News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What's the funniest thing you've seen or heard at faire?

Started by Valiss, October 09, 2009, 02:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valiss

A kid at our faire was asking his mother for one of those giant turkey legs. I could tell that she was annoyed by his persistance. Finally, she leaned over and growled, "If you eat one a giant turkey might come find you looking for his leg!" The kid eyes got as big as dinner plates and he looked at the both with renewed interest. Then he blurted out "I wanna meet the giant turkey!" 

Celtic_Fae

Jacob, in a kilt, climbing a tree to retrieve a pucking rat. He was signing photos afterward!

Welsh Wench

When Captain Spleen introduced himself as 'I'm Sean Daniels.'
In Captain Spleen's voice and garb.

Well, there went THAT secret...... ;)
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Athena

Kilt Boy (Jacob) in the kilt contest at BARF! Front row seats + elevated stage= :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

robert of armstrong

Zoltan the Adequate's opening jokes to get peple's attention before his act:

A Nucleus walks into a bar and says to the bartender, "Have you seen an electron?  I left one here last night."  The bartender replies "Are you positive?"

A Neutrn walks into a bar and asks the bartender "How much for a pint?"  The bartender replies "For you, no charge."

Okay, they are horrible geek jokes, I know.
Always on the lookout for my next noble cause.

And because a flail don't need reloading, that's why.

CapnFayeCutler

Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

renfairephotog

Quote from: Welsh Wench on October 09, 2009, 08:57:40 PM

That's how I met him/ them. Great first impression.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

joan of arc

Two girls in their 20s, giggling, ask a Scotsman, what he is wearing under his kilt. The scotsman raises an eyebrow and says:" Shoes!". The look on their faces was priceless.
There's no place I can be
Since I found Serenity
But you can't take the sky from me...

renren

Quote from: CapnFayeCutler on October 10, 2009, 11:31:33 PM
Quote from: robert of armstrong on October 10, 2009, 04:06:19 AM
Okay, they are horrible geek jokes, I know.

And as a science geek, I found them HILARIOUS! :)

LOL, me too. The sicence geek, and thought they were funny!   :)
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Capt Spleen

Quote from: renfairephotog on October 11, 2009, 12:15:05 AM
Quote from: Welsh Wench on October 09, 2009, 08:57:40 PM

That's how I met him/ them. Great first impression.
Aye! Indeed! The trials and tribulations of having multiple characters. And the anticlimaticness as i looked into the faces of those who, "got it".

quote, "I am Sean Daniels Privateer w/a ........ OH CRAP!"

In the future, I would always look at the garb I was wearing before speaking.......Thanks to that very incident.

Aniroaldawen

This happened during a Jolly Rogers show at KCRF.  They do a bit where Beard and Devon "make" Kane sing a shanty after he teases Devon.  Normally, Devon slaps Kane, then Beard does too, and they grab his mustache and make him sing.  At this show, after Devon slapped Kane, Beard went "I can't believe you just slapped Kane! I mean, it's Kane! Everybody loves Kane! I mean--I love Kane! I do..." and then grabbed Kane and kissed him full on the lips!  Kane fell over on his back, the other three Rogers fled the stage, and the audience burst out laughing! (And after that, when Kane was saying about his shanty, "Me mum taught it to me," he added, "It's a very sweet song, but she was a much better kisser!")

justsomeguytn

Just this weekend at Carolina during the Barely Balanced show.  Medium had just been helped up on stage (nice lady had to shove his rear while he steadied himself on a guy's shoulders).  The guy that Medium was steading himself on was also holding Medium's mug of water.  The audience cheered when Medium got up onto the stage and the guy holding the mug raised both arms in celebration, dosing Medium with water.  YouTube video whenever I get around to it.

Tammy

Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

Dayna

A chihuahua riding around on an enormous bumroll at Stronghold Faire in IL weekend before last.
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven

joan of arc

I would pay to see that  ;D ;D ;D

Quote from: Dayna on October 13, 2009, 06:37:31 PM
A chihuahua riding around on an enormous bumroll at Stronghold Faire in IL weekend before last.
There's no place I can be
Since I found Serenity
But you can't take the sky from me...