News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Tattoo's & Piercings

Started by Lord Figaro, August 26, 2008, 01:11:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Figaro

Back at the old boards we had a place to post pictures of our tattoos. So I thought it might be nice to post another one here to show off our ink and such.  Don't be shy.

Army tat 1984

Navy tat 1987

Kilree cross tat.

Proud Irish tat

Silverback gorilla tat for our Karaoke company logo

Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

Rage

Mine:

Better picture but inverted for some reason:

LD's:

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

back of neck

on my arm

new one in the works on my leg

MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Lord Figaro

I never knew LD had one there. Cool, and great work too. Love the neck one LADY JOYCE ANN. How much more work is planned for the one on the leg???
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

We still need to color in the Koi, it's going to be yellows and oranges and hopefully that will finish that one. Then on to the next one.
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Celtic Lady

I would post mine but it seems that i never found out how to do it  :'(. Perhaps someone could give some advice on how to do it.

Shoni the Shilent

Magister

Ok.. my turn:

Back

Forearm

Armband (Look Close)
It's an Oak leaf, with Celtic Knotwork.  Around the Oak lead is Ogham.

Necklace (Look Even Closer - Sorry)

... It's a Celtic Tree of Life with a chain that goes all the way around ...  Hard to see.
Magister
Moderator: Crafting Corner, Buy + Sale + Trade

Celtic Lady

This is mine. The dragons have emerald green eyes.

LadyStitch

The Rogue asked me to post his work.  He says it is his yin and yang.   ;D 

It was taken from 2 sculpts of the characters, and then the muppet show arches.
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Zoë

12 piercings:

(Yeah, the black one in the middle is a conch, it goes all the way through the back of my ear.)

My first tattoo, when I first got it (10/2006)

And my second one, which I just got a few weeks ago:
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

RenaissanceInBlood

I'm not too sure on getting a tattoo, but the ear piercing would be cool. Think about it: You're an old grandmother or grandfather, and your grandchildren ask "What's that weird looking thing on your...?" No thanks. Not for me. With piercings, you can always take them out. They heal. Sorta. I think.

Arsinoe Selene

I have doubles in my ears. Two lobe piercings in each. Double hoops are really good. ;)

I want to get a celtic knot on my shoulderblade. Its a version of the triquetra (trinity knot), and it would be maybe 3" across at the widest point. Outlined in dark green, and shaded to look like a ribbon at the intersections.

'Course, don't tell my parents, but I was thinking about doing it as a graduation present to myself when I get my AA, and transfering to a different college. Still means at least three years, though, most likely more.

My dad has a koi and water on his calf, manta ray on his shoulderblade, and a gecko on the front of his shoulder. We joke that he should get a bloody zipper on the front of his other shoulder, because he has a big cresent shaped scar there. He wouldn't get anything on the scar, though.

My mom has a small hibiscus on her ankle, and three plumeria on her shoulderblade.

Noble Dreg

Quote from: Zoë on September 01, 2008, 06:19:10 PM
My first tattoo, when I first got it (10/2006)

I think I sawr a puddy "tat", I did I did see a puddy "tat".   ;D
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

Zoë

Well thank goodness you actually see what it is!  So many people are like, "What on earth is that?"  I've had guesses ranging from a "messed up kangaroo" to a whale to a musical staff.  Go figure!
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy