News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

You are shipwrecked Part 4

Started by Obadiah Jib, May 15, 2009, 05:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obadiah Jib

After adopting your animal companion and returning to your camp you discover the true nature of the beast.

The green parrot speaks a few words of French and is very adept at finding fruits and nuts on the island.  He calls out something that sounds like "Je Tem" when happy.  The parrot also seems to be good look out and will squawk when something dangerous approaches.

The mongrel dog is loyal and intelligent companion.  She has a good nose and appears to be a natural tracker.  The dog will defend you and can take one wound that you would have taken in a fight or encounter.  Of course by taking the wound the dog will perish.

The tan and black monkey is a little devil!  He bites, throws poop, and constantly screams.  If you selected the monkey he has managed to steal one of you items and has hidden it.  He also stays away from any attacks you might launch at him.

A month passes (or so you believe) on the island.  One rainy morning you notice smoke coming from the western beach.  Upon reaching the location you discover a group of six Indian fishermen and a canoe.  Three of these men are adults, two look like teenagers, and one is just a boy.  They appear to be repairing their canoe and cooking a lunch of fish over a driftwood fire on a stony little beach amid the mangroves.  You approach them and remain hidden for a time.  After awhile you decide they are no threat and approach.

The Indians are surprised to see you but no not appear violent.  One of the Indians speaks some Spanish and you are able speak with them.  They tell you they are from a neighboring island and suffered from a damaged rudder.  They arrived here to fix the problem and plan to return home.  They would like to take you with them but there is no room in the canoe.  They do promise to return and share a lunch of fish with you allowing you to eat as much as you wish.

After the meal the Indians seem eager to engage in trade with you.  They will trade you one of your items for one of their possessions (one for one).  They will not trade the canoe.  They will not take your animal companion.  The items they have for trade include:  A set of twelve steel fishing hooks and line.  A bottle of foul smelling tonic that they tell you is a healing elixir.  A flint and steel in a doeskin pouch.   A bow and thirty bone headed arrows.  And lastly a short cape of blue, green, and red bird feathers.  What will you choose and what will you trade for these items?

If you are a Lady Pirate you may try to use seduction to receive an item in trade for free.
First Mate of the Portobello Rose.
I'm not the captain, I just dress better than he does.

Cobaltblu

I choose the bow and bone arrows and give them my rapier.

And thank god that dog was female...I might have a chance of making more dogs.
Click on my website icon on the left to view my photo album of garb and items.

maelstrom0370

I expose them all to the common cold, wait for them to become too weak to do anything, take everything, hop in their canoe and skeedaddle outta there!

Captain Jack Wolfe

The parrot speaks bad French?  First off, teach him how to say "je t'aime".  Then name him Clouseau.  ;D
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Lady Christina de Pond

(someone give cobalt genetics lesson)
thankfully i ate the scrawny bird and the thieving monkey

what to trade them. maybe i give em the empty rum bottle for fish hooks I'm a decent tender of wounds I ain't gonna die unless something eats me. but it would have to eat the dog first
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Lady Amy of York

Lets  see I  sent the parrot off  with  anote.  The  monkey  I killed  for  food. Not giving away  the  dog.    What to give  them....

Well  being a Lady pirate  i  decide  to use my seductive  charms.  I hike  the  skirts  abit, and lower  the  bodice and  flirt  with   the older  3  men.     I   offer them some of  the rum I have in my sea  chest  and  sit  down with  them on the  beach and  talk and  flirt.  Two of  them  inch  closer  to me  and  I  let them snuggle up real  close  ...  AND  THEN.....

I  reach under  my skirts   (  i always  keep  a pistol or  two, and  a dagger   hidden on me  )    and    aim   a pistol  at   both of  them.   I  take  one of  them hostage.   He  appears  to be  the oldest  and  the  cheif  of  the  clan.   I  order  the others  to carry  my sea chest  to the  canoe.  Then i walk  to the canoe  with   clan chief.    I  call  for  my dog and he hops  in  the boat.  I  order the others  to back  away.  I  then tell the  cheif    to get in the  canoe  and  then i hop in  and  paddle away.  I   will sail  to the  neighboring island  and   keep  the  cheif  hostage   and  demand  a    small sailing  boat.
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Welsh Wench

OK since I screwed up and prepared for St Thomas, I'll change my original three items for a cutlass, all my canvas and flint.

I don't flirt with them because frankly, they aren't that attractive and I haven't been on the island THAT long. I'm real particular. Otherwise, I wouldn't be Wenchie. Besides, I prefer Swedish men.

So I trade my extra canvas sails. I have already made a tent so therefore it is no longer a tent but homesteaded. I don't allow them inside so they don't know I have a feather bed that I made with the parrot's cast-off feathers.
Did I mention there is a naked bird flying around somewhere? His pin feathers are starting to come back though.

What do I want? I guess the fishhooks and line. I can always pierce my ears with them if I get really bored.

Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Blue66669

I'll use my feminine wiles to get what I need- I teach them how to Martha Stewart their canoe!!!! They call me their domestic goddess and give me all kinds of wonderful presents!

I'll have the fish hooks and line, please...

Blaidd Drwg