News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Faire Magazine PREMIER Edition

Started by Capt Gabriela Fullpepper, October 27, 2008, 10:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Well Colorado has 4 wonderful color pages of photos and a small blurb. Twenty (20) photos in all featuring own very own Ginger, CaptJack (Twice mind you), BlondeKarma aka the French princess, Hey-Ain't you in the background of a shot, and PKTaxwenches husband holding Jack in the stocks.

The magazine did not disapoint. It is very heavy stock paper and the magazine is full color. It's a wonderful premier edition to what looks to be a great new magazine about what we all love. It was also fantastic to see photos from te 1st Renaissance faire in the magazine.

The first printing sold out, so if you want to get a copy you will have to wait until the new year.

HUZZAH to CoRF and those of our friends who made the pages.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Zoë

Huzzah to you, DeLaney, for getting your photos published in it!
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Blushing

Congrats on your photos ... I just wish it was possible to buy single issues.
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Ginger

Wow! That's awesome :) what picture did you give them? :P
Practice safe eating habits, use condiments!

SirBlackFox

Quote from: Blushing on October 27, 2008, 11:38:26 PM
Congrats on your photos ... I just wish it was possible to buy single issues.

But you can!  Back Issues are up at the site. . . the SOLD OUT first issue will be reprinted soon and available!
Publisher, Faire Magazine, The Concordium, & The Pyrates Way
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

Scotsman

*taps finger on desktop*

When will I be getting my copy .... I am NOT a patient person!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Thanks all. I look at it as a win for CoRF also. It's not often we get to see our faire in print besides the local newspapers. This should do something to advertise for us nationally.

As for what photos? Hum hard to describe, but there is one of the front tower with CaptJack hanging out (Opening of gates) The one of Ginger being silly after recieving her tip. One of CaptJack in the stocks (I got to spank him when that happened :) ), The one of blondekarma (french princess making a funny face after Mistress Charloote painted it. One of the water wheel which is one of my favorites. Some of the buildings, out King and Queen and Princess beatrice. And a few others. 4 full color pages with small photos adorning the larger ones.

It is a suberb premier issue and as I said it's on heavy paper unlike most other magazines and it's FULL ON COLOR all of it from cover to cover.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Demetrius

Quote from: Scotsman on October 28, 2008, 07:52:32 AM
*taps finger on desktop*

I'm tired of being patient...

I want to see it, but I did not order one.  :(
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

As SirBlackFox noted, you can get a single issue here http://www.fairemagazine.com/aut08artindex.html

It's not cheap mind you and your best bet is to get a subscription to keep your costs down. This will be out in January with an additional article and more adds
"The Metal Maiden"

pktaxwench

Quote from: Lady de Laney on October 27, 2008, 10:09:44 PM
and PKTaxwenches husband holding Jack in the stocks.

LOL.... that happened at least once a day.  Once I tried turning in Jack for the reward on him and got thrown in the stocks along with him for 'profiteering'.  Which tore my hoopskirt. 

I assure you, back stage, I got my revenge.   On both the husband amd His Majesty. :-D

Lord Clisto of York

Quote from: Scotsman on October 28, 2008, 07:52:32 AM
*taps finger on desktop*

I am with you Scotsman. I am starting to get the armor on to go on a quest for my magazine Grail....

Clisto
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Lord Clisto of York

ARRGGGHHH!!!!   >:(  Mail came today and still no issue!!!  Scotsman, I believe I am more impatient then you.
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

SORRY  :-[ I was hoping that my little tidbit wouldn't do this to you guys. I just hope you don't expect TOO much now that I reported how I felt about it.

I hope you get it soon so you can enjoy it all in it's wonder  ;D
"The Metal Maiden"

SirBlackFox

So it would be a bad idea for me to admit that I actually sent the magazines in a true Renaissance fashion. . .by horseback?

((ducking and running))
Publisher, Faire Magazine, The Concordium, & The Pyrates Way
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

Francisco Paula

Think you also forgot to mention that the monks at the monastery was doing the magazine.