News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

How do you get your off season fix?

Started by bellevivre, July 15, 2009, 10:15:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinobabe

Start taking bellydance lessons and fall in love with it! :-*
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Stalkwell

WHAT OFF SEASON!!!

We start in late Feb, and run through Memorial day, go do a couple faires in June and July, prep in August, then faires in September through Dcember, then Dickens stuff.
Of the whole 2 month we have off, we are catching up on things we shot during the other 10 months.  Glad I'm not on cast... then the rest of the time would be gone as well.

No rest for the wicked  ;)

Stalk well...
Enthralled with the Faeriebox...

Lady Kett

Other Faires! :D

I have plotted out 2011 to have a faire at LEAST once a month. But December and January are decidedly non-faire months. Luckily I have Christmas and my birthday to tide me over! :)

Lady Rebecca

Quote from: Lady Kett on January 06, 2011, 09:54:29 PM
Other Faires! :D

I have plotted out 2011 to have a faire at LEAST once a month. But December and January are decidedly non-faire months. Luckily I have Christmas and my birthday to tide me over! :)

Wow, are you traveling far, or do you just live in a really great area?

As far as my off season, I wound up being in four shows and a choir concert during the 6 months off (May-Oct in central FL) this year. And I made new garb. And now in my Dec-Mar off season, I went to the Dickens Faire in SF (again making new garb) and I will have another show (which is why I can't get to BARF until Apr). And I'm making lots of garb for Costume College.

But in April, I'm moving back to CA, so I'm going to BARF, Scarby, and the socal Pleasure Faire! I'm soo excited!

angusmacinnes

What Kett said plus January in this area is filled with some rennie gatherings, and such.  So now all we need is for Feb to get here.  Opening day of Sherwood should be fun. ;D
There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

Lady Kett

Quote from: Lady Rebecca on January 06, 2011, 10:42:52 PM
Wow, are you traveling far, or do you just live in a really great area?

A little of both :). We've got Scarby as our local faire, TRF and Sherwood within an easy drive - those cover 6 months. Last year we made road trips to CO and MN. This year we're going to FlaRF (Deerfield Beach), CO, and want to try KC. Not sure we can manage another drive to MN though, that was about as long as I want to sit in a car! Great faire though, just a long way away!

I only have 1 month (Sept) that we're mentally uncommitted on between Feb & Nov. Of course finances have to remain in place, but I love to make plans. ;)

Gauwyn of Bracknell

We have a Minnesota FOF dinner tomorrow night - that will have to hold us for a while  :(
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

kcdcchef

the other nite I saw the old freecreditreport.com commercial where they were "stuck" playing a renaissance faire. Helped me get ye olde offseason fix a little bit.

WindChime

A group of us from the cincinnati , ohio area invade Ihops once a month in garb. We have a blast getting stared at by the mundanes and discuss our faire plans, garb dreams and just have a good time. Every March The Loveland Castleteers invade the castle for a night of grand fun. Almost like a weekend faire that stars Friday night and goes threw Sunday morning.
Chime'n Penny / Cheiftess Clan O'Maille
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF
Keeper of All Bells & Chimes
RESCU Rally Captain ORF &  KyRF

kcdcchef

Some day I gotta get back into doing the garb. I just couldnt handle tights anymore, it was rather sad looking.

Lady Renee Buchanan

There's a group of 5 of us - Steve, me, Richard, & Alan from Galena, and Carol from Wisconsin.  About once a month, Carol comes down to visit, stays with us, and the 5 of us have a Renaissance weekend.

It starts with Carol and I hitting all the thrift shops in the tri-state area, to look for things for faire such as mugs, pearl jewelry, fabric, baskets, and peasant blouses to wear with our garb.  Then on Sunday, the 5 of us dress in garb and have a Renaissance feast.  We play CDs that we bought at faire from the different performers and even try to have as much of a Renaissance dinner that we can.  Last time at Richard's house, we had bangers and mash.

This will be the third weekend so far we've had this winter, and it is so much fun!
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Lady Rebecca

Quote from: WindChime on January 26, 2011, 08:18:13 PM
A group of us from the cincinnati , ohio area invade Ihops once a month in garb. We have a blast getting stared at by the mundanes and discuss our faire plans, garb dreams and just have a good time. Every March The Loveland Castleteers invade the castle for a night of grand fun. Almost like a weekend faire that stars Friday night and goes threw Sunday morning.
That's awesome! :)

Imestra

Quote from: Lady Rebecca on January 27, 2011, 01:03:05 AM
Quote from: WindChime on January 26, 2011, 08:18:13 PM
That's awesome! :)
The Loveland Castleteers get two faire fixes each year, usually in March & November.  Folks come from Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and even farther afield.  The best part is; no need to drive home!  We sleep at the castle, most of us.
We get to wear all that heavy garb that is too hot in the summer faire season, drink, eat, drink, sing, drink, flirt, drink, tour the castle, and there is always plenty of ale & mead. 
Come join us!
Check out the Castleteers forum just under Ohio. 
The more, the merrier!
We are all of us in the gutters, but some of us are lookin at the stars

1stmatematt

Off season? Is there in an off season? We have maybe 3 weeks out of the year without a show somewhere. :)
1stMateMatt AKA Matt Stagmer
Co-Owner of Baltimore Knife and Sword
Assistant Editor of Pirates Magazine

Lady Renee Buchanan

Some Photos from our Renaissance Dinner

A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich