News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Swords and bows

Started by Lady Amy of York, May 10, 2008, 12:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Amy of York

Lady Amy of York
noble lady/horsebreeder/ pirate captain

1947 Posts
Posted - 02/01/2008 :  08:29:47            
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I go to check on the children. They have all been fed and bathed. They all have similar features, and I question whether they are all siblings. I have not been able to get any of them to talk to us yet. They either don't trust us, or are still in shock over what they witnessed in the village. The young infant starts to cry. I pick her up in my arms and start to sing to her.
Drake enters the room . He stands quietly and smiles.
"What are you staring at?"i say to him teasingly.
"Seeing you holding that baby," said Drake," made be think about when you will be holding our three you are carrying in your womb." He comes closer to me and kisses me.
" You know ,"he whispers to me," We have not personally celebrated our good news yet." He starts to kiss me passionately down my neck.
" Drake,"I laugh," The children are watching, plus you are going to make me drop the baby." The baby starts to cry again.
"Let me hold her," says Drake,"I need the practice."
I hand the infant to Drake. He takes her in his arms and she immediately stops crying.
" I'm impressed," I say to him smiling.
" I just have a way with woman," boosts Drake.
" Thats not the only thing you have ," says Leona entering the room,"Have you looked at yourself?"
She starts laughing.
I look at Drake and start laughing too.Leona is practically on the floor laughing so hard. The young infant had leaked all over Drake.
" Oh yes," i say to him,"You really have a way with the ladies."

Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Lady Amy of York

Deborah
Advanced Member

929 Posts
Posted - 02/01/2008 :  10:09:39        
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ryza and I went to the rooms where Drake and Alanna are, and stand outside watching the scene. Alanna looked up and saw us there.

"Come in, you two...after all, this is your place," Alanna said.

We stepped in, followed closely by Tugs. I spoke to Alanna "The Sage Women say that you need your rest," I started. Alanna held up one hand and said "I know, I know. Thank you for your kindnesses, and your worry. But I think I need this right now." I looked at Drake and Ryza stepped forward with a silver shirt, and told him to change before he rusted. After we all laughed, he took the shirt and went to change it. When he returned he asked if the guards had seen any trace of Maltavian or his crew.

"Not as of yet," Ryza answered, "But we are keeping a close eye on all surrounding areas of our keep. We doubled the guards. We alerted our kin next keep over and they are also keeping watch. It would be my suggestion that everyone get some rest for we do not know how long the peace will last."

I picked up Tugs, and patted him behind his ears. One of the children said "Did you know that you and her have the same ears as your dog?"

"Out of the mouths of babes..." I said as Ryza and I left the room laughing.

ClereonSwiftarrow
The Sire of Swift

201 Posts
Posted - 02/01/2008 :  10:15:51        

The children are asleep as is most of the keep with the exception of the guards and myself.

Today has been a long day, so much has happened. More like a long life is like it. I slowly crawl out of bed so I don't wake up Alanna and make my way to the top tower where I can survey the keep and surrounding area.

When I get to the top I see someone in a robe overlooking the keep. I can already tell its Ryza.

"Hey" I say.

She never looks back.

"So..you never told me what happened to you after that night you took off."

I walk up next to her and stare out at the sky

"Well..."

"You don't have to tell me" She interjects.

"No, I do need to." I say before taking a deep breath. "When we got to Rinsdale with the map I felt something was wrong and I knew you'd say something like "chickening out so soon Drake?" or "thats what happens when you let a man do a womans job." So I never said anything, after you passed out in the inn from a drunken fit of violence I did some snooping around."

Ryza looks at me quickly. "For your information I wasn't even drunk, one of the barkeeps kept touching my behind so I gave him what he deserved."

"Well..after you passed out from "protecting" yourself. I found that my strange feeling was true. My brother was in the town looking for me and the treasure we were after. We ended up running into each other...I didn't want to involve my partner and good friend so I had him chase me out of the village..also I left the map with you...so you could find the treasure yourself."

There was silence for a short while untill Ryza broke it with a sigh.

"I never went to get the treasure..I knew you wouldnt betray me and run off to find it without me. I assumed something happened and if we werent going to get it together I didn't want it. In truth I wandered off and same back here, my parents were alive back then..when they passed..in return they gave me the keep."

Ryza looks to me and puts her hand on my shoulder.

"Drake, we had a lot of fun together, even though most adventures led to trouble...I admitt you were a great friend to me. How I'd love to go on another adventure like that. I envy you, you havn't changed one bit, other than the fact you have a beautiful princess by yourside and 3 children on the way...I honestly always figured I'd see you die alone in the dark.."

"Wow..thank you Ryza..for those wonderful words." I say as I laugh

Ryza cracks a laugh to and gives me a hug. "Good luck Drake, my adventuring days are over. The people here need me, you take care of Alanna, you have my blessing."

Ryza then turns away and leaves the tower.

I look back out to the stars and wonder whats yet to come

Lady Amy of York

Deborah
Advanced Member

929 Posts
Posted - 02/01/2008 :  10:27:57        

I see Ryza leaving the tower, and I nod to her in passing. She gave me a hug, and asked me what I was doing. "Going to the tower, since I can't sleep," I replied. "It's a busy night for the tower, Drake is up there" she said.

I carried Tugs under my cloak, and went up the stairs. I saw Drake standing and went up to his side.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked him.

"Just what might happen next," he said. "Why did you leave here?" he asked me.

"Oh, lots of reasons. Most particularly, I wanted to go out on my own, make my own way. This," I said sweeping my arm outward, "is home to my sister. I rather like being out amongst the humans of the world. It's not that I dislike courtly matters, I do come home on occasion. Besides, if I never left, I would not have gotten to be very good friends with Tugs here."

"Your owl doesn't seem to like him much," Drake laughed.

"Eh, Ashmith doesn't like much of anything. You know, Drake, you should go back to Alanna. If she awakens and doesn't find you there with her, she might get worried."

"I know," he started.

"Really, if you simply can not sleep, find one of the Sage Women, and they will help you."

Drake said good night, and left the tower. "Well Tugs, looks like it's you and me." Tugs looked at me sleepily, and laid his head back on my shoulder.

Lady Amy of York

ClereonSwiftarrow
The Sire of Swift

201 Posts
Posted - 02/01/2008 :  10:59:54       

On my way back to the room I hear the clanking of swords. I decide to make a detour to the training yard where a handful of guards are training.

I walk out and they halt their activities to look back at me.

"Isn't it a bit late for you guys to be training?"

The youngest looking in the group walks up and greets me in an arm cross

"We heard from Miss Ryza about the threat we are facing and want to be prepared to defend the keep."

The other guards behind him all nod in agreement

"Well I can't sleep so what do you say I join in the fun?"

They all look at each other and smile.

"It would be an honor to train with you Sir Drake." The youngest says.

"An honor? I wouldnt say that.."

"No, it really would. I heard much about you from my father" Replies the guard.

I look at him with a perplexed look for a few moments, but when he see's im confused he continues on.

"My father was Renault Turon, you fought with him 40 years ago in the Vyru Rebellion at Norsica."

I look at the boy for a long while and I finally see it. "You're Ren's son huh? You do look a lot like him.."

"He told me about you and that your a Dragon Lord. Also he said your battle prowess is unmatched."

I laugh a little and pick up a sword. "Ok lets give it a go shall we. I think I may have a few tricks I can teach you guys."

Time was lost to me, for some reason I was really enjoying myself, teaching young men how to defend their home, and to vanquish there foes. They picked up very quickly indeed. When the time comes to defend the keep, and Ryza they will be well prepared.

Several months pass by and theres no sign of Maltavian or his armies, no knew news of his whereabouts.

I been spending every night in the training yard with Ryza's guards. They have turned into a very efficient team. I taught them in the use of swords, lances, and bows. Some had a knack for magic which Ryza added us in teaching to them.

Its close to the birth of our children....I can only imagine what the outcome will be.

Lady Amy of York

1947 Posts
Posted - 02/01/2008 :  11:41:03           

I have spent most of my time with the children from the village. It took awhile, but I finally gain their trust, and they soon open up to me and spoke. I learned that they were all siblings. Their mother had died in child birth which scared me abit, and their father had died in the burning of the village. The children and I have grown very close and I consider them part of my family to the point that I have decided to request something of Drake.
I go off in search of him, and find him resting against a wall in the training yard.
" The young lads wearing you out mi lord ?" I ask with a laugh.
" Very funny," retorts Drake," Should you not be resting?"
" I'm pregnant, not ill," i say ," I feel fine, healthy and strong, but there is something you could to do for me,that would make me very happy."
" Oh man ! What is it?" asks Drake nervously, and giving me alook.
" Don't give me that look," I say to him," This is very important to me. I want us to adopt the orphan children from the village."
" I'll have eight mouths to feed !" exclaims Drake.
" that's not all," I say to him.
" I am afraid to hear what you have to say next," laughs Drake. I make a face and stick my tongue out at him.
" I know hardly anything about being a female dragon," i say to him.
" I don't know about that," says Drake with a mischievous smile," You have the mating part down pretty well."
" Drake Starsong !" I say to him whacking him in the arm," I'm serious, if i am to be a dragon queen, I need to know more about being a dragon. I need to learn all about them, and i need to learn all about the powers and skills i possess, and you are going to teach me and help me."
" Why me ," sighs Drake.
" Because ,thats why," I say to him," Besides if you behave i will throw in some personal fringe benefits ." I smile at him and bat my eyes.

ClereonSwiftarrow
The Sire of Swift

201 Posts
Posted - 02/01/2008 :  12:02:30       

"Fringe benefits? Like you will learn to cook?"

Before I finished the sentence I forseen the fist flying at my face and boy did it. I can take on many a dangerous foe, but Alanna's temper is something I wouldnt wish on my worst enemy.

"Ok ok" I say in a serious voice. "So..teach you about being a dragon..honestly Alanna, theres nothing to teach you. It's natural for me just like you learn to walk and talk when your younger, there was no formal teaching. I can say though our powers heighten with emotion. A dragon in a corner with something to loose is a dangerous foe..trust me."

Leona comes from behind alanna and puts in her two cents.

"Yeah, you'd be surprised. When we were younger there was a Vyru elder that kidnapped me. Normally Vyru in general were something our elders told us to stay from but the elder cheiftans, they are even a challange for the elder dragon lords. So Drake decides to be the hero and find me on his own. He did and when he seen a small cut on my face, he went nuts, it was a show that made your Dragon Fury episode look like a magic trick in a cheap bar."

"Wow, Drake I never knew you had a wild side." Alanna pipes in.

I just shake my head and walk back to the training

Leona puts her chin on Alanna's shoulder.

"I can teach you how to be a woman!!!"

Alanna back hands Leona and they both laugh and walk back into the keep

Lady Amy of York

1947 Posts
Posted - 02/03/2008 :  11:54:18           

We gather in the dining hall that evening for supper, when I notice the children are missing.
" Where, could they be ?" I say to everyone," It is not like the children to miss dinner." Just then one of the servant girls enters the room, and announces to everyone,
" Mi Lords and Ladies, please forgive the intrusion, but the children have asked me to inform you that they have a small play to put on for you to thank you all for your kindness."
I smile and say " Send them in ."
Drake is sitting next to me, and I reach for his hand.We both smile at each other, and I know Drake is thinking the same thing I am.
The children enter the room.
The oldest , a 8 year old dark haired boy, dressed in his finest attire , by the name of Johnathan recites a poem that he has written about me and Drake.
"Alanna is very nice, she spoils us alot, Drake can sometimes be grouchy, but he really is an old softie."
Everyone starts to laugh, even Drake can't help but Laugh.
Next comes the 6 year old Megan .She has ribbons in her red hair, and she has dressed in one of her best dresses. She puts on a little dance for all of us.
Then comes four year old red headed James and his two year old red headed sister Katie. They have picked flowers from the garden. You can tell they have been out in the garden. Their clothes are covered with mud.
Then one of the maids comes in carrying a basket which inside of is the young infant child. A red haired girl by the name of Annie. I take Annie from the maid. She has something moving under her blanket. I look under the blanket and there staring me in the face are the eyes of a wee puppy.
" And where did you come from ?" I say with a laugh. The children stare down at their feet trying not to look guilty. I look at Drake. He nods at me. I stand up, look around at everyone and then i say
" Children, Drake and I have a surprise for you too. We have decided that we want to adopt all of you. That means that we would be your new mommy and daddy."
The children jump for joy and come running to hug Drake and I.

Little did we know at the time, that our happiness would be short lived, for far way in his keep,Maltivian was planning his next evil plot.
" Zargon," he shouts , calling his dragon assistant.
" Yes mi lord ," replies Zargon, coming to his masters call.
" It is time for my next attack," smiles Maltivian.
" What do you have lanned in that wonderful evil mind of yours dear master ?"
" I want to see the kingdom of Farland burn to the ground. I want no survivors. Maybe this will drive dear princess Alanna out of hiding ."
" You are still obsessed with her master ?"
" Of course I am your fool," shouts Maltivian," I need her blood to live for ever, plus with her as my bride i would rule the dragon world."
" Like she would evr marry you master."
" Don't be so sure Zargon. When i startkilling off everyone around her that she loves, she will give into my commands."
" You are delightfully evil master ," laughs Zargon .
" Yes," smiles Maltivian," Come Zargon, let the attack on Farland begin."

Back at Ryza's and Maggie's keep......

The children are still dancing around in excitement.
" So," asks Leona walking over to me and Drake," If you and Drake are going to adopt the children and become their parents, does that mean that you are finally going to get married?"
" Why don't you ask Drake ?" I respond," He has yet to officially propose to me ."
" You are not chickening out Drake ," says Leona," Cause if you are you will answer to me."
" I told you I am waiting for the right time ," says Drake.
" When," i say laughing," Like when the babies I am carrying have children of their own."
Everyone tries not to laugh.
" Well ," says Robert standing up from his place at the table and walking over to Leona," If Drake won't propose marriage I will, for my heart has been captured by a fair beauty, a true angel from heaven."
" Watch it buster," warns Drake stepping forward," Alanna is already spoken for."
" I was referring to Leona," replies Robert.
" Leona!" exclaims Drake in shock.
" Humph !" says Leona," You mean you don't find me beautiful Drake?"
" I..I..never mind ," Says Drake," I think what ever I would say would just get me in trouble."
Leona and I both giggle. Robert grabs Leona's hand and kneels before her. Leona blushes.
" Leona, my love," says Robert," Would you make my heart forever happy by becoming my wife."
" Yes," answers Leona," But first you must ask Drake for my hand, since he is the closet thing I have to a brother or father ."

ClereonSwiftarrow
The Sire of Swift

201 Posts
Posted - 02/03/2008 :  13:57:33       

Robert looks up to me for an answer and I start to smile wickedly but Alanna slaps the back of my head, ruining any excitement was left open to have.

"You're a good man Robert, under normal circumstances I wouldnt let any human being be stuf with her the rest of their life, but you look like you can take a beating and hopefully, cook."

The room erupts in laughter and Leona gets up to hit me, but stops short and kisses my cheek. "I love you to Drake."

I smile and Rober picks Leona up to carry her away.

I stretch and yawn, "I'm exhausted and think I will get some rest."

Suddenly all the kids jump at me and yell "Lets play dragon slayers!"

"Hey now, dragons aren't all bad!" I say

All the kids quiet down and then we all laugh

Lady Amy of York

1947 Posts
Posted - 02/06/2008 :  19:09:07           

Drake and I finally get the children settled down in bed after they coaxed Drake into telling them a story about dragons and dragon slayers.
" You know someday we are going to have to tell them that we are part dragon," I say to Drake.
" Yes, but for now I am just happy to get that wild bunch of ruffians to bed," laughs Drake.
" Like you were never young and wild ," I say to him teasingly.
" I'll show you young and wild," he says to me. He picks me up and carries me off towards our bedchamber.
" Man," says Drake," I'm not going to be able to keep up this much longer. You must way a ton."
" Very funny," I replie," Need i remind you that i am pregnant with three ."
Drake carries me into our bedchamber , lays me down on the bed and starts kissing me passionately.
" You know this is how i got pregnant in the first place ," I say to him.
" You really know how to set the mood," laughs Drake, and he starts to turn away.
" Drake Starsong," i shout after him.
Drake looks at me with mischievous smile.
" And you call me the mischievous one in the family," I say teasingly.
" You want mischief, I'll give you mischief missy," teases Drake and lays down next to me and pulls me into his arms, and we share some romantic and passionate time together.

Afterwards there is a knock on the door. Drake grabs for his breeches and dressed quickly, while i pull the blankets up around me. Drake goes and answers the door, to find Maggie standing there. She looks at Drake and blushes,lets out a little sigh, and smiles embarresingly, and says
" Forgive the intrusion mi lord, but I thought you and mi lady would like to know that Ashmith is back."
We were all beginning to worry about Ashmith. He had be gone for months. Maggie keep trying to reassure us, but saying that Ashmith sometimes would go off on his own for weeks, but we were still worried.
" Send him in Maggie," I call from bed. Ashmith comes flying in, and lands on one of the chairs. He looks tired and hungry.
" Drake, send for some food and water please," I say. Drake leaves the room .
" Ashmith, what news do you have of my parents ?"
" Mi lady," says Ashmith" i ..I...i maybe we should wait for another time..."
" Tell me now Ashmith, I asked you a question, I want an answer."
" Mi lady, i hate to be the bearer of bad news.I spent time with your mother. She was thrilled with the news of the babies, and gave you her blessings and said she wished she could be with you. I was on my way back here, when something told me to turn around and go back to Farland. But when i arrived back there your kingdom has been attacked. The castle and the village around it were in flames ."
" No, it can't be ," I scream," Why didn't i have any visions ?"
With that, I faint on the floor.

ClereonSwiftarrow
The Sire of Swift

201 Posts
Posted - 02/07/2008 :  13:10:02       

I return to the chamber when I see Alanna on the floor. Maggie is holding her head in her lap.

"What happened!?"

Ashmith turns to me and tells me of the news. Deep inside me my heart burns hot with hate for Maltavian.

"Maggie, watch after Alanna. I'm going to Farland."

"But Drake.." Maggie tries to say

"No, Maggie I'm going and no one is stopping me. Whatever you do, do NOT let Alanna follow me when she awakens." I start out the door and suddenly am cut off my Ryza.

"You're not going anywhere alone Drake. I'm going with you."

I stare at her for a moment before nodding.

"Very well, but so help me if you slo..."

"Drake Starsong!" Ryza interrupts with, "We all know who the slow one is, don't you give me that speech."

We both take off towards the castle entrance. As we pass the guards, we warn them of a possible invasion and of the downfall of Farland.

I shift into dragon form and Ryza shifts into an eagle. We move as quickly as possible without tiring ourselves out to much, should we encounter an enemy it would be bad.

We travel for 3 days, only resting at night in high places. Finally we reach the outer borders of Farland. What remains of the towns still burn or are already down to ash. Corpses litter the streets.

"Who could do such evil..?" Asks Ryza.

"Maltavian..thats who" I respond.

"DRAKE! LOOK!" Ryza swoops down and I follow. It seems as there are some survivors being cornered on the pier where I first got of the boat upon meeting Alanna.

"Ryza, thats the King and Queen! We must hurry!" We quicken our pace and shift back into human form upon hitting the ground.

It looks as if more than a few of Maltavians minions are out to play. Surrounding Alanna's parents are a slew of Vyru, Orcs, Trolls, and some Dragon kin.

"Hey you ugly bastards! Pick on someone your own size!"

I look to Ryza and shake my head.

"Your mouth is foul as ever for a lady." I tease.

All the minions turn to us and charge in.

"It worked did it not?"

Ryza readies a spell and lunges a fireball which demolishes the first group of monsters.

The remaining group is near 50 strong and Ryza needs time to summon another spell.

"Nice try Ry, but it looks like your a little rusty!" I throw in.

"Hmph! So show me how its done then!"

"Gladly!" I yell back.

"Gorwen fatir haem se nar! DRAGONS LANCE STRIKE DOWN THY ENEMIES!" I yell and from the sky a lightning bolt in the shape of a massive lance strikes the ground which the enemies tread upon. All but 5 of them dissintigrate instantaneously.

"I guess you have learned a lot haven't you Mr. Starsong?"

"I like to think so," I reply back.

Ryza pulls out her sword and rushes in finishing off the others quickly.

"Wow, Ry, looks like you took my advice and got some sword training in"

"Don't flatter yourself, I was ALWAYS better than you." Ryza says in a harsh tone.

I just mimic her and continue to the King and Queen.

"Drake!" Yells out the Queen with the King right behind her. "Thank God you've come! You were right the whole time not to trust Jeter, he is Maltavian! He killed near the whole kingdom and burned it all down. We made it out and only gotten this far due to the sacrifice of our guards and servants."

"Tell me Drake, is Alanna ok!?" The King asks.

"No, my lord...from the depths of my heart I am sorry..but Alanna was killed...by the hands of my own brother...."

The King and Queen look at us for a brief moment in silence and then beg us to follow them to the shipyard.

"Drake! Why did you tell them that?" Ryza whispers.

"They aren't Alanna's parents. The King is wearing Jeters Dragon pendant and neither of them said anything to their own daughters death."

"So he is Maltavian???" Ryza asks.

"Yes, we cannot kill them though, not untill we find the real King and Queen."

The Pretenders lead us to the shipyard where they continue to explain a few of the survivors made off towards an inlet with a safe haven off the coast of Yaelwic.

So the journey continues...

Lady Amy of York

While I am asleep i have one terrible dream after another , or are they visions of what is going to happen. I see the castle in flames, i see my parents, and some of the hand servants being tortured.
" No!" I scream out in my sleep. Then I see Drake laying on the ground bleeding, and not moving. Maltivian is standing over him smiling a wicked smile.
" Drake," I scream, and awaken from my dream. I am covered in a cold sweat. Maggie is sitting next to me sponging my forehead.
" Stay calm, dear," says Maggie in a motherly voice," It is not good for you or the babies ."
" Drake, where is Drake ?" I say to Maggie in a panic tone of voice.
" He just stepped out to check on the children ," says Maggie trying not to look me in the face.
" Maggie, you are a terrible liar," i say to her," He is not here is he ."
" Drake will have my hide if I tell you ," says Maggie nervously.
" That is all i needed to here Maggie," I say to her climbing out of bed," He went after Maltivian didn't he ? The fool. He is going to get himself killed. He is no match for Maltivian alone . Maltivian almost killed him the last time they met up. "
" Ryza went with him," informs Maggie.
" Ryza !" I exclaim. I don't know wheter to be relieved, worried, angry or jealous. All i know is those two can't fight Maltivian alone.
" Where is Leona, Robert and William ?" I say to Maggie.
" I would guess that they are all sleeping ," says Maggie.
" Please have them come here," i say to Maggie.
" But..." says Maggie.
" I can assure you i am not going anywhere," i say to her .
" Very well," she says to me and goes off to find the others.
" Maggie,I'm sorry i had to lied to you," i say to myself , and then I open a window, transform myself into a hawk and go flying out.

Maggie returns to my bedchamber with the others after informing them on everything that has happen.
" She is gone !" exclaims Maggie.
" Drake is not going to like this," says Leona, then she turns to Robert and says " Looks like we will be making a trip to Farland ."

In the meantime, I am half way to Farland, when i feel a familiar presence.
" Please let it be Drake ," I say to myself.
" Going somewhere, " calls a figure flying on a small dragon.
" Rhondel, is that you ?" I say, happy to see my old friend.
" Yes , child," says Rhondel," and can I assume that you are going to Farland to confront Maltivian."
" You know ?" i ask him.
" Yes child," says Rhondel," I have ben keeping close tabs on you through my crystal ball ."
" Good old Rhondel," i say to him," You have always been there for me."
" Yes, but now I must insist that you turn back," says Rhondel.
" I can't turn back, I have to confront Maltivian. You told me i was the only one who could fight him."
" Yes, but now i am telling you to turn back," insists Rhondel.
" Why are you being so persistent ," I ask him.
" Because i don't want to see you get killed ," says Rhondel.
" Thankyou for the concern, but i can handle myself."
" Alanna, you don't understand," pleas Rhondel.
" No," i shout at him," You don't understand. I lost my real parents to Maltivian, now I may have lost my adoptive parents too, not to mention the one man that i love with all my heart, and the father of my children.Do you even know what is like to have your loved ones killed because of you ?"
" Yes, I am afraid I know all to well," says Rhondel" Alanna there is something I need to tell you. May we land on the ground for a second."
" Very well," I say, still angry. We land on the ground, and I transform back to my human self.
Rhondel walks over to me and takes my hand.
" Rhondel,I am in no mood," I begin to say but then i see how nervous and concern he is.
" Rhondel, what is it ?" I say to him.
" Alanna, you know me as Rhondel the wizard. But I use to be a mighty and powerful dragon lord. That was before Maltivian tricked me and took away my powers."
" You are a dragon ?" i say to him in shock.
" I was more then a dragon Alanna, I was the dragon king."
" But then, that would mean..."
" Yes, Alanna, I am your father ."
" Liar," i shout in anger," You are just trying to keep me from going to Farland."
" Alanna, please, I can prove it to you. It will take some doing, cause i don't have much powers left ." He transforms himself into a big mighty dragon.
" So you are a dragon," i say to him," That does not prove anything."
" Ask Drake and Leona, they know who I am."
" Drake knew all the time, just wait till i get him alone," I shout.
" Does that mean you belive me," says Rhondel.
" No!," I reply.
" Alanna turn yourself into a dragon if you would please ."
" Very well," I say to him. I transform myself into a dragon.
" Look at your inner right wing. You have the same mark on it that i have one my wing. It is a very rare mark. It is the mark of the dragon kings."
Sure enough, we have the same mark. I don't know what to think.
" There is something else ," says Rhondel walking over to me. He places his hands on my stomach area. I feel the babies inside of me move and a warm bright light shines from my stomach.I watch in awe.
" The power of one dragon king to a future dragon king," smiles Rhondel.
" Father," i say to him and start to cry. Rhondel gives me a dragon hug and then he says to me,
" Come let us go find my future son in law ."
" You changed your mind," I say to him.
" I knew there would be no stopping you daughter," sighs Rhondel," I'm afraid you inherited your father's stubbornness and his temper too."
" I love you daddy," i say to him

Lady Amy of York

Deborah
Advanced Member

929 Posts
Posted - 02/11/2008 :  07:14:02       

I woke up, not able to sleep. I wandered the corridors until I reached Alanna's rooms, and saw that she was not there. I ran to Ryza's room, and found that she had gone too. I whistled for Ashmith, who came immediately to my side. "I need you to find everyone! They're gone!" Ashmith flew off immediately to do as I commanded.

I went back to my room, grabbed my cloak, and told Tugs to stay where he was. I ran to the clearing, where I saw the guards.

Lady Amy of York

1947 Posts
Posted - 02/11/2008 :  23:10:57           

Rhondel, or should i say my newly discovered father and I flew towards Farland. As we flew I continued to ask him several questions that I had on my mind, in attempt to put together pieces of my past and to try to make better sense of what was going on now.
" Father why did you pretend to be dead all these years ?'
" Because this as Rhondel I could keep an eye on you and protect you."
" But you could have told me who you were," I reply.
" It would have been too risky ," Rhondel answered," After i lost my powers to Maltivain, and knew what Maltivian was capable of, i knew I had to protect you. That's when I became Rhondel the wizard. I took you to Farland, to live with some old friends of mine."
" My adoptive parents, the king and queen, they were friends of yours? Does that mean they knew you were the dragon king ?"
" No, they never knew me as a dragon, they only knew me in my human form."
" So father, you took me to live at Farland, but what of my mother ? What happen to my birth mother ?"
Rhondel looked away from me for a second, trying to hide a tear in his eye.
" Father did I say something wrong ?"
" No child. I am afraid i do not know what happen to your mother . You see she was with me when Maltivian attacked me. I was knocked unconscious, either that or Maltivian used some spell on me. Anyway when i woke up, your mother was gone. I have searched for her for years, but have never found her."
" You mean she could still be alive ?"
" I don't know child," says Rhondel," I shouldn't have told you. Now i may have yor hopes up for nothing."
" He has her doesn't he ," I say in a furry," Maltivian has my mother !"

I fly faster,the dragon fury stirring inside of me.
" Alanna, do you know of anyone in Farland , who would want to harm you ?" my father asks.
" Why do you ask father ?"
" Because someone had to inform Maltivian that you were there , but who ? Someone is a traitor and a spy."
" But who would do such a thing ?"

We fly a few miles more, not saying a word to each other. I can tell Rhondel is deep in thought.
" Father, what really did happen between you and Maltivian. Why did he want you dead, and now me ?"
"Alanna,"sighs Rhondel," There is something you should know . Years ago there were two powerful dragon lords. One of them was destined to inherit the throne from his father. The other was jealous and envious, and felt that he should be the rightful king. His anger and hatred grew. It was said that the jealous dragon lord was just being foolish . No one knew that he had made a pact with the dark world. One day he disappeared. No one knew where he went. The other dragon lord went onto to inherit the throne. He married a beautiful woman who was part elf, part fairy. part human.They married and soon had a child.The child was said to be the chosen one. She would be the most powerful of all dragons."
" Are you referring to me ?" i say with achill running down my spine for some reason.
" Yes," replies Rhondel," For you have powers and capabilities you have yet to discover child."
" and you were the one dragon lord ?"
" Yes, said my father," shall i continue the story ?"
" Please do ."
" you were born and dragons came from all around to see the chosen child. Well of course the news must have gotten back to Maltivian. Your mother and I were having a picnic one afternoon. She had not wanted to leave you, but I assuured her you would be safe with your lady in waiting. Thank the dragon gods we did not bring you with us , for it was while we were on our picnic that Maltivian attacked us ."
" Because he wanted the throne to himself ," I replie," and now he is after me, because he knows i am the rightful heir to the throne ."
" There is more Alanna, I guess when Maltivian made his pact with the darkworld, he lost his ability to live forever. He needs to mate with a female dragon with the same dragon blood as him in order to gain back his ability to live forever."
" But i don't have the same blood as him ," I say.
" Alanna, there is something about Maltivian you should know."
" What is it father ?"
" Maltivian was my younger brother.He is your uncle . You are true blood relatives."
" No !" I scream .

Lady Amy of York

I  cannot believe  what my father just told me. How could I be realted to such a evil being as Maltivian.   I feel sick to  my stomach, and I find  myself  placing a hand on my growing belly.  My thoughts    turn to the children growing inside of me.
" If i share the same blood as Maltivian, then these children I have growing inside of me, have his blood too.  What have  I  done  ?  I  can't bring another Maltivian  into this  world,"  I  say  to myself.     
I  turn and look at  my father,
   "  I need to be alone  right now  father,"  I say to him.
" Alanna, I won't let you go to Farland  by  yourself."
  "  I won't go to Farland  without you, I just nedd to be  alone,"  I  snap  at him.
   " Alanna, what are you planning ?  Don't do anything you will regret  later."

Drake Starsong

The pretender King and Queen motion us to board the small vessel. I enter first followed by Ryza.

The pretenders board and we take off slowly.

"My King, do you not think it best if we row the oars? You and your wife are surely tired in both body and mind."

"Nonsense, I'm full of energy. We will reach the island shortly."

Ryza looks at me and I can tell what she is thinking. No royalty would ever give up a offer like that.

Suddenly a nasty fog begins to roll in and soon I can only see my own hands in front of my face. I reach in to summon a small amount of my Dragon energy, now I can see better. We are still far from anywhere. The shipyard behind us is but a small sillouette now.

I lay back and figure this may be the last sleep I get for a while. Ryza seems to have the same idea, she is already fast asleep.
Yo ho Yo ho!

Lady Amy of York

Rhondel  realizes  he cannot  argue  with me  and  leaves me  alone.   I  change into my human form   and then i reach    for my dagger.  I hold it in my hands and point it towards  my chest.
"  Forgive me  Drake ,"  I  cry out.  I take the dagger, my hands begin to shake.    What am I  doing ?  What am I  thinking ?   I  kneel to the  ground  and begin to weep.
  " Drake, where are you ?  I need you now, more  then  anything. "

Drake Starsong

I suddenly awake from a deep sleep.

Ryza notices me jump and puts her hand on my shoulder.

"Is everything ok?"

"No...I felt something..something painful....Alanna...."

I feel a pinch in my heart, and another...and another...I am on my hands and my knees in pain. Please hand in there Alanna I think to myself.

Ryza nudges me, "We are at the island."

I look up and see the beginning of a large cave mouth. Suddenly I feel as if I'm going to black out, and I do as I fall over the side of the boat.

I wake up what must be several hours later. When I open my eyes I see Ryza in front of a Globe of Warmth.

"You're finally up...I was worried."

"What happened?" I ask.

"You were in much pain, you said something about Alanna and then fell to your hands and knees....then you fell over the side of the boat, I jumped in after you and brought you to shore."

I take a deep breath.

"What about the Pretenders?"

"I don't know," Ryza responded. "It seemed like the boat went straight to the opening of the cave.."

"It's probably better that I fell then...we'd be in the midst of Maltavians scheme."

"You need to rest," Ryza interjects.

"Yeah.." I mutter out before trailing off and falling back asleep.
Yo ho Yo ho!

Drake Starsong

I open my eyes and squint as the bright sun intrudes. I look over to my right to see Ryza up, she is tossing small rocks into the water.

I slowly rise and look at my surroundings, trying to remember what happened the night before.

"You're finally up I see," says Ryza.

"How long have I been down for?" I ask.

"At least 14 hours, its around noon..." she says before trailing off.

I jump to my feet and stretch. I continue to walk around abit to regain my bearings.

"Ry, what happened last night?"

She remains silent for a few moments before explaining.

"You said something about Alanna, then you fell to your hands and knees in pain, then went over the side of the boat. I brought you to shore, you were up shortly but fell fast asleep."

"Alanna..." I start to say. "Lets go, we need to find the people of Farland."

I pick up my gear and we start to explore the island when suddenly we see a long line of people.

"What is it Drake?" Ryza asks.

"It's the people of Farland, they are being herded into the cavern mouth," I say as I study the scene before me. "It looks like Goblins."

Ryza sighs.

"Don't worry, we will be fine, lets wait for them to all get into the cave and then we can sneak in."

Ryza nods in agreement and we patiently wait.

Several minutes later the last Goblin guard enters the cave and we make our move. We silently get to the cave entrance, I summon a small amount of Dragon strength and see an empty entrance. We both move in silently and as we move in, we can hear cries for help and cries of pain.
Yo ho Yo ho!

Lady Amy of York

I awake to  a warm camp fire, and my father sitting near by.
" What happen ?"  I ask him.
  " You cried until you could cry no more, then you fell asleep from exhaustion ."
  " I remember now," I replie. I stand up   and look around me.
  " I also found this laying beside you," says my father holding my dagger," Do you wish to talk about it."
   " No," I reply, starting to walk away.
   " Alanna, don't be angry,"  says  Rhondel.
    " I'm not sure how I feel right now,"  I shout at him," I feel like my whole life has been one  big lie. Everyone I have ever known and trusted has lied to me, or get information hidden from me."
   " Not everyone,"answers Rhondel.
    " Drake," I replie, and let out a sigh.   My father reaches out to touch  my hand  and  I start to turn away from him.
      " I'm sorry Alanna," says my father," I never met to hurt you. I only did what I thought was best. I was trying  to protect you from Maltivian.  But i see that despite all my efforts, all I have  done is failed you  and  caused you  much pain."
     I look at my father, and   see the pain  and anguish in his face.   How can I be angry with him.  He has always been there for  me, that is true, not as my father until now, but as my friend Rhondel the great wizard.
   "What are we doing standing around here ?" I ask my father,"  I am Alanna, queen of the dragons, and I'm not going to let Maltivian beat me, or destroy  my people."
" That's my girl," smiles my father.
" Father, teach me everything I need to know about being a dragon queen. Show me all the powers  and  skills I posses."
  " That could take days !" exclaims  my father.
  " Well then, what are we waiting for," I say with a smile," Lets  get moving."

Lady Amy of York

We  spend all afternoon training, over and over, until my head grows  weary, and I feel like I can't absorb anymore.    The sun is strating to set, and the sky starts  to grow  dark.
  "  Lets go,"  I say to my father, changing to  dragon form and  taking flight.
" Alanna, you still have  more to learn,"   calls my father after me.
"  Enough time has been wasted father,"  I  shout back,"  I am going to find  my husband  to be, and  save  my  people  . "

Drake Starsong

We both hug the cavern wall and stay in the shadows. As we inch along  the screams begin to get sharper and louder. Finally we reach an intersection and when I peer around the corner I can see many people, all chained down with their captors whipping and beating them.

"This is is Ry, we are going to free these people" I say with conviction.

Ryza nods and follows as I make my way towards the prisoners.

Suddenly a loud shrill encompasses the entire cavern and I  cusp my ears falling to the ground. All around me the prisoners drop in pain and the Goblins laugh.

I look back to Ryza and she is standing tall with a smirk on her face.

Suddenly the shrill stops and Ryza shakes her head.

"Sorry Drake, Maltavian promised me that if I helped him kill you, that he would spare my kingdom."

"Wha..? I begin to say, but Ryza knocks me hard in the head with her crystal staff.

I fall to the ground before she jabs me in the stomach

I ball up in pain and roll away from her next attack.

I slowly regain my footing and back away from Ryza.

"How can you do this Ry? How?"

Ryza turns from me when she starts to talk.

"How can I not? If I don't..my home..people..everyone and everything will be gone, Maltavian is letting me live and will reward me greatly."

"You're poisoned by his words! this isn't the real you!"

Ryza looks away once more and begins to chant

Nor keloc me twa lilir nas racht!

She puts the staff against my chest and a blue burst burns straight through my chest, knocking me to the ground.

All the prisoners stand looking in awe

"I'm so sorry Drake, I just had to do it...forgive me.."

Ryza turns and walks off with the Goblin Cheiftan and I lay motionless on the cavern floor.
Yo ho Yo ho!

Lady Amy of York

As I am flying, a sharp pain hits me in the chest and I almost fall to the ground. Then I see a vision in  my mind.  Drake, he is laying motionless, and Ryza is standing over him. Why isn't Ryza helping him ?
  " What is it Alanna ?' asks my father noticing the puzzled and  worried look on  my face.
   " Something is terribly wrong father ?  We must move faster ."
   " Use your necklace  Alanna  ,"  says my father.
   " My necklace  ?"  I ask, looking down at the necklace  i have worn since i was  a child. Somehow  even in dragon form  it stayed around  my neck.
   "  The necklace is  the necklace of the dragon queen. It holds  special powers.   Use it now  to teleport  you anywhere  you want to go  ."
     I  hold onto the necklace   and  say
    " Take me  to Farland  and  to Drake."