News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Re: Vent! Seriously. Vent.

Started by Lady Nicolette, September 01, 2008, 10:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Nicolette

I really want to believe right now.  And I think I might get disappointed. :(
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

theChuck

The Renlist - find faires near you!

LadyStitch

Ok this is boarding on harrassment.  For a month you havne't done anything. no complaints, no banging, nothing.  Then out of the blue you start it again.  I will admit when I baby sat the 18 month old. Him knocking stuff over onto the floor, and playing with the blocks did make some noise on the floor, but he was on the rug, on top of the carpet.  Yet you banged on your ceiling to make us  "cut it out".  But geeze it was 4 PM in the afternoon on Labor day sunday!  What are you doing that  you want perfect silence. 
Add in that neighbors up here have been having arguments lately, girls roller skating in the hallways, and then the BBQ on the patio labor day night.  What are you mad at us for we haven't' done anything!

Tonight I walked across our tile floor in the kitchen at 8 PM and you started banging on the ceiling.  I start sewing , which I have done all night sometimes, for months, and you get upset at it's "vibrations" are disturbing you.  WTH!!!
I have it on a heavy duty table , and the motor on it isn't that strong.  WHat are you thinking?  If I can't sew past 10 at night I am going to be up a creek.  I'm a seamstress and I can't do everything during day light hours!  This is getting redicious!
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Aiacha

Man, do I have to do your job as well as my own??

Lord Dragonspyre

Think it through before you decide to do something so next time you won't have this kind of emergency come up. Not my problem that you were too stupid to see the blindingly obvious problem in front of you.
Corrupting Impressionable Youths Since 1976.

IBRSC#1475, RMG#820, IFRP#1276
Horseman of Debauchery

gypsylakat

Could someone please explain to me why it is I can't make a friggin joke? Sure it would be a funny thing if someone who was creeped out by bugs had a bug in her bed, that was a joke that it would be funny, not that I was going to do it. Not something to like start a fight over the second week of school... And I didn't even say it to you! I guess I'm most mad at the person I said it to for making it a serious issue.

Girls are stupid. Boys are more fun.
"A kiss can be a comma, a question mark or an exclamation point.
That's basic spelling that every woman ought to know."

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Are you F****ng kidding me? I'm sick of you.
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Amyj

I hate it when you have to travel for 3 weeks after working for 15 or so hours a day for the 3 weeks before that.  I REALLY miss you and it sucks that I cried like 3 yr old when you had to leve again on Monday evening.  I hope you miss me too and I'm glad that faire season is coming up so we will have whole weekends together having fun soon.
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

Noble Dreg

"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

Baron Doune

Demetrius

And it remained fairly civil... (maybe I can get something done now)
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Noble Dreg

"A place for non-specific discussions outside the realm of faire"

Unless it's my thread, then it's deleted without as much as a "how do you do".  It is your site, do with it as you wish.  I would even accept "We did not want political threads of any type", but I would have thought in the "Spirit of Ren" I would have recieved the decency of a PM or other notification.  Apparently I am not worth the effort.  I thought we were friends...

Go back to your videos of "three ways and beer", apparently they are more accepted than political discourse.

No doubt I too will suffer the fate of my posts...
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

Demetrius

Quote from: Noble Dreg on September 04, 2008, 10:45:35 PM

Unless it's my thread, then it's deleted without as much as a "how do you do".  It is your site, do with it as you wish.  I would even accept "We did not want political threads of any type", but I would have thought in the "Spirit of Ren" I would have recieved the decency of a PM or other notification.  Apparently I am not worth the effort.  I thought we were friends...

Go back to your videos of "three ways and beer", apparently they are more accepted than political discourse.

For a political thread I thought it actually lasted pretty long. I understand why you are upset, but I'm kind of surprised it didn't go down sooner. I hope you stay on here.
Many of my closest friends are politically miles away from me, but the friendship I have with them is far more important then our political leanings, in my opinion.
I might disagree with you- but I say Huzzah to you for starting a discussion that did not go completely nuclear.
Now, since this is a vent thread- my back is freaking killing me.
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Charlotte Rowan

It was an interesting topic, Dreg. I don't think its deletion was anything personal.
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

Yeah, I was pretty disappointed by that thread being locked, too.  I thought it was civil, intelligent, and certainly fit the theme of "outside the realm of faire."  I haven't been here long, but perhaps there's just some unstated "no political threads" policy. 
(This space for rent)