News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Please Pray for TigerFairy!

Started by Fairyfly, October 21, 2008, 09:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lordwriothsley

FairyFly I'm so glad to hear that things are calming down for you right now.Keep up the good work and before you know things will be back to normal.I promise you that.Just know that all of us are here for you if you ever need us so don't hesitate to ask for anything sweetie.Hugs to you!
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Fairyfly

Thanks so much! I'm definitely feeling better and looking forward to getting back and getting things in gear there.

We had a tough morning though. Little kid absolutely didn't want to go to KinderCare. She put up a good fight too. Lol But she had had a hard night. She dropped to 63 on us then shot up to 341. I'll be happy for her when she gets in the Honeymoon phase so she'll have a bit of a break from the major highs and lows.
EtteMum
TaskMistress of the Bayou Scoundrel's
Fae'N M'Crack... or at least working on it.
Rani's Divine Whip

Fairyfly

I did it! I did it!!! She got up in a much better mood today with out any kicking or screaming about getting dressed! I did her testing and gave her, her shots!!! She was my little trooper and didn't throw the fits she's been throwing every now and then since I got here. And I didn't feel sick or woosy!!! WHOO HOOO!!!  ;D
EtteMum
Rani's Divine Whip

Rani Zemirah

Oh honey, I'm so happy for you!!! I knew you could do it! Now you'll see how quickly things will start to get better, and easier, too! Have a truly wonderful day, sweetheart!
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Amras Elfwine

Quote from: Fairyfly on November 07, 2008, 08:48:51 AM
I did it! I did it!!! ....And I didn't feel sick or woosy!!! WHOO HOOO!!!  ;D

Now, theres a victory! Proud of yuh, lass...you are both in my meditations!

Amras
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

Tygrkat

;D YAY!!!

I'm so glad things are getting a little easier for the both of you ~ keeping you both in my thoughts...

{{Hugs}}
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

Anna Iram

:) It makes me happy to see everything working out for you Fairfly.

lordwriothsley

That was amazing FairFly.I'm so glad things are getting better for you and your little girl.Hugs to you both.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Fairyfly

Day two of me doing her testing.. and I stabbed myself reloading the poker thing. Lol And right now she's got two people wrestling her clothes on. Tee hee At least she's in a good mood today! She got me back for waking her up for daycare all this week, this morning. Gotta Love my bratt!!!  ;D ::)
EtteMum
Rani's Divine Whip

Rani Zemirah

She sounds so precious! Wish mine was here with me right now, but treatment days she's with my mom. Sorry you got poked, but at least now you know it's not the worst thing in the world. Oh, and you're supposed to load the thing with the little cap still on the needle! LOL

Have a wonderful day, darlin', and keep the faith! <<hugs>>
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Fairyfly

I did reload it with the little cap thingy on it... but the cap wouldn't come off and I guess it didn't like me trying to pull it off cuz it got me when I got the cap off. Lol Had to go for try two!
EtteMum
Rani's Divine Whip

Rani Zemirah

Oops!!! Gotta watch out for that!  <<hugs>>
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Lady Amy of York

Quote from: Fairyfly on November 08, 2008, 07:51:24 PM
I did reload it with the little cap thingy on it... but the cap wouldn't come off and I guess it didn't like me trying to pull it off cuz it got me when I got the cap off. Lol Had to go for try two!

The caps  should just twist off.  But don't worry, I have  diabetes  type  2 (  developed it after i had  gestational  diabetes ) and i have poked  myself  a few  times too, loading my needles.   You eventually get  so use to  doing  it, that you can do it  in your  sleep.
   and like others have  said  on here, if  your  daughter gets  tired of being poked in the  finger,  you can try  the  arm  or  even  the  leg.  Oh and  i find   pricking myself  on the  side of  the  finger hurts less  then  the  tip of  the  finger.
  another trick is  to run the pricked finger under cold  water  after  you prick  it.

Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

lambdastar

There so many people going through the same thing every day. Please know your not alone. I amd Diabetic myself Type2 and curreently on a insulin pump. IF you daughter is a Jonas Brothers fan let her know that Nick is also type 1. Also get support for local Diabetic groups or on line at ADA.org.
Just looking for a friend. Wishes to be accepted.

Fairyfly

Thank you very much!

TigerFairy is COMING HOME!!! She lands home on Dec 3rd. The new house is 1/2 ready and will be all ready by the time I leave to get her!

The scary thing is that she's been having some lows this week. All the way down to 25.. Today she was 28 at dinner time. We are getting it figured out as to why she's dropping so low. Hopefully we'll have it better controlled before she gets home.
EtteMum
Rani's Divine Whip