News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Has the popularity of Pirates passed?

Started by Obadiah Jib, July 30, 2009, 12:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Jack Wolfe

Heh heh heh heh heh!!
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Blackjack Roberts

*picks up book...scratches head...tosses it back over shoulder*

Nere even any gold on th' edge 'a th' pages. Bloody worthless!

*swaggers off following Molden*

Hold up there, Mate! I've 'alf a bottle left, an will need ta be re-suplyin' the cargo.

A tavern filled wit' wenches an' the bloody goose'll take care 'a itsself, says I.

*hands the half empty bottle of rum to Molden*

Bar up yer larders, and lock up yer daughters! There be pirates here!

groomporter

Got admit though, pirates were not very politically correct for a couple weeks earlier thanks to the Somalis...  ;D
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Seamus Ex Machina

Pathetic garb, those Somalis...and what kind of pirate has a bloody Evinrude...?   No sport with a 30 round magazine...Dear God, did ye see the footwear??   Not a damn boot in sight!!   Give us pirates a bad name, they will...
Legendary Hellraiser

groomporter

Yeah, but wouldn't you like to play with a rocket powered grenade launcher?  ;)
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Welsh Wench

Sounds like a dream come true to me.... ;)
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Captain Jack Wolfe

Just because you want to re-enact that scene with Carrie Fischer from "The Blues Brothers"!  ;)
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Capt. Bacardi

Pirates will never go away no matter how bad the Somalin's make us look. I was also a pirate at faire way before the movie came out. Thou Muffin is sad on those days.  :-[  ;)

Never fear Wenchie the boots are not going anywhere.....either is the Bird!!  :o  ;D
BLOODY HELL!!!!
..It is only a flesh wound..
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Muffin

Quote from: Capt. Bacardi on August 06, 2009, 08:44:50 AM
Pirates will never go away no matter how bad the Somalin's make us look. I was also a pirate at faire way before the movie came out. Thou Muffin is sad on those days.  :-[  ;)

Never fear Wenchie the boots are not going anywhere.....either is the Bird!!  :o  ;D

Yeah well.... Pants are stupid....  :P

Of course now you do have the ability to be a kilted pirate.. Me likey!!  ;) :-*
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Welsh Wench

I have to admit, some of our best picture stories have been about Blue!

Lock up your daughters? Just try to---Better lock up the shoe stores and bootmakers.  ;D

*hugs to Muffin!*
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Captain Jack Wolfe

Quote from: Welsh Wench on August 06, 2009, 05:43:40 PMBetter lock up the shoe stores and bootmakers.  ;D

And the First Bank of Tortuga MasterCard!  :o :D

Lady Renee Buchanan

Quote from: Capt. Bacardi on August 06, 2009, 08:44:50 AM

Speaking of THE BIRD, Blue's egg hatched (only 15 months after I became the foster mom at RenDezvous in TN).

Twins! Two baby pirates were born wearing garb.  Suggestions for names?

I know how to take the picture, but don't know how to download to the computer, so I'm at the mercy of Steve to do that.  When he finally does, I'll post a picture.

Congratulations, Grandpa!   ;D
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Blackjack Roberts

Quote from: Welsh Wench on August 06, 2009, 05:43:40 PM
Lock up your daughters? Just try to---Better lock up the shoe stores and bootmakers.  ;D

Aye, Luv. If'n they thinks their daughters be safe it'll be all the easier ta pick th' locks.

*Learn'd that lil' trick from a chastity belt maker*  :o ;) :D

Obadiah Jib

So everyone is certain that Pirates are eternal?
First Mate of the Portobello Rose.
I'm not the captain, I just dress better than he does.

Muffin

A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette