News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Swords and bows

Started by Lady Amy of York, May 10, 2008, 12:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Amy of York

ClereonSwiftarrow
The Sire of Swift

201 Posts
Posted - 01/25/2008 :  16:13:01       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wake up in the inn bed with Alanna in my arms. When I look up I see a figure in front of me, but my eyes are still adjusting. When it clears up I see Maggie.

"Maggie..?"

"We have to go, now. Ashmith has found a band of Vyru following our tail."

"Vyru? Why would Vyru follow us...?

"They aren't alone, a small dragonling is with them."

Suddenly things get tense in the room.

"What did it look like?" I ask

"Smaller than normal...it had a red strip across his nose, looked like a scar."

I lay back down and in anger I punch the wall, waking Alanna up.

Alanna sits up and covers herself with the blanket, she looks bewildered and asks whats happening. Maggie explains to her what she told me.

"Dornus Starsong..." I say.

"Someone of your tribe?" Maggie aks.

"Yes, he is my half brother. My father had a first wife who died when giving birth to Dornus. My father re-married and they had me, after I was born Dornus felt that my father betrayed him and ran away. I didn't see him again untill Maltavian attacked, he is an underling of his...or an apprentice if you will."

The room remains quiet and Alanna and Maggie look to each other for something to say.

"Well we better get moving, Maggie if you don't mind...we'd like to put our clothes on..."

"Oh..sorry..." Maggie says as she closes the door behind her.

"I'm sorry Drake, I didn't know you had any siblings."

"It's alright, we were never close, he always had a insatiable hatred for me."

We start to put our clothes back on and suddenly Alanna looks at me and grabs my arm.

"You know we may not be able to do this again for some time..."

Before either of us can say anymore we jump back in bed and make love one last time..

We finally emerge out of the inn where the look on Maggies face shows a lack of patience and we start our trek once more to her keep.

Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Lady Amy of York

Lady Amy of York
noble lady/horsebreeder/ pirate captain

1947 Posts
Posted - 01/26/2008 :  16:32:25           
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We mount our horses and start to make off for the keep. I glance back at the tavern.
" Hold up," i shout to Drake and Maggie. I turn my horse around and head back towards the tavern.
" Where are you going now ?" demands Drake.
" I'm not fleeing from you if that is what you are worrying about dear," I say to him with a smile," I have something i want to give William."
I dismount my orsein front of the tavern, go running in, and look around for William. I spot him cleaning some tables.
" Back so soon," smiles William.
" I have something to give you," i say to him. I slip off one of my gold rings and hand it to him.
" I can't take this," he says to me.
" Please William," I say to him," I want you to have this. You are a good man and a good friend."
" Thankyou Anna," says William giving me a hug," You will be missed around here lass. Sure i can't talk you both into staying ?"
" Anna is it now ?" says a voice from behind me," Her name is princess Alanna, atleast it was when i knew her."
" You have me mistaken for someone else sir," I replie without turning around.
" No, you are Alaana," says the voice," I would recognise that face and figure anywhere. Still as beautiful as ever."
I turn around to face the voice . Infront of me stand one of my ex beaus. A man by the name of Dorrian. He had onced tried to court me , but I turn him down. Matter of fact, it was he who introduced me to Jeter. I realize this and i start to get nervous. Where is Jeter (Maltivian ) now ?
" Excuse me," I say and go rushing by him and out the door. I quickly mount my horse and say to Drake and Maggie who have been waiting for me outside,
" Lets get out of here quickly."
" Alanna, love," says Drake in a concern voice," What is wrong? You look like you have seen a ghost ?"
I don't say anything. Instead i kepp thinking of Dorrian's name. Why does that name bother me? Then it dawns on me. Dorrian-Dornus ..no.no.no.nono.
" Drake," i ay to him," tell me what your brother looks like ?"
"Why?" asks Drake, " I rather not talk about him."
" I want to be able to recognise him," i say to Drake," incase we should cross paths."
" He is medium height, stocky built, blond hair, dark grey eyes, and has a star shaped birthmark on his right cheek."
I almost fall off of my horse when Drake says that. Dorrian and Dornus are the same person, their is no doubt. No wonder he intoduced me to Jeter. He was working for him all along. I suddenly feel sick and lean over my horse and heave.
Darke notices and summons to Maggie to stop. He dismounts his horse and walks over to me.
"Are you alright," he says to me.
"I'm fine," i say heaving again, just missing Drake.
" Give me your hand," says Drake lifting me off of my horse . My legs are shaking and i fall to the ground.
"You are not fine," says Drake," Your sick."
" Or umm," says Maggie witha smile, walking up to offer a hand,"she could be with child." Drake looks at Maggie and then at me.
" Thats not it," i say to them," It's just nerves,i say heaving again."
Drake picks me up and caries me over to a shady place under a tree.
" Stay here with Maggie," he says ," while i go get some water."
Maggie sits down beside me, amd smiles.
" So we have a wee little one on the way," she says.
" That's not it," I say," Maggie when i went back inside the tavern ,I saw a man that i use to know by the name of Dorrian. A man that once courted me, a man that eventually introduced me to his friend Jeter."
" Oh !" exclaims Maggie.
" There is more," I add," Dorrian is Dornus. He is Drake's brother. That is why i feel so sick. He and Jeter were working together all along."
" You need to tell Drake," says Maggie.
" How do i tell him that i was once courted by his brother?" i say," and that is just part of it. I was once betrothed to him, but i called the marriage off, because i did not love him."
" Oh dear !" says Maggie.
" Tell me about it ," i say and heave again. Maggie places her hand on my stomach.
" What are you doing?" i ask.
" I know a bit of magic myself," smiles Maggie," Yep, just as i guessed. You are with child. "
" So soon," I say," We have only mated a few times."
" it only takes ne time dear," smiles Maggie," Besides you are no ordinary human or dragon."
" I'm carrying Drake's child," i say witha smile.
" Not just one child, three," says Maggie.
" Three !" i say almost fainting.
" Yes," says Maggie," You are carrying two part human, part dragon children, a boy and a girl, and one full blooded dragon."
" I thought Dragons hatched out of eggs ?' i said.
" Normally yes," says Maggie," But like i said you are no ordinary dragon. You have human, dragon, elf, and fairie blood in you."
" Oh my ," i say and heave again.
" How is the patient Maggie ?" asks Drake approaching with fresh water for me to drink.
" The four of them are doing just fine ," says Maggie with a smile.

Lady Amy of York

ClereonSwiftarrow
The Sire of Swift

201 Posts
Posted - 01/26/2008 :  17:56:40       

I stop in my tracks and give Maggie a funny look

"Maggie, are you seeing things?" I say as I laugh.

"Not at all, you asked how the patient was and I said the 4 of them are fine. Alanna and the 3 children growing in her womb." Maggie says very non-chalantly and skips away with a smile.

I nearly spill all the water and Alanna gives me a puppy look.

I hand the water to Alanna to drink and after she finishes I take her in my arms. "Well now I have more people to protect, eh?"

Alanna smiles and squeezes me tightly.

"Drake, I should tell you something, but I do not want you getting upset."

"I won't my love, you can tell me anything."

"Well, several years ago, I courted a man named Dorrian..."

I look at her for a moment wondering what she is getting at

"And..."

"And...it was a long time ago, and I just ran into him at the inn, which was the reason I started feeling ill."

"Why would an old flame have that effect on you?" I ask. "Still in love with him...?" I say again before trailing off.

"No Drake, he's really your brother..Dornus. He introduced me to Jeter, and now it looks as if they are working together. I'm so sorry Drake."

My brother...here...this close...a feeling is stirring in my heart which I havn't felt in a long time. I never cared for him, but never fully hated him. Right now though...I want nothing more than to kill him by my own hand.

"So I see you have a new play toy my brother..."

I turn quickly to see Dornus right behind me.

He starts laughing loudly. "I hate to tell you but your carrying used goods there my friend."

I struggle not to take his life, but I don't want Alanna and Maggie getting caught up in our feud. It will only make things harder, and he will have the upper hand in the situation.

Lady Amy of York

Lady Amy of York

1947 Posts
Posted - 01/26/2008 :  18:20:32           

" Don't listen to him Drake," I say," He has never touched me, nor will he ever. The only man i ever been with is you ."
" You don't remember that time you were drunk and we made love in your bedchamber," says Dornus to me.
" You are a liar," i hiss. I leap up and lunge at him, wanting to kill him on the spot, but still being weak from heaving, he he gets the upper hand on me and grabs me. Then he pulls out a knife and holds it to my throat.
" Don't anyone move," he shouts.
" Drake !," I cry out.
" Why you Bas.... !!" shouts Drake and starts to lunge towards Dornus, but Maggie grabs his arm and stops him.
" Drake, you could harm the children she is carrying ," she says to him.
Dornus hears Maggie and smiles.
" So we are with child are we," he says . He takes the sword from my throat and presses it against my stomach.
" Please no," i say. I try to get away, but I feel Dornus press the sword even more into me. Thank goodness i am wearing several layers of clothes to keep warm. The knife cuts at my skirt.
" I won't harm them or you for now," says Dornus," Just start walking backwards."

Lady Amy of York

ClereonSwiftarrow
The Sire of Swift

201 Posts
Posted - 01/26/2008 :  18:45:08       

Dornus slow steps back with Alanna strapped against him, sword to her stomache.

"Dornus you know you're no match for me, your half human, I'm full dragon, a Dragon Lord of the Starsong clan."

"Of course I know I'm no match for you, why else would I be taking a hostage, you idiot. You don't think I'd show up without a plan? HA! I don't have any intentions of dying today, especially not to my half-wit brother."

I notice Alanna making a weird face, and then looking at her stomach I realize she formed scales to defend from his blade. I start running towards Dornus and he looks confused by the action.

"What? You fool!" Dornus yelles as he attempts to slice open Alanna's stomache, but instead gets the grating of steel on steel. He looks down confused but as he looks up, my well placed fist lands right in his face. Dornus flies backwards and hits a tree. He then lets out a loud shrill and starts taking dragon form.

"I don't think so, I should of killed you long ago. I will attone for that mistake now!" I spread my wings and pull out the Hireens Arm, it glows a florescent blue and looks beautiful to the eye. Dornus charges as me, but theres nothing he can do. I wave Hireens Arm in front of him and without even touching him, the impact instantly turns his body to ash which gets carried away in the wind.

I take apart Hireens Arm and put it back in my pack. I turn and Maggie and Alanna are just looking at me like they seen a ghost.

"That was Hireens Arm, the dragon killer. Hireen, mother of the dragons created it to defeat the evil in this world. My brother had a dark heart which caused it to glow so brightly and wisk him away from this world."

We sat in silence for several more moments when suddenly a horse tred upon us. The man Robert, with Leona at his back.

Lady Amy of York

Lady Amy of York

1947 Posts
Posted - 01/26/2008 :  18:59:56           

I sit trembling and shaken. How could I have let my guard down. He could have killed he children i was carrying. I begin to weep.
" What is wrong with her ?" asks Leona.
" She is with child ," says Drake.
" Why Drake, you old stud," teases Leona.
Drake can sense that i am really upset and walks over to me.
" Alanna ,"he says to me gently kissing me on the cheek," Come walk with me." He takes my hand and we walk for a short ways, not saying a word to each other. Finally we stop and he pulls me into his arms and holds me close.
I begin to cry and then i lookup at him and say :
" I'm sorry Drake. You had to kill your only brother because of me, and whats worse i put our children in harms way. I can understand if you are angry at me. Please forgive me."

Lady Amy of York

ClereonSwiftarrow
The Sire of Swift

201 Posts
Posted - 01/26/2008 :  19:28:38       

I look at Alanna and smile.

"He wasn't my brother, he never was. His dark heart isn't capable of love or emotion towards anyone, friend, family, or otherwise. You amazing in the situation, you didnt put anyone in danger, you couldnt possibly forsee his plan."

Alanna just holds me tighter

"Come on, we have some more travelling to do."

Alanna nods. I pick her up in my arms and carry her back to the others.

Deborah
Advanced Member

929 Posts
Posted - 01/27/2008 :  08:59:39       

After a few hours of riding, I point over toward the East.

"Now, if you can all stop going off on your own, my keep is right over that ridge," I say half jokingly. I've been worried about Alanna and Drake, and more so now that Alanna is with child and dragonling. I tell Ashmith to fly ahead and tell the Sage Women to ready the rooms for them. I mentally contact my sister and tell her we should be arriving in the morning, barring any more unforseen delays.

I call back to Drake, and he comes forward to talk to me.

"Tell me now, if there is any more I should know. Alanna does not need any more surprises. I know that you rode with my sister, and I know that you have been in our lands before. Is there anything, and I do mean anything, that would upset her further? I have been gone from my lands for a while, and have not kept up with the daily comings and goings of my keep."

Drake looked at me, thought for a few minutes, and replied "No, not that I am aware of."

"Good," I replied. "Go back to Alanna. I have sent Ashmith on to have the rooms readied, and told my sister that we should be arriving in the morning. The Sage Women will check on your progeny upon arrival, to make sure they are healthy and strong, and a feast is being readied."

Hearing the word 'feast,' Tugs poked his nose out from under my cloak and sniffed the wind. "Soon, my friend," I said as I patted his head.

Lady Amy of York

After long adventure we finally arrive at Maggies keep. We walk up to a massive draw bridge which is already lowered for us. Through the doorway a wisp comes flying and in a burst of light appears before us. Its Maggies sister.

"Maggie!" She yells as she gives her a hug. "I misse...." She suddenly stops mid sentence.

She looks at me once, walks over and curtsies, when I bow I get an uppercut and see black for a momeent before I land on my rear end.

"I probably deserved that."

"Damned right you did, thats what you get. Last time I saw you, you were going to get our horses and never came back. You took all those rubies for yourself, you two timing backstabber!"

"Hey now, you got it all wrong, I never even got the rubies! I went to get the horses and seen my brother, I took off and lured him away so you wouldnt get hurt by him. I was merely protecting your best interests. I didnt even look for the rubies, if you don't recall I left the map with you!"

Alanna and Maggie stare at the two of us for a long time.

Lady Amy of York

"Another ex-girlfriend of yours Drake," I say to him not very amused,"How many does this make now ?"
Ashmith comes flying in and lands on Maggie's shoulder.
" Oh this don't look good," he says," Old girlfriend meet new girlfriend ."
"Ryza and I are old friends," insists Drake," nothing more."
" That is what they all say," says Ashmith.
" Watch it bird," snaps Drake," Or else you may become dinner."
Ashmith squawks and flies away.
"I think I would like to go rest before dinner," I say, and then I turn to Drake and say,
" Just remember I am the one carrying your children."Then I storm out of the room.
" What's wrong with her ?" asks Drake," What did I do ?"
" Well first you tell her I was a ex girlfriend," says Leona," then you tell her that Ryza was an old friend. Smooth move."
" But Alanna knows that i love her," replies Drake.
" You know nothing about pregnant woman , do you Drake ?" laughs Leona.
" What does that mean !" exclaims Drake.
" Hormones, and mood swings " says Maggie.
" How long does that last?" asks Drake
" Nine months," laughs Leona," Or is it longer when you are a dragon ?"
Maggie and Leona start laughing hysterically.
" I'm in big trouble ," sighs Drake.
" What else is new ?" teases Leona. Drake glares at her not feeling very amused.
" You are a big help," he says to her.
"Well" says Leona," You could get yourself out of hot water by giving Leona the yuletide gift you were going to give her."

Lady Amy of York

ClereonSwiftarrow
The Sire of Swift

201 Posts
Posted - 01/27/2008 :  19:56:58       

I sit on a ground a little longer and shake my head.

I look at Leona and stick out my tongue.

"I can't give her my yuletide gift yet....not untill the time is right."

"Uhh yeah, I think now is as right a time as ever..." Leona responds.

"You don't understand...I just can't"

"If you say so.." Leona then walks away. Robert shrugs and follows her in.

I lay back and stare off into the sky. "9 months huh..." ::sigh::

I doze off and several minutes later awaken to someone calling my name. I jump up, brush myself off, and continue on to the keep where something smells wonderful.

"Finally..some real food...."

Lady Amy of York

Deborah
Advanced Member

929 Posts
Posted - 01/29/2008 :  08:57:29       

My sister and I see Drake coming toward us. When Drake sees Ryza, he stops short. She laughed and said "Don't worry, I won't hit you again." When he got closer, both my sister and I put an arm around him and escorted him toward the feast that was laid out. Tugs was jumping around my feet, so I scooped him up in my other arm.

"The Sage Women have checked Alanna, and she and your progeny are doing fine," I told him, "Your rooms are ready for you to sleep in after the feast if you so desire."

"Thank you Maggie and Ryza, but where is Alanna now?" Drake asked.

"She is waiting for you at the tables," Ryza answered. "I understand your journey took a bit longer than expected, Maggie told me of it while we talked. I have posted guards to keep us informed of any outsiders that may come here."

We walked to where the feast was laid out, and Drake walked to Alanna's side. "The children are fine," she said when she saw Drake. "I know, Maggie told me," he replied.

Lady Amy of York

Lady Amy of York

1947 Posts
Posted - 01/29/2008 :  12:20:27           

"Wait a minute," says Drake,in abit of shock," You are talking to me now. Does that mean you are not mad at me anymore ?"
"Why would i be mad at you dear?" i say with a smile.
" Oh brother," sighs Drake," Woman, I guess will never figure them out."
" It's has only taken you 800 years to realize that," I tease. Then i help myself to three turkey legs, 5 slices of roast beef, 3 chicken legs, and a huge bowl of yams.
" You are going to eat all of that!" exclaims Drake who stares at me in bewilderment.
" I'm eating for four now," I replie, and then I turn to Maggie and say," Everything looks wonderful. I am so grateful for your hospitality, that I hate to ask you for a certain favor that i request of you."
" Please, don't hesitate," says Maggie," What favor do you request."
" I want my mother,my adopted mother, to know about the babies. She would be so thrilled. Plus i want to make sure she is okay."
" Alanna,it is not safe for you to go back there," says Drake in an alarmed tone.
" I know that" I remark back," That is why I am asking Maggie to send Ashmith."
" It is too risky," says Drake, "What is Maltivian finds him, and fellows him."
" With no disrespect to Ashmith," I say," But he looks like any other ordinary bird.He would just blend in with the other birds in the forest."
Ashmith lets out a squawk and a hoot.
" Ordinary bird...why I'll let you know that i am fluent in seven languages ," says Ashmith flying out of the room.
" That went well,"I say.
" Especially since he still has not forgiven Drake for threatening to have him for dinner," laughs Leona.
" You did what ?" I say to Drake.
" Don't worry about Ashmith," assures Maggie," He is always getting his tail feathers in a dither. I will send him to Farland for you Alanna."
" I 'm not crazy about the idea," protests Drake," I still say he could lead them back to us."
" Please Drake," I say to him with a puppy dog look on my face, "For me and the children."
"Oh you play dirty," says Drake with a laugh,"Very well,Ashmith can go,but Magggie I will ask that guards be placed around the keep, just incase he is followed back here."

Lady Amy of York

Lady Amy of York

1947 Posts
Posted - 01/29/2008 :  19:41:43           

Meanwhile word has gotten back to Maltivian on the death of Dornus.
"That fool, I should have never sent a weakling like that to do a man's job," Maltivian growls.
A lone scout rides up to him and adresses him and says,
" Mi lord ,I just came from a small village up ahead. Their was quite abit of talk among the villagers about a fair skinned, auburn haired maiden who had a voice and face like an angel who was staying at the tavern there."
" Alanna," smiles Maltivian with an evil grin," Move out," he shouts to the soldiers behind him."Search every part of the tavern. Don't let anyone escape and if they won't talk burn the place."

ClereonSwiftarrow
The Sire of Swift

201 Posts
Posted - 01/31/2008 :  12:37:16       

Many hours pass and the dinner really hit the spot. It's late and Alanna is fast asleep, though for myself, I'm very irritated tonight. I'm unable to sleep, for I feel something is going to happen. I pace the length of the keep wall, greeting the guards as I pass them. Suddenly a small voice breaks the silence.

"Help!!! Someone please help!"

It's hard to make the figure out in the dead of night. As it gets closer I see it's a small girl, Aeryn, who sang with us at the inn.

When the girl see's me the look on her face brightens up a little.

"Drake!" Yells the girl as she jumps up into my arms and cries.

"What happened Aeryn?"

"The inn is burned to the ground, they came looking for someone name Alanna, I think they were confusing her with Anna. They tried finding out where she went and when know one told them, they burned it down and killed most of the village."

"Did anyone follow you!?"

"I don't think so, I was in the cellar when it happened and I went out the secret entrance which comes out far outside the village."

I don't want to say anything to make her feel worse, but I assume her parents were among those slaughtered. I pick Aeryn up and carry her into the keep. As I pass the guards I fill them in on what happened.

I head to the room set for me and Alanna and as I reach it, Aeryn is already fast asleep.

I open the door quietly, but not quiet enough as Alanna wakes up. She looks at me with a curious look and then jumps out of bed.

"Is that Aeryn?" Alanna asks.

"Yeah...she needs some sleep. Someone razed the village to the ground and took all the villagers with it. I'm guessing it was Maltavian because they came looking for you."

Alanna's face turned pale.

"They died..because of me?..."

"Alanna...."

Lady Amy of York

Deborah
Advanced Member

929 Posts
Posted - 01/31/2008 :  17:09:01       

I wasn't able to sleep well, and heard some whispering out beyond the wall. I stood up from my bed, and put on my cloak. I watched as Drake carried a small person in his arms back to his rooms. Tugs noticed I had arisen and stretched, coming to my side. When I picked him up, I thought to myself that something in the air did not feel right. I patted Tugs, and said "Come, my friend, we need to awaken Ryza and go see Alanna and Drake."

Lady Amy of York

1947 Posts
Posted - 02/01/2008 :  01:24:45           

I pace back and forth across the bedroom floor thinking about the poor villagers. My heart is full of pain,sorrow , and then anger . I have never felt this angry before.I let out to my surprise, a loud dragon roar, and then i pick up a vase on a table, and throw it across the room. It makes a loud crashing noise.
" What the !" exclaims Drake, being suddenly awaken by the loud noise. Then he sees me start to pick up a chair and throw it.
" Alanna,"he shouts to me,"Take it easy."
" I can't help it," I say to him, picking up the chair and throwing it across the room, and letting out a loud roar.
" Oh man !" sighs Drake.
"What?" I shout.
"You have got yourself so angry that it has stirred up your dragon fury, and you never want to get a dragon angry."
I turn and look at Drake . I try to calm myself down, but then i get one of my visions. I see William, and flames all around him. I let out a scream and then go storming out of the room.
Drake goes running after me.
" Alanna, wait up," he calls to me.
Maggie,Ryza and Leona and Robert hear him shouting and come running. I charge pass them almost knocking Leona and Ryza down in the process.
" What is wrong with her? "asks Ryza .
" Dragon fury," says Leona," I can see it in her eyes."
I make it down the stairs and through the halls to a door that leads outside. I let out another loud roar, and transform into a dragon and go flying off.
"We need to stop her," says Drake to Leona. They both transform themselves into dragons and go flying after me.
" Alanna, talk to us," says Drake calling after me. I dive down and set a row of trees on fire with my breath.
" I would say she is mad ," says Leona.
" I have never seen her act this way," says Drake.
" What brought this on?" asks Leona.
" She blames herself fro the villagers deaths," replies Drake.
" Let me talk to her," says Leona. She flies ahead and catches up with me.
" Alanna,I know you are hurting," says Leona.
"You don't know how I feel," i snap back at her.
"Yes,I do," says Leona, " I watched my own parents die when Maltivian burned my viilage."
" I need to go to the tavern" I say fighting back the tears," I need to find William."
"What if there is no one alive ?" asks Leona.
" He is alive, I can feel it,"I cry.
Drake comes up beside us. Leona informs him that I want to go to the tavern.
" It is too dangerous," says Drake," How do we know it is not a trap. Maltivian could b there waiting for you."
" I am going," I say to him" William needs our help. I'm not about to let another person die because of me. You are welcome to come along."
" Alanna, please rethink this,"pleas Drake.
"Drake I love you, " I say to him," But if you try to stop me from saving William and any of the others, you will leave me no choice but to hurt you."
Drake realizes he can not argue me. H e sighs and says to me," Leona and I are coming with you."
" Why do you always get me into theses things Drake," says Leona.
We head towards the tavern. No one says a word to each other. It seems to take forever to get there, but finally i spot the village uphead, or should i say what was left of the village. All around small houses, huts, and farms are burnt to the ground. Some are still smoldering. The smell of smoke and death fills the air. The horror and destruction makes me want to scream.
" Alanna,you don't need to see this," Drake says to me," Let me look for William."
" I'm okay, I need to see this," I say to him. We land on the ground and transform ourselves back into human form.
" Stay close,"Drake says to me. We walk along past burning huts. The stench is terrible and i feel like i am going to be sick.
" You okay?" Drake says to me.
" I just need to...." i say but then I stop as I see some movement in some bushes upahead.
" Drake," I whisper and point towards the bushes.
"Stay here," Drake says to me. H e goes walking slowly towards the bushes with his sword in his hand. He is about to charge into the bushes when i come up behind him and startle him.
" I thought i told you to stay put."he says glaring at me.
" I'm the stronger, more powerful one," I said to him," I'm here to cover your butt, and what nice buns they are dear." I smile at him.
" Flattery is going to get you no where miss," says Drake," I told you to....." A soft crying sound coming from the bushes stops him from saying anything else.
" Drake, that sounds like a child," I say to him, walking infront of him.
" Alanna,it could be a trap.Be careful," says Drake. I walk into the bushes. Sitting ahead of me all huddled up together are five small children. 2 boys and three girls. The oldest boy looks to be between the ages of 6 and 8. The youngest between 3 and five. The oldest girl look around 6 and the younger one must be between 1 and 2. The older of the two girls is holding a small female infant, that does not look very old. I kneel down infront of them.
" It is alright, I won't hurt you." I say to them, and then I call to Drake," Alright mighty,brave dragon, come save me from these ferocious beasts here."
" What are you talking about ?" shouts Drake back. Then he walks into the bushes and sees me with the children, and smiles and says
" You look like an angel kneeling there before them."
" We can't leave them here," I say to Drake.
" We will take them back to Maggie's keep with us," says Drake.
"I still need to look for William." I say to Drake.Leona approaches.
" Stay with the children," Drake says to Leona.
" Oh sure, now i'm a nanny," protests Leona.
"It will be good practice for when Alanna and I have our children."
" Nothing can prepare me for taking care of your kids," replies Leona," With you and Alanna as parents, lord help us."
" Just stay with the children please," says Drake. Leona sighs and shrugs her shoulders.
Drake and I head towards the tavern to find William. It is still smoldering, but part of the structure is still in tact. Drake and I walk through the smoldering ruins. I see something standing up among the rubble. It is the harp i played that belonged to William's wife.
" Drake, look," I say to him,pointing at the harp," We can't leave it here. It meant so much to William. " Then i hear a loud moan, and then a voice calls out,
" Is someone there,I hear voices. Help me,I'm trapped."
" William," i shout," William where are you ?"
" In the back storage room," calls William.
Drake and i race towards the storage room.
"Stay behind me," says Drake," Just in case he has company of the wrong kind." I nod, and we slowly enter the storage room. We spot William. He leg is trapped under a large fallen beam.
" Hang on William," i say to him.
" I'll lift the beam, while you pull him out," Drake says to me. Drake grabs onto to the beam. He struggles with it, but he finally manges to lift it, and i quickly pull William free. He tries to stand, but he is leg is badly broken.
" Well have to carry him back," says Drake.
" It's along walk," I reply," Plus we have the children. I have a better idea."
I turn to William. I can not explain what you are about to see, but i need you to trust me.
" I do," says William," You are a good person Anna, or should I say princess Alanna."
" You know who i really am now?" i ask him.
" I recognised you from the moment you walked into my tavern,"William said,"I use to travel to your kingdom alot with my wife. she loved the shops there."
I smile at him and kiss him gently on the forehead, and then i focus on my powers i have to shape shift into animals, which even though i am pregnant, surprisingly i can still do, and I turn myself into a horse.
" Put him on my back," i say to Drake. Drake helps William unto me, who is in a bit of shock and daze after seeing what i this did.
" Someday I will explain everything to you William," i say to him," Now lets go find Leona, and the children. I don't feel comfortable here. It was too easy for us to enter here. Why did Maltivian leave in such a hurry after burning this place?"

Lady Amy of York

ClereonSwiftarrow
The Sire of Swift

201 Posts
Posted - 02/01/2008 :  06:58:58       

We make our way back to the keep with the children and William, when we arrive several guards come out to keep watch in case of enemy pursuit.

"Keep your eyes open men, Maltavian is a cunning creature. Watch the skies and everything else that you can spare to watch."

The captain of the guard nods and starts sending his men into positions. The keep is fortified heavily.

Ryza and Maggie run up to see that we are all ok. I help William down and Alanna shifts back to human form.

"What are you..really?" William inquires.

We head back to the main dining room where we bring out food for everyone. There was much left over from the earlier feast. While we eat, Alanna and Leona..of course Leona is more or less interjecting random information for the sake of saying it..more or less, anyways...Alanna and Leona start telling William about the story and whats been happening.

William isn't sure what to make of it but smiles and thanks us for our kindness.

Alanna is smiling, which is good, she hasn't since she found out the village burned.