News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Houston Comic Con aka Comicpalooza! May 27-29

Started by -:-Juju-:-, May 25, 2011, 01:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-:-Juju-:-

Heyyo everybuddy!

I just thought I'd let everyone know about the awesome Convention that will be going on this weekend at George R. Brown convention center in Houston. COMICPALOOZA!

If you're a fan of anime, sci-fi, horror, fantasy, gaming (both tabletop -DnD- and console -PS3, Xbox, etc.,), cosplay, and all other things pop culture and of the finest level of geek and nerdery, PLEASE come out and have a great time at Comicpalooza!! I know several of us TRF'ers, cast and playtrons, will all be out in full force either working or having fun!

Comicpalooza is now officially the largest comic con in Texas. Here's a little excerpt from their website http://www.comicpalooza.com/:

"Biggest in Texas

Comicpalooza is proud to announce the addition of the George R. Brown Convention Center's exhibit hall A3 to our convention space. A3 is 124,000 square feet of exhibit space, giving us a grand total of 298,915 sq. ft. of space for exhibits, panel discussions, workshops, screening rooms, gaming, and other activities. This makes Comicpalooza the largest comic con in Texas and gives us the opportunity to serve all of Texas with a robust lineup of entertainment and events for three full days. Comicpalooza events include the Live Art Event, Comicpalooza Film Festival, industry panel discussions, roller derby games, quidditch matches, live music, dancers, circus performers, and much more. Comicpalooza is also one of the largest art events in Houston, featuring scores of artists as well as numerous writers, celebrities, and performers."

Soo..with that said, who all is going? What will you be doing and where? Will you be dressing up in any costume/cosplay getup?  I thought i'd try and herd some cats and make a list of who will be where doing what this weekend, since I know a lot of us will be going.

I'll start it off! List yours and i'll try and update the list when I can to show who all will be out and about. If you know people who aren't on the boards but are in the same circles and we may know them, feel free to list them and where they'll be as well.

ROLL CALL!!! WHO/WHEN/WHERE/WHAT??
Friday, May 27th:
Juju - Cosplaying as Isabela from Dragon Age 2 or may just wear my TRF pirate garb if I can't finish my Isabela costume until later in the day. Will be attending any Costuming/Cosplay or Star Wars panels, so look for me if any of y'all attend those!

Drea/Queen Vendela of Barbarian Court @ TRF - Playing queen Vendela for a TRF promo along with a few other cast members, in the Dealer's Room next to The Pirates Cove

Captain Liam and Nina - I know they will be set up at CP as well with The Pirate's Cove and Madam Nina's Pirate Pendants. Not sure their exact booth but they will be neighbors or sharing a table with the TRF cast. Liam/Nina, if y'all see this feel free to correct me, as I'm not entirely sure of the location/etc.

Breandan - Table 13 in Atist's Alley (Hall A3) for Dark Nova Games: Noon - 1:00PM, 2:30PM-4 or 5ish. Panel: Real Science in Science Fiction, Friday 1:00–2:00 pm • Room 310 D. Games: Outpost 13 mission, Friday 7:00PM-Midnight, run by himself.

Mouse - Working at Breandan's Table for Dark Nova Games

Shandi - Face Painting and Attending various panels, etc

Aiacha and John - Working Battletech Pods for MechCorpss in the Game Area, 6-close

Saturday, May 28th:
Juju - Cosplaying as Isabela from Dragon Age 2
Lollie - Cosplaying as Maka of Soul Eater
Laird Fraser of Lovatt -
Laird Nasty -
Niki/Warcat- Working TRF/Pirates Cove booth in Dealer's room as ("TRF Persona") 10am-7pm (Niki, what's her name again? Or shall I dub her "Mistress One-Upper von Snubenstein"?)
Breandan - Artist's Alley Table 13 for Dark Nova Games: 10:00AM - 6:00PM, unless he runs Sat's game, in which case 2:30PM-6ish. Panels: Sci-fi What? Fantasy Who?, Sunday 1:00–2:00 pm • Room 320 E
Shandi - Face Painting and attending various panels, etc.
Dbaldock -Visiting for a bit Sat afternoon, camera in tow
LadyJessica and Hubby -
Aiacha and John – Working Battletech Pods for MechCorps in Game Area, 9-Close

