News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

I stopped my subscription to Renaissance Magazine

Started by Obadiah Jib, June 22, 2008, 11:25:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotsman

Thank goodness the new magazine is about to come out ... I hear it is at the press now.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Lady Renee Buchanan

We have subscribed since the very early issues.  Except for the listing of faires, and pictures of different larger faires, it isn't very "faire" oriented, as opposed to "history" oriented.  Which serves a different market.

I was interested to see there is now a column where people can send in their own faire pictures.  However, disappointed that the pictures were in black and white.  They would be much more striking if they were in color, and I bet people would buy several copies for their "fifteen minutes of fame."
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Lord Clisto of York

Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on October 08, 2008, 07:03:21 PM
We have subscribed since the very early issues.  Except for the listing of faires, and pictures of different larger faires, it isn't very "faire" oriented, as opposed to "history" oriented.  Which serves a different market.

I was interested to see there is now a column where people can send in their own faire pictures.  However, disappointed that the pictures were in black and white.  They would be much more striking if they were in color, and I bet people would buy several copies for their "fifteen minutes of fame."

I got my 15 minutes of fame in Faire Magazine in full on color. So Faire Mag gets my vote.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

renfairephotog

Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer