News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Your Fave Halloween Movies

Started by maelstrom0370, October 18, 2008, 07:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Neysa

I'm not into horror flicks.  The old great classics are ok because they are suspenseful without all the blood and gore shock flicks of today.  The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown will always be my all time favorite!  I have to admit that I like all the above mentioned kiddie flicks too!  Halloweentown series was cute.  Also Casper with Christina Ricci.  Beetlejuice and Hocus Pocus are a riot! 

maelstrom0370

Here's a couple more I've had rattling around in me brain lately....

Let's Scare Jessica To Death

and

Burnt Offerings

I haven't seen either since I was a kid, but I've been looking for them lately.  Wanna see if they hold up well.

groomporter

A fun spooky one from 1965. I remember watching it on TV as a kid once on New Year's Eve.
Two on A Gullotine http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059837/

Duke Duquesne (Cesar Romero), an eccentric magician, accidentally beheads his young wife Melinda (Connie Stevens) with a prop guillotine during a stage performance. Their two-year-old daughter is sent away for 20 years to live with an aunt. News of her father's death brings the daughter (also played by Stevens) back to attend the funeral. The following day, she is told he left a rather odd will. She will inherit her father's estate on the condition that she stay in his creepy mansion for seven nights in a row -alone.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Anna Iram

I was out running about in a corn field maze today so this one came to mind. I was pretty sure Malachi was gonna get me.

Good cast (Linda Hamilton for one) spooky premise.

http://www.answers.com/topic/children-of-the-corn-film-1

Rani Zemirah

Still not old school enough. Check out Whoever Slew Auntie Roo (1971) with Shelley Winters, or Gaslight (1944).

And what about the original Carrie??? A little pigs blood, anyone?
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Var Greyshadow

The Addams Family and Addams Family Values - hilarious!
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"

Lord Dragonspyre

Halloween - a rubber William Shatner mask painted white was never so scary

Friday the 13th - some of them got kinda stupid, but it's still frightening. Especially when Jason Voorhees is played by Kane Hodder

See No Evil - I know it's a WWE film, but damn Kane is a scary mofo. Plus, you'll never listen to "Jesus Loves the Little Children" the same way again.
Corrupting Impressionable Youths Since 1976.

IBRSC#1475, RMG#820, IFRP#1276
Horseman of Debauchery

KeeperoftheBar

How about "The Changeling" with George C. Scott.  The wheelchair scene gets me every time as well as the rubber ball down the stairs.  A good scary movie with no gore.
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

maelstrom0370

Quote from: Lord Dragonspyre on October 20, 2008, 07:30:45 AM
Friday the 13th - some of them got kinda stupid, but it's still frightening. Especially when Jason Voorhees is played by Kane Hodder

I'm with ya on 1 and 2, after that they got WAY stupid...although Jason X is good for the cheese factor!  ;)

See No Evil - I know it's a WWE film, but damn Kane is a scary mofo. Plus, you'll never listen to "Jesus Loves the Little Children" the same way again.

That's it!!  I am hereby revoking your "Horror Movie Fan" card.   :P

Lord Dragonspyre

Quote from: maelstrom0370 on October 20, 2008, 07:56:47 AM

I'm with ya on 1 and 2, after that they got WAY stupid...although Jason X is good for the cheese factor!  ;)

Oh come on, Cyborg Jason was awesome! That and the one-liners... "We LOVE premarital sex!"

That's it!!  I am hereby revoking your "Horror Movie Fan" card.   :P

Well, I watch them more for the laughter factor than anything else. That and when I need to build up an appetite. For some reason I tend to get hungry during gory movies. Does that make me a sociopath?

Horseman of Debauchery

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

American Werewolf in London is by far my fav.
For comody horror. The Ghost and Mr Chicken with Don Knotts

Others I like
Any of the Christopher Lee Count Dracula Hammer horror films
Abomnible Dr Phibes with Vincent Price
John Carpenters The Thing
Bram Stokers Dracula even though everytime Keanu speaks I hear Bill and Ted's Excellant Adventure
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Lord Dragonspyre

Quote from: Anna Iram on October 19, 2008, 07:10:07 PM
I was out running about in a corn field maze today so this one came to mind. I was pretty sure Malachi was gonna get me.

LOL

"OUTLANDER!!!! I HAVE YOUR WOMAN!!!"

Horseman of Debauchery

Captain Jack Wolfe

The grand daddy of slasher flicks...

Psycho

The original Hitchcock film, of course.
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

maelstrom0370

Quote from: Mad Jack Wolfe on October 20, 2008, 09:19:51 AM
The grand daddy of slasher flicks...

Psycho

The original Hitchcock film, of course.

"I'd like to rent a room."
*Peek, peek, peek*
*Shower, shower, shower*
*SQUEE! SQUEE! SQUEE! SQUEE!*
"Norman? Is that you?
"Mother!!"

maelstrom0370

Quote from: Lord Dragonspyre on October 20, 2008, 09:08:02 AM
Quote from: Anna Iram on October 19, 2008, 07:10:07 PM

LOL

"OUTLANDER!!!! I HAVE YOUR WOMAN!!!"

Dem!!  Malachi and that wierd little Joseph/Jacob/Joshua/Whatever kid used to freak me out!!