News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Greenwood Elemantary Renaissance faire!

Started by Nighthawk, October 21, 2010, 11:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nighthawk

My living history group, the Renaissance Scots Living History Society, was invited to set up and present at the Greenwood Elementary School Renaissance festival. The festival was today. The kids were so incredibly interested in us! It was so much fun!! Now usually, the Wolves of Dunvegan, our fighters, are the biggest draw. The kids were interested in the sword fighting, but they were more interested in the crafts! The blacksmith, the weavers, and myself, were the really big draws at this one. So here are some pictures!

Showing the kids the weapons- the Locahber axe.

Great Sword:

War hammer:

The weavers:

Kids talking to the blacksmith:

There are no pictures of me... I was behind the camera. I hope someone in our group got some pictures of me with the wee ones! This was a good day, going to a school and educating kids on the realities of life before electricity. They were amazed when I told them that most of the clothing I was wearing had been made by me or people in our group- they just couldn't quite fathom that we didn't buy our clothes, weapons, etc, from somewhere, and actually made them ourselves! It was a great experience for all of us.

Norfolk

Well done, Nighthawk!  It's never too early to begin cultivating the next crop of rennies.
Just call me "Your Grace"

Ginette

Weddings & Events at Sherwood Forest Faire.
PR for life!

Nighthawk

Quote from: Baron on October 22, 2010, 10:00:58 PM
Well done, Nighthawk!  It's never too early to begin cultivating the next crop of rennies.

That's totally my feeling, too. Their drama department helped out by providing costumes for some of the kids, too. That wizard in one of the pics is actually one of the teachers.

Ginette-yeah, it was a blast!