Sunday, May 28th:
Juju - Representing the Kilted Jedi Knights with Jonathan, James, Wolvereinstein, etc., (Kilts, Jedi Robes, Lightsabers..oh my!)
Breandan - Artist's Alley, Table 13 for Dark Nova Games: 10:00AM - 1:00PM, 2:30PM - 6ish
Niki/WarCat - Working the TRF/Pirate's Cove shared space with other Casties for TRF, 10a-7p
Shandi - Face Painting and attending various panels, etc.
JackGonzo, MD -
Aiacha and John – Working Battletech Pods for MechCorps in Game Area, noon-close
"To Err is Human. To ARRR is Pirate"
Time flies when yer havin' rum!
McLotofus | PhoenixRisen | GearheadGamerGeekGirl

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Laird Nasty and myself will be there Saturday afternoon!

*Now i get to torment Juju too*  :D ;D
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Rani Zemirah

Grrrrrr... I can't stand this!!!  I almost NEVER get to see any of you, and I miss almost ALL of the really cool stuff!!!  

Take lots and LOTS of pics, bebe... and have an awesome time!  Oh, and I'm sure you'll be able to find Breandan in Artists Row, but if not, then when you find Fraser get him to lead the way! 

(and we know who will REALLY be tormenting whom...)  heheheh

Have an awesome time, darlin'! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

maeven

I blew up a radio station's phone this morning trying to win tickets.! LOL! I always miss going every year! Lame!
*Short enough to not reach the pedals, tall enough for the rides at Six Flags!*

I'm splendid. That is all.

AHE 2013 RenNado Survivor

Blue66669

You'll find me, as well as some of your favorite characters from TRF, working at the shared TRF/Pirates Cove space. I personally will be there on Sat and Sun from 10-7. Come on out!
Blaidd Drwg

-:-Juju-:-

"To Err is Human. To ARRR is Pirate"
Time flies when yer havin' rum!
McLotofus | PhoenixRisen | GearheadGamerGeekGirl

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Sweet!  I'll bring a loooong stick to poke at Warcat with!  Dang, we need to all go get loaded!
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Rani Zemirah

All. Of. You...

...you suck. :P  But I hope you all have an amazing weekend, anyway!  ;)
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Mouse

I will be working the Dark Nova Table Friday and Sunday...Due to kiddo rescheduling I will be missing all of Saturday.
Wee, sleekit, cow'rin, tim'rous beastie

"MOUSE,n. "Animalistic man-child which strews it's path with fainting woman"....less so these days :)

Rani Zemirah

Mouse, can't you bring her with you for part of the day, at least?  She could wear her Fairy garb!!! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: Mouse on May 25, 2011, 04:29:29 PM
I will be working the Dark Nova Table Friday and Sunday...Due to kiddo rescheduling I will be missing all of Saturday.

YOU SUCK @$$.  I was looking forward to setting you on fire... or something along those lines ... :D
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Aiacha

John and I will be working the Battletech Pods for MechCorps on and off all weekend.  Don't know what our schedule is yet, but we won't be there Saturday 4 to 9 or so.  Where will we be?  You can't miss us ;-)

[edit] We'll be there 6-close friday, 9-close saturday and noon to close sunday.  Phew!

Rani Zemirah

Quote from: Laird Fraser of Lovatt on May 25, 2011, 06:02:52 PM
Quote from: Mouse on May 25, 2011, 04:29:29 PM

YOU SUCK @$$.  I was looking forward to setting you on fire... or something along those lines ... :D

Oh no, Mouse!  You TOTALLY have to figure out a way to get there on Saturday!!!  I think that's the only day Fraser and Nasty will be there...

Of course, your daughter could end up scarred for life by the two of them...  :o  Or, maybe... she could offer you a bit of protection, since the Lairds would likely be putty in her wee little hands.  Y'know, jus' sayin'...  ;)  :D
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

We don't hurt children... just corrupt them.  I could keep Mouse busy while Nasty teaches her how to give daddy a circumcision with a butter knife.  ;D

:D
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Rani Zemirah

Oh, please... ::)  You'd be too busy buying her every single shiny little thing that made her eyes light up, and slipping her cotton candy while Mouse was busy trying to talk her out of taking the puppy home that you no doubt would manage to find for her! 

Besides, the scarring I was referring to would likely come from that whole "Danny Boy" plan you've been cooking up... rather than anything you could possibly DO to her... :D  Small children just shouldn't be exposed to musical mangling on that scale!!!  LOL
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede