News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Highland festival in Estes Park, Colo.

Started by Blushing, September 06, 2009, 12:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blushing

I'm sure there's more at least a few here on the boards who will be attending the Long's Peak Scottish-Irish Highland Festival in Estes Park Sept. 10-13 ... speak up!  Errrmm, write up ..

There's awesome music planned, British Isle dogs, and lots of piping and dancing.  And of course the clans.

Tickets can be purchased online or at king Soopers. Main site for info - http://www.scotfest.com
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Toki and I will be there on Saturday. It's just down the street from us... well 30 minutes which makes it close for us.

See you there? Well maybe not. it's harder to find people there than it is at faire. Meet by the Hamster wheel? OH Dang the Giant Hamster wheel WON'T be there this year. Meet by the Trebuche and watch them fling flaming Hamsters? OOPS no flaming hamsters. OK just meet by the Trebuche and at what time?

OH And don't forget REAL Combat Jousting.. Not some stage act. These guys joust for real money and BIG Bucks. And sometimes People DO get hurt
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Radu the Gypsy

Last years combat jousting was vastly entertaining.  Especially the rather un-Chivalrous ending...

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Yes it was not to mention the trampling of one knights wife by another knights horse running throw the list.

What was up with the Un-Chivalrous ending. That knight was the champ a few years ago. Two years ago he broke his collar bone on Friday from a horse falling on him but did the skills joust on Saturday and with much pain (Saw it on his face) He then did full jousting on Sunday. But then last year he went balistic. Very un-knight like... OR WAS IT?
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

eloquentXI

I wish I could fly up for this, as I my grandparents live in Estes and I was pretty much raised up there.
But money is too tight and with the work and school.  :(

Take lots of photos for me, De Laney! I'll be there in spirit with ya'll!
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Amyj

Quote from: Lady de Laney on September 06, 2009, 07:39:25 PM
It's just down the street from us... well 30 minutes which makes it close for us.

Lady de Laney...will you and Toki adopt me?!?!?  Sigh, I LOVE the Estes Park area!!!  Wish I could be there!  Oh well, Y'all come out to St. Louis for pirate fest (starts next weekend and runs for 3 weekends) or come see us in KC on the weekend of Oct 11-13 (or whatever weekend Columbus day is this year!  ;D)

Have fun everyone!!!!!  I'll hope for good weather for all!
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

holierthanthou

Looks like I will be out pounding the pavement again for the Buccaneer Bash on Saturday and Sunday I have to go to a open house.  (Saying no to a little old lady is tough!)  So sadly I will not be attending.  

There were four hamsters with us on last weekend's mall crawl.  Even had a boon for a piratical one.

;D
Yeah!
There is not enough darkness in the world to extinguish a small candle.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Sure Amyj we have a spare bed. Come on over.

We'd LOVE to come to KC but money is the issue. The cost of a Hotel is the biggest killer, but gas doesn't help. With Toki not working many hours and my job drawing to a close in mid Oct makes it tough. Sure hat contracting but at least it was money for a time.
"The Metal Maiden"

Radu the Gypsy

Quote from: Lady de Laney on September 06, 2009, 11:11:55 PM
Yes it was not to mention the trampling of one knights wife by another knights horse running throw the list.

What was up with the Un-Chivalrous ending. That knight was the champ a few years ago. Two years ago he broke his collar bone on Friday from a horse falling on him but did the skills joust on Saturday and with much pain (Saw it on his face) He then did full jousting on Sunday. But then last year he went balistic. Very un-knight like... OR WAS IT?

Possibly all part of the show.  Possibly a lovers quarrel.  Possibly a bad day at the office.  the world...will never know.

NelleMoorley

Steve and I will be there on Saturday, possibly on Sunday as well.  I've never been so I'm looking forward to it.  See you all there!
Nelle Moorley

Zoë

I'd like to be there but I'm not entirely sure if that will happen, depends on plans and money.  And how much homework I have. 
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Radu the Gypsy

Ok, its quite possible I'm blind and am just scrolling past it, but I cant for the life of me find a schedule of events concisely listed on the webpage for the Highlands festival.  Is there one?

Avan

Cynthia and I will be there on Saturday and would love to get together with everyone.

Aernn

Hmmmm.  Maybe we will try to make it this year.  Will have to consider it.
All know that only bards and pregnant women need ever explain themselves ~ Unknown (otherwise saying, can't remember)

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

We MAY not be going after all. it's hard to justify $40 to get in and then another $20+ for food and drinks :(
"The Metal Maiden"