News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Lots o' new faces!

Started by eloquentXI, September 22, 2011, 08:44:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eloquentXI

There are a lot of new faces around the TRF forums. Yay for more Texas rennies!

Introduce yourself so we have an idea and can abscond you appropriately.  ;)

I know there is a kinda of nervous, shyness that comes with meeting people from such an active forum like we have. Trust me, that nervousness will disappear the first time you laugh at Mouse or Fraser gro- I mean, the first time you meet everyone!  ;D

If you see anyone that you think is from the forums, say hi! Even if they end up being the wrong person, you'll meet a lot of other great Rennies.

If you are camping, familiarize yourself with the map that was posted in the other thread. It will give you an idea of where everybody is at. Walk abouts are a great part of socializing and sharing of the spirits.

There is a Meet n' Greet pre/post parade at the Prince of Wales every day of faire. Some days, there are a lot of people at the Meet n' Greet. Somedays, it's pretty sparse. Just depends.

Unfortunately, I won't be out Opening Weekend to meet everybody as I'll be flying out to Virginia that weekend. I look forward to seeing whoever I can when I am there!
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

DancingDogDairy

I'm new, but I did write an intro when I joined.

I want to meet everyone, but I expect to be too booth bound to go to any meet and greets.

If you pass by a tent with a little goat outside, please stop by and say hi.
Genevieve McQuilling
Slave Labor

Seaman Blurt

I am new too...I am not shy though. i had introduced myself in the greetings forums and have made some friends here. I would love to meet new friends at TRF. This will be my first year at TRF and i am really excited to camp. I am friends with most of the crew from the HMS Motleigh and should be camping close to them. I will definatly look for the goats too

*Teach*

Hi, My name is Teach and I haven't met a lot of people on here either but I would love to meet anyone who wants to meet up!

*and share rum. That's important in making new friends too*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: Seaman Blurt on September 22, 2011, 09:42:35 AM
I am new too...I am not shy though. i had introduced myself in the greetings forums and have made some friends here. I would love to meet new friends at TRF. This will be my first year at TRF and i am really excited to camp. I am friends with most of the crew from the HMS Motleigh and should be camping close to them. I will definatly look for the goats too

Fresh victim... errr, i mean... Hey, a Newbie to TRF!  Meggers is right, most of us are a friendly lot.  The Nasty & Fraser show will be in full force AHE...

Teach!  A new test subject for our lokis...  ;D
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Glaodian

Quote from: *Teach* on September 22, 2011, 10:22:06 AM
Hi, My name is Teach and I haven't met a lot of people on here either but I would love to meet anyone who wants to meet up!

Teach, are you trying to draw in new sources of rum?   ;D
--+ Glaodian +--
aka "Gman"
Si vis pacem para bellum

ragged tiger

Hi, I'm MacLager Jonnson with the kilt_troupe.  I rarely contribute, but really enjoy reading this board--it is a great resource for information.  Our group only makes it out to TRF once a year, but we typically make a good weekend of it.  This year we will be camping (Fri-Mon) during Barbarian Invasion weekend.  I'm hopeful we can get out and visit more campsites this year.
the_Kilt_Troupe

Lady D1

Was a newbie last year to the forums but not a newbie to Ren Fest.  Have not posted much in the off season due to work constraints.  Did meet up with some here at POW last year.  And some of them are actually personally known to me.
Don't delay, taste a tart today!

*Teach*

Quote from: Glaodian on September 22, 2011, 10:41:24 AM
Quote from: *Teach* on September 22, 2011, 10:22:06 AM

Teach, are you trying to draw in new sources of rum?   ;D
shhhhh
they don't know me yet lol

*and rum is involved lol*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

sloth

so hullo everybody! *waves*  i'm sloth and i've be a-lurkin' around the forums for awhile.  i figured this was the perfect chance to finally introduce myself.  i'm new to the forums, but this is my 10th (i think) year to go out to TRF.  this is also my first year to not go as a pirate (i'm actually going as a faery catcher) and also my first year to make Loki.  So many firsts!

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Fear not... most of us don't bite... well, watch out for Laird Nasty, he does.   :D

*He's my brother, so i can say that!  ;)*
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Breandan

For the new people, Hi, I'm Breandán, I am a pacifistic, innocent, naive, physically weak (so if you want me to hug you in greeting, you have to request that I do so as hard as I can beforehand so you can even feel it) waif of a man. I am completely trustworthy, so feel free to leave your ladies in my company, I am harmless :D
Author, bladesmith, and fuzzy teddybear.

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me

ravic

AND he also has a blank deed to a bridge in Brooklyn.  :)

JackGonzo, MD

Quote from: Breandan on September 22, 2011, 06:06:47 PM
For the new people, Hi, I'm Breandán, I am a pacifistic, innocent, naive, physically weak (so if you want me to hug you in greeting, you have to request that I do so as hard as I can beforehand so you can even feel it) waif of a man. I am completely trustworthy, so feel free to leave your ladies in my company, I am mostly harmless :D

fixed
On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

Tink

I only made it to a couple of the meet-n-greats out at TRF last year, but have been doing better at the other faires.  I look forward to meeting even more R/Fers face-to-face after "talking" with y'all on here!!!

and OMG GOATS!!!!  *squeeee!!!!*  :D
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. - W. Shakespeare