a very good evening together and for just a short period of time they forgot all their worries. Caitlyn smiled at her memories of the evening.

"Lady Caitlyn, would you like help dressing this morning?"

Caitlyn had to stop and think about what was being asked of her, she didn't need help dressing and than remember her old clothes required help.

"Not right now, I will let you know when I am ready."

Jasper looked at Caitlyn and tried to remember her as the frighted Lady Caitlyn Harrington her found here. Robert just laughed to him self he only knew Caitlyn as the gypsy warrior who could fight as well as any man he knew, the thought of her in a corset and all covered up was to much for me.

"Robert stop please. So the Lord is coming to visit I hope he likes what he sees." Jasper said in a sarcastic tone.

Caitlyn started to think about how she was going to meet and fight Lord Harrington and hoped that she would get the chance. She may have been deemed not evil but that didn't mean that the pain her husband had inflicted on her went away or the horror she felt when she thought about what he did to his serfs. 

"Cait what are you thinking?" Robert asked she he saw the intense look on her face.

"That I hope I get a chance to fight him. Jasper do you want to go spar with the troops?"

Neither Jasper or Robert needed to ask who she was talking about.