News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Second Annual Buccaneer Bash! Talk Like a Pirate Day Party!

Started by CapnJack, August 18, 2008, 03:28:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapnJack

Hi all!  I wanted to inform everyone here who I haven't yet pestered about the upcoming Full Sails Buccaneer Bash.  It's a big party on Friday, September 19th (international Talk Like a Pirate Day), starting at 6 PM, and being held at the Red and Jerry's on Santa Fe in Denver.

There will be food, booze, games, contests, booze, prizes, vendors, booze, and much, much more!  An attempt at pirate dress is highly encouraged, not only for overall ambiance but because there will be a costume contest for a big prize during the evening.

I will be there, probably helping out, and just generally enjoying the festivities.  If you can make it, please come!  Admission is $15 dollars at the door, and $10 if you preregister.  For any information on the event, or to preregister, go visit http://www.sunkenbones.com/fullsails/!

Also!  If anyone is interested, we are still looking for more vendors, and possibly a few more volunteers.  To be a vendor, the only fee is one small donation of an item of your choice for the charity auction to benefit the restoration of the famous clipper ship Cutty Sark, which was tragically burned last year.  The Sunken Bones Society is a pending 501C3 nonprofit organization, so all donations are tax deductible!

If you wish to volunteer or be a vendor (or you know anyone who does), email the Sunken Bones Society at promotions@sunkenbones.com

Hope to see a bunch of you there!

The Cap'n
"I've been through some terrible things in my life.  Some of which have actually happened."

-Mark Twain

Zoë

Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Capt Spleen

Mistress Charlotte

Cause, "Cake or death?" That's a pretty easy question.
Anyone could answer that.
"Cake or death?"
"Eh, cake please."

Avan

If I'm not up in Portland for their Pirate Fest I'll be there.

a_chromatic_sea

I will most definitely be there, hopefully with some pirate-y Barbarians in tow...

CapnJack

Woot!  Hey, if you guys all pre-register, and if one of you emails the Sunken Bones guys at info@sunkenbones.com, you can probably reserve a large round-table for the group to sit at together.

On this line of thought, we are planning a table-decorating party, and whichever group decorates their table the best will get... erm... SOMETHING!  We're still figuring out the prize details, but have no fears, there will be prizes!

Also, if you think the Horde would be interested, they might be able to get themselves a promotional table as well, where they can put out information regarding the group, etc.  Again, email the Sunken Bones guys about it.
"I've been through some terrible things in my life.  Some of which have actually happened."

-Mark Twain

pktaxwench

Assuming I've not headed to Florida by then, I'll be there.  Or rather, twice-cursed Bootstrap Bill will be.   :-D

I love any excuse to dress up in the costume that has taken too much time of my life.  Too bad my man will be in Iraq by then, otherwise Davy Jones would attend.   BUT, we'll be out at Ravenshire this weekend! (Court in morning, PotC in the afternoon)

Demetrius

Quote from: Capt Spleen on August 18, 2008, 06:20:34 PM
I'llz be wit Zoe, 'avin a BLAST!

Did I miss National "talk like a hamster" day?   ;)

If we aren't in Florida, Santa Fe, Colorado Springs, Boulder... we will be there!!
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Sadly... Yes Demetrius, you missed Talk like a Hamster day, Dress like a Hamster and and even ACT like a Hamster day. But there is still room to Drink like a Pirate day which interesting enough is on the exact same day as Talk like a Pirate day. which also is the same day is Dress like a parrot, talk like a parrot but not ACT like a parrot day.

Not sure if Toki or I would go. I have the pirate garb, HE does not.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Zoë

It's always Talk Like a Hamster Day at my house.  We get a lot of practice.  :)
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Ginger

Practice safe eating habits, use condiments!

Saber

The Seventh Sin will be in attendance, Selling Blades made by our Talented Bosun.  However, real life seems to have gotten in the way of the Captain being there..... But be sure to check out our table and ask the fine crew in attendance any questions that you may have!

CapnJack

Excellent!  Do you know how many of you will be there?  And if they'll be participating in the table decorating contest?

-Mark Twain

Saber

including Miss Ginger, there will be at least 3.  They will be participating in the decorating contest of the table that sells the blades that my Bosun makes *hint hint*