News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Stage and Lane performers for 2011 Scarborough

Started by Berit, December 03, 2010, 03:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berit

Hey everybody,
Thought that I would give you all a heads up on where we stand on performers who have returned their contracts and been scheduled for this season's Scarborough Renaissance Festival.

War Horse Productions (Joust), Last Chane Forever (Birds of Prey Show), Don Juan and Miguel, Wine and Alchemy, the Fire Whip Show, the German Brothers, Daniel Duke of Danger, Queen Anne's Lace, Fool Hearty, Turtle Man, Jim Hancock, Donal Hinely, Stonhenj, and SloanWolfe (Bagpipe Band, Yippee!). I will try to keep everyone posted as we get in new contracts.

The new Crown Stage is unbelievable and will host a series of rotating acts on a one or two week basis.  Our Entertainment Director is trying to line up some pretty incredible acts that I think you will really like.

Wishing you music, merriment and magic,
Sir Berit of Miller

Merlin the Elder

Very much looking forward to 2011 season! Can't wait to see the Crown Stage.  You planning on keeping it cool for the first few weekends?
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Lady Kett

Huzzah to Bagpipes!!!! Crown Stage definitely sounding like a fun place.

raevyncait

Quote from: Berit on December 03, 2010, 03:38:44 PM
Hey everybody,
Thought that I would give you all a heads up on where we stand on performers who have returned their contracts and been scheduled for this season's Scarborough Renaissance Festival.

War Horse Productions (Joust), Last Chane Forever (Birds of Prey Show), Don Juan and Miguel, Wine and Alchemy, the Fire Whip Show, the German Brothers, Daniel Duke of Danger, Queen Anne's Lace, Fool Hearty, Turtle Man, Jim Hancock, Donal Hinely, Stonhenj, and SloanWolfe (Bagpipe Band, Yippee!). I will try to keep everyone posted as we get in new contracts.

The new Crown Stage is unbelievable and will host a series of rotating acts on a one or two week basis.  Our Entertainment Director is trying to line up some pretty incredible acts that I think you will really like.

Wishing you music, merriment and magic,
Sir Berit of Miller

So will there be a full season of bagpipes this year, or will it be a limited run?
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

Berit

@Merlin - You're the weather wizard.  I am counting on you to take care of that.

There will indeed be a full season of bagpipes.  All of our entertainers will be full season contracts this year with the exception of the rotating acts that are sharing the Crown Stage with Don Juan and Miguel.

Sir Berit of Miller

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: Berit on December 08, 2010, 10:47:24 AM
@Merlin - You're the weather wizard.  I am counting on you to take care of that.

I'll do what I can, Sir Berit, but the further I am from my own shire, the less power I have over weather...yeah, that sounds good. Let's go with that excuse.  ;D

BagPipeBabe

CAN'T WAIT!!!! I am so glad there will be a bagpipe band this year. The fair last year was too quiet.
AND with Lars Sloan and Jimmy Michell they have to be good!!

ArielCallista

Faire was so quiet last year with out the bagpipes in the background...any word on Zilch the Torysteller?
Things are shaping up to be...
Pretty. Odd.

VIII

If anyone cares, there will be the same King Henry VIII and Queen Anne Boleyn as well as Queen Margaret o' Scotland, just in-case you were wondering.
Former King Henry VIII
Renaissance Magazine Issue #66 Cover Boy

BagPipeBabe

Quote from: VIII on December 30, 2010, 03:28:19 AM
If anyone cares, there will be the same King Henry VIII and Queen Anne Boleyn as well as Queen Margaret o' Scotland, just in-case you were wondering.

Your majesty we would nerve dream it other wise.

Lady Kett

Huzzah to that!

LadyStitch

It wouldn't be Scarby with out you , Your Majesty  ;D
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Merlin

We all care, your majesty. So glad the Queen of Scotland will return also..... rumors floated about that she may not.

KUDOS to Scarby for getting the Fire Whip guy back also..... that was AWESOME !

My dad will have to handle the weather for opening weekend.... Queen Bonnie and I will take care of the rest of faire's weather. I'm cooking up something in the line of 72-77 degrees... with a very slight wind to cool it down a bit... rain on Tuesday thru Thursday...clear all weekend long. How's that?
Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

Merlin the Elder

I'll do what I can, son...but seeing how I have a little more fur, I'm going to try to keep the temperature down a few degrees...

Merlin

Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making