News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Call for rain! Nooooo!

Started by LadySeasan, August 06, 2009, 11:21:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadySeasan

I just checked weather.com and apparently there is supposed to be light showers on Saturday and isolated thunder storms on Sunday. With a chance of precipitation at 40% and 30% respectively.  I know that many of you will still attend, but rain flares up my fibromyalgia symptoms, and although I have no issue with going in the rain, my husband, who is also the driver doesn't.

So we all know that things happen in numbers.  EVERYONE wish, and hope, and pray that it doesn't rain on opening weekend!!! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D
Clan M'Crack-Season M'Crack

Alisoun

While I would prefer that the rain stay far from The Shire this weekend, nothing's keeping me away.
"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does." --William James

lordwriothsley

If I'm not mistaken I believe the old saying goes that "It's just not a faire day without rain in the forecast".  ;D
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

BubbleWright

Current forecast for Saturday is Mostly Cloudy, High 80 degrees with 20% chance of precipitation; Sunday Isolated T-Storms, Hight 85 degrees with a 30% chance of precipitation. 100% chance of fun...  :D
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

mariab4

Only sugar and manure melt in the rain...GOODY!!!  Stay under cover!!!!

McGuinness

We survived a massive thunder and lightning storm on last year's opening day...I say bring it on! (except over the joust list, because walking through the quicksand that is Lake Bosworth is no fun..but everywhere else, bring it on!)

See you all on the streets tomorrow. Bring your water bottles, stay safe, and have fun!

Tipsy Gypsy

Send it here, Texas would be happy to take it off your hands :) .
"It's just water, officer, I swear. And yeast. And a little honey. How the alcohol got in, I have no idea!"

LadySeasan

checked the weather there, and no more rain! yay

So Allison, we gotta hook up once we are at fair! so keep a look out. i will be wearing a green and goldish gown, Wes will be wearing a silver doublet with black trim/accents
Clan M'Crack-Season M'Crack