News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

How do you get your off season fix?

Started by bellevivre, July 15, 2009, 10:15:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bossmare

Join the volunteer cast or crew of your local Faire. Between our two local events, what with rehearsals, meetings, promos and social events, our Faire family is together all year long!

Dinobabe

Quote from: Bossmare on February 24, 2010, 01:59:15 PM
Join the volunteer cast or crew of your local Faire. Between our two local events, what with rehearsals, meetings, promos and social events, our Faire family is together all year long!

I would LOVE to join cast!!!  I don't have a faire close enough. :'(
I always wanted to join the Guilde of St. Lawrence at Bristol.  I love to cook!
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

LadySeasan

my first ren fair fix is to always come and visit the boards and look through the pictures :)
secondly ill watch vids from the ren fair that my husband made
then i put on my garb while im at home, lol
Clan M'Crack-Season M'Crack

Al-Nimer

I go to Middle Eastern drum (doumbek) class once a week, and the http://www.isisandthestardancers.com/ studio has a hafla about once a month.  I know it's not all "traditional" belly dance or drumming, but we are now in full "Scarby-prep" mode ;)

I've also been watching Legend of the Seeker, which I know is not "period" but I love the costumes & fight scenes!
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters

RSLeask

Sadly, I don't.  The closest I get is with various computer games (WoW or Puzzle Pirates or others of the sort).  I will listen to faire music though, and you'd probably see some familiar tunes on my playlist (though I really, really miss Shanty Raid-io). 

However, faire is for getting away from the fantasy life completely, and back to reality.  So I try to keep them separate as much as possible.
What's a Grecian Urn?  Are we talking union, or non-union?

kcdcchef

hey dont forget that groovy free credit report.com commercial, that is a way to get an off season renfaire fix!!

Lady_Claira

I found that now that I've gained friends who are involved in faires actively I get my off season fix so much more easily. Like, a bunch of us meet up once a month and we'll bring swords and choreo our own fights while chilling and having fun. I have a lot of faire friends at school now, so we'll chat about faire through the year. Our school also started a Midieval and Renaissance Research Society, so I also can go to that and we'll do all sorts of fun stuff like make garb during the year and its so much fun.

So I've found that now it is much easier to get my fix. :D
You see this training pin? It could be yours. You could learn all about wenches! And that's a promise! - My friend Mike

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Now that Sherwood Forest has opened it's gates, Texans can get faire fixes all through spring... we just have to survive our summer with TRF being the reward.  ;D   
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Blue66669

TRF has webcams! Sign up at the site for the forums there, and you'll get access to the TRF Webcams!

http://www.dragonsquest.com/
Blaidd Drwg

Lady Renee Buchanan

Our faire season runs from mid-May through the first week in October.  During the off season after Christmas and the New Year, we try to visit a faire in a warmer climate.

So far we have been to BARF in March, 2007 for St. Molden's Weekend and going again March 13-14, Tennessee for Rendezvous, May 2008, and this year we're going to RenDezvous at Scarby in April, 2010.

So much garb, so little time..........
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Merlin

I get on YouTube and watch Renaissance Festival videos.
Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

Becky10

Its getting real hard to find a way of getting my fix lately!
I usually edit faire photos and pester my personal seamstress ;) (aka mother dearest) about different projects and alterations that we can do before the next season.
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on

Aniroaldawen

My videos from '08 and '09 Faire, CDs and DVDs of faire groups, YouTubing various faires all around the country, the fan club pages of my two favorite RenFaire groups, finding new Renaissance/Celtic/pirate groups to listen to, and RF.com of course. :-) Here recently I've been really lucky; my favorite two renfaire groups, the Jolly Rogers and the Musical Blades, did a show together at a bar in February, and the Musical Blades are doing another show at a bar and grill this Saturday! I actually get to wear my garb *twice* in winter!! Of course, then I'll have all spring and summer before getting another live Faire fix at the end of August when KCRF starts back up.  But I love my faire videos; without them I'd miss faire so much more!

kulrath Bane (Dragon Slayer AZ)

I build more leather armor and save my money.  Listen to Medieval Baebes, Nightwish, and Blackmore's night.  I also watch more renaissance themed movies on Netflix. My fellow Dragon Slayers keep me up to speed by sending me photos.  I maintain our Dragon Slayer FaceBook page.  And last but not least spend a lot of time here on this website.  I too have not been able to fly down to my home faire in Arizona for two years now due to work, school and my truck dying on me and have to get a new vehicle.  Not next year though I will be in Arizona for 2011 President's Day Weekend.  WOOOHOOO!!!!!
Kulrath Bane

DonaCatalina

Well now that we have Sherwood we don't have a long off-season down here.
But sewing usually fills up my time between faires.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess