News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Feat of Fantasy murder mystery at MIRF

Started by Melissa, September 17, 2009, 10:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melissa

Hi just wondering if anyone has done the feast yet this year??  I have read that it is a murder mystery this year.  Just wondering what people think.

Lord Virgil

We did the feast on opening weekend and they didn't have the entertainment worked out.  Half the acts didn't show, and left Chippy and his Vulgarian lady friend (the girl that played Pandora the pirate last year, sorry don't know her name but love her character) hung out to dry.  They did their best to add-lib and hold it together, my hat's off to them for the effort!

The food was very good and the unlimited beverages are always a good thing.  I hope the entertainment is worked out, as that is always a part of the feast I look forward to.
Nothing better in life than enjoying a pint amongst friends...Huzzah!

Margaret

I can't comment on the show, but I do know they have Mary and Art back to do the show at Feast. 

Back when I worked with them in the Castle, they were Vulgarians and still look as if they are in that roll.

The show could center around a murder mystery, but do not go in expecting to be set up like one of the 'members of the audience are really actors in the show who will help the guests play along' kind of shows.
Mistress Margaret Baynham
The Sweete Ladye
IWG #1656 MCL
wench.org (IWG forums)
ibrsc.org (IBRSC forums)

Lord Virgil

Barb and I have done the feast for the last 5 years, and it's how we celebrate our wedding anniversary now (we were married at MiRF in 2005).  I have been "chosen" to participate many times in the fun and I do so willingly.  Since the MiRF schedule was pushed back a week this year, we were there on the opening weekend Sunday, rather than the 2nd weekend (our anniversary is Aug 20th).  I understand that it was probably just opening weekend hiccups but I was a bit disappointed this year, not in the hosts but in the lack of support they got.
Nothing better in life than enjoying a pint amongst friends...Huzzah!

Melissa

Hi thanks for speaking up.  This year will be my fifth year of doing the feast as well.  Do you know the name of the guy who was the "feast master".  That is not what he called himself but thats what my friend and I called him.  He was there for our first two years of feast 2005-2006.  We loved him and would love to know his name and what happened to him.

Katie Bookwench

If you're talking about a loud, obnoxious Scotsman named Stuart Abecrombie, then that would be Steve Morgan.

He used to be an awesome Veggie Vengance guy.... but moved 'up' in the world to do the Feast. Alergic to all those tomatoes, I suppose....

He's currently retired from Fest. He got married to a lovely gal, and is now a happy husband and dad. Thankfully, the kid got his looks from MOM'S SIDE.  ;D

I miss him. He was a very funny guy, and a sweetie to boot. Maybe someday he'll get bored with the grown up, humdrum life in suburbia and come back to the shire to blow off some steam.

Katie O'Connell - Hollygrove Library
(aka The Bookwench)
Licensed Wench - IWG Local 57

Melissa

Yes that sounds like him!!!!  Thanks for the info on him.  We loved him.  He had a great way of engaging the crowd.  Glad to know that he is doing so well.  Thanks