News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

You are shipwrecked part 2

Started by Obadiah Jib, May 04, 2009, 11:33:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obadiah Jib

You remember little of the night before.  A storm, howling winds and rain, the crack of the main mast and then water and darkness.

You wash ashore in the early hours of the dawn.  Your body is bruised and battered from the long swim and the collapse of your ship.  You are wounded and know that you can only take two more wounds of this severity before you succumb.  The beach is covered in debris from the wreck.

You were headed toward Antigua when the storm hit your ship.  You believe that you may have been in the Leeward Passage when the storm came up and drove your ship over a corral head.   All you have are 3 items you managed to grab before you were washed overboard.

The island you are on looks to be of good size and seems to have both abundant plant and animal life.  You drag a few pieces of the ships debris up toward the tree line and build a shelter.  You build a good shelter if you brought and axe, tool, or cutlass.  You build a crude shelter if not.  If you brought a tinder and flint, spyglass with a lens, or a pistol you can make a fire.  If not you must do without.

By late in the day you decide that you should explore the island.  You need fresh drinking water (unless you took water as one of your 3 items) and you want to see if anyone else survived the storm.  You follow the coast and notice an abundance of gray fins that pierce of the surface of the water around the island.  Swimming away from island isn't going to be a choice.  You also can imagine the fate of the rest of the crew.

At dust you discover a sea cave that looks like it might provide good shelter.  You enter the sea cave and toward the back discover 3 items.  One is a silver candlestick holder, the second is a rapier with a ruby pummel, and the last is a sack that appears to be made of some type of reptile skin and decorated with cowrie shells.  Suddenly a tidal bore surges into the cave giving you only seconds to flee before the entire complex is flooded.  You can grab only one of the items.  Which one do you choose?

???
First Mate of the Portobello Rose.
I'm not the captain, I just dress better than he does.

Blue66669

Is there a hot guy on the end of any one of these items???

*giggles* I digress LOL, gimme the candlestick holder.
Blaidd Drwg

Lady Christina de Pond

I already have a cutless so i don't need the rapier even though it might be good at stabbing a boar with. I don't have a candle so the only thing i can use the candle stick holder for at this moment is a club. but the bag i can use if it's reptile skin it might be good to holding water
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Lady Amy of York

The  candlestick holder won't do me  any good  cause i  don't have  a  candle, and  even  if  i did, the  wind  may blow  it  right out.   I  don't need the  rapier,  cause i have  my  pistol.
  So i would  grab  the  sack , and  pray  that  there is  nothing inside  it  with a  curse  on  it.
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Blackjack Roberts

Since one of the three items I grabbed was me sea chest, (containing most everything I would need to survive fairly comfortable like), I'll be taken the rapier.

Any ruby large enough ta be the pommel 'a a sword has ta be worth a small fortune once I can gets th' attention 'a some passin' ship wit' me signal fire, I'll at least get some plunder outta this fiasco.

Booty be th' name 'o the game, Mates.

But as I said before......Pirate.  ;) ;D ;D

Cobaltblu

Well the rapier, of course, because it is a weapon and also has an edge and has many more uses.

Now if a sea cave has a bag made of reptile skin I might need a weapon to fight or kill the reptiles either to survive or for food.

I can use the rapier to kill more reptiles to make another sack and can find more shells on the beach.

I can use the rapier to steal another candlestick if I ever make it back to civilization.

I can polish the rapier blade and use it to flash signals to passing ships by reflecting the sun to attract attention.

If I give up on life I can fall onto the rapier blade to commit suicide.

If there are dangerous natives on the island I can make them believe I am a god with my bright and shiny rapier and make them worship me.

And most importantly, if I find some bubble gum and MacGuyver washes ashore from another shipwreck he can combine the gum and rapier to make a hot air balloon and we can both fly away back to civilization.

Regards,

CB
Click on my website icon on the left to view my photo album of garb and items.

Lady Amy of York

oh wait a minute i did not notice  that the rapier  contained  a ruby on it.  ( that's  what i get  for  reading  this  late  at  night    ;D ).

I    swim back.  Put  the  pouch  back,  and  grab the  rapier instead.    A  woman ,especially a  pirate  woman  can never have  too many  jewels now  can she, ;) and  besides   ruby is  my  birthstone.  ;D
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Obadiah Jib

Anyone interested feel free to jump in!  Read past posts and make your choices. :D
First Mate of the Portobello Rose.
I'm not the captain, I just dress better than he does.

Welsh Wench

I have no need of a candlestick if I have no candles.

I would probably have a knife/rapier/cutlass with me.

And being a woman, I'd be curious of what is in the sack.

So I choose Door #3!

Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